Pet Peeves?

Old Sep 21st 2011, 4:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

Englishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to beholdEnglishman43 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Pet Peeves?

People in general.
Cats - smug bastards.
Mosquitos - total wankers.
Flies - useless.
Skateboarders - Take you little piece of wheeled wood and stick it up your arse.
Surfers - Dude while you're communing with nature and getting in touch with the flow of life and the ocean that piece of styrofoam you're floating about on has a half life of 10,000.00 years.
Bumper stickers - NOBODY CARES if your kid is honor student of the bloody century, you love you Chevy or that you think Sarah Palin is great.
People that move to the US and 5 minutes later start speaking with a weird accent that they think sounds American.
Starbucks - Shit coffee is still shit coffee even if you gave me half a gallon of it for 3 bucks.

Last edited by Englishman43; Sep 21st 2011 at 4:50 pm.
Old Sep 21st 2011, 4:33 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paranoidandroid
I had to think about that... the answer's still "no". If I have a lot of stuff at the supermarket, and I see the person behind me has 2 items, I'll often offer them to go in front of me. Of course that's backfired when they accept, and then proceed to wait until the cashier tells them the amount before they wade through their pockets for change, or worse produce a chequebook, and handwrite a cheque out which takes them forever. If I don't offer, you're not getting in front.
Aye, I know what you mean. I'll let people in if they are carrying a few items to be nice. A lot of the time they decline the offer as well - but it is nice to be asked. Lord knows I never am when I have an armful of groceries and no trolley!

The worst check-out like one is Sunday in K-Mart at about 11, when they have 3 lines open but there are 500 people getting stuff for dinner - and the person at the front of a queue of 10 people who decides 'yes, I would like to sign up for a loyalty card now, thank you'
Old Sep 21st 2011, 4:48 pm
-------------------------

paranoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing
Aye, I know what you mean. I'll let people in if they are carrying a few items to be nice. A lot of the time they decline the offer as well - but it is nice to be asked. Lord knows I never am when I have an armful of groceries and no trolley!

The worst check-out like one is Sunday in K-Mart at about 11, when they have 3 lines open but there are 500 people getting stuff for dinner - and the person at the front of a queue of 10 people who decides 'yes, I would like to sign up for a loyalty card now, thank you'
One more reason I never shop in K-Mart for groceries, I suppose.
Old Sep 21st 2011, 4:50 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

One more reason I never shop in K-Mart for groceries, I suppose.
It could happen anywhere there are loyalty cards, and customers not smart enough to sign up for them at the service desk
Old Sep 21st 2011, 4:51 pm

paranoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond reputeparanoidandroid has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tonrob
And, more to the point, you'd have to let them in before you could judge the quality of their arse. Maybe you could let them in conditionally with some sort of get-out clause.
Such as, "could you just turn around for a moment?"
Old Sep 21st 2011, 4:54 pm

It could happen anywhere there are loyalty cards, and customers not smart enough to sign up for them at the service desk
Yeah but in the local K-Mart here, they always ask you to sign up at the checkout, when they're backed up with customers. I have to admit.. I've been one of those customers in there.. well not me exactly, but I've stood there while the person I was with filled the card out, and I never felt guilty It's a good reason to never look behind you when in the checkout que.
Old Sep 21st 2011, 4:57 pm

Something else...

The "10 items or less - Speedy Checkout" desks at Walmart, are not for people that have to write cheques, or that want to get the cashier round to show them how to get cash back off their debit cards.
What effin part of "Speedy" do you not understand?
Old Sep 21st 2011, 4:57 pm
I have a comma problem

Yeah but in the local K-Mart here, they always ask you to sign up at the checkout, when they're backed up with customers. I have to admit.. I've been one of those customers in there.. well not me exactly, but I've stood there while the person I was with filled the card out, and I never felt guilty It's a good reason to never look behind you when in the checkout que.
Manuel?

I rarely go into K-Mart anymore, unless they have a good sale on. I prefer the places with self-checkouts anyway, much quicker and I like to do my own bagging.
Old Sep 21st 2011, 5:15 pm

Manuel?

I rarely go into K-Mart anymore, unless they have a good sale on. I prefer the places with self-checkouts anyway, much quicker and I like to do my own bagging.
You realise I was going to say "line"? Shows how this bloody place has affected me, when I can't even automatically say queue anymore.

I prefer them, but they seem to have done away with the self-checkouts in the Walmarts locally.. I suppose they were "losing" too much stuff. Publix never had them, but they have baggers.. of varying capability.
Old Sep 21st 2011, 5:23 pm
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Englishman43
Skateboarders - Take you little piece of wheeled wood and stick it up your arse.
Sideways.
Old Sep 21st 2011, 5:23 pm
I have a comma problem

You realise I was going to say "line"? Shows how this bloody place has affected me, when I can't even automatically say queue anymore.

I prefer them, but they seem to have done away with the self-checkouts in the Walmarts locally.. I suppose they were "losing" too much stuff. Publix never had them, but they have baggers.. of varying capability.
Do you line up in a queue, or queue up in a line?
Old Sep 21st 2011, 5:27 pm
BE Enthusiast

CAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robin1234

[ps. CAdreaming & I are performing safe irony.]
Yep!!
Old Sep 21st 2011, 5:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

hobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond repute

Something else...

The "10 items or less - Speedy Checkout" desks at Walmart, are not for people that have to write cheques, or that want to get the cashier round to show them how to get cash back off their debit cards.
What effin part of "Speedy" do you not understand?
I was behind someone at TJ Max once who walked up with a sweater and said "it has no price tag and it's the wrong size - can you find me a large and let me know the price"

What in the world makes you think you're ready to check out if you don't have the item you want and you don't know the price!?!?!??!?
Old Sep 21st 2011, 5:32 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hobbes79
I was behind someone at TJ Max once who walked up with a sweater and said "it has no price tag and it's the wrong size - can you find me a large and let me know the price"

What in the world makes you think you're ready to check out if you don't have the item you want and you don't know the price!?!?!??!?
that person is an incurable optimist
Old Sep 21st 2011, 5:43 pm

Do you line up in a queue, or queue up in a line?
Generally I just queue up, or I stand in a queue. I don't really "go stand in line", a term that's often used down here.
Why am I even answering that anyway, you're just asking to satisfy your own pedantic OCD mind that I use the correct term.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.