Peppa bloody Pig

Old Jan 6th 2008, 4:34 pm
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Peppa bloody Pig

Our recent trip to Britain has resulted in my daughter becoming addicted to two things:

1. Cheese & Onion crisps
2. Peppa Pig

My sister gave her a Peppa Pig DVD (and also the Peppa Pig playhouse) for Christmas, since a mate of my brother in law is involved in the production, and now my daughter is well and truly hooked on it. Towards the end of the holiday it was driving us all up the wall: I gaurantee that if you watch more than 5 minutes of it you'll be singing the simplistic theme song to yourself before the day is out.

Anyway, I can't seem to find a US version of the same DVD (Peppa Pig's Christmas) on Amazon etc, so I was wondering if there's any simple way of copying it via our computer and then burning a new CD that can be read by our US region DVD player. Yes this is no doubt illegal, but we're looking to do it to avoid some serious two-year old whining rather than for commercial purposes. Any ideas?
Old Jan 6th 2008, 4:56 pm
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Peppa bloody Pig

download DVD shrink works great and let's you choose pal or ntsc. If you can,t find it let me know. Another option is to hack your DVD player. Many $30 players around easily converted to dual format via the remote. Then you can buy other DVD's from the uk
Old Jan 6th 2008, 6:32 pm
Militant Ginger

Roland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond repute

Wifey and I bought a $28 DVD player from Walmart. Much to our surprise, it plays both NTSC region 1 and PAL region 2 DVDs perfectly on our 10 year old NTSC colour TV.
Old Jan 6th 2008, 6:33 pm
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Roland Hulme
Wifey and I bought a $28 DVD player from Walmart. Much to our surprise, it plays both NTSC region 1 and PAL region 2 DVDs perfectly on our 10 year old NTSC colour TV.
What make and model Roley?
Old Jan 6th 2008, 6:37 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by elfman
Our recent trip to Britain has resulted in my daughter becoming addicted to two things:

1. Cheese & Onion crisps
2. Peppa Pig

My sister gave her a Peppa Pig DVD (and also the Peppa Pig playhouse) for Christmas, since a mate of my brother in law is involved in the production, and now my daughter is well and truly hooked on it. Towards the end of the holiday it was driving us all up the wall: I gaurantee that if you watch more than 5 minutes of it you'll be singing the simplistic theme song to yourself before the day is out.

Anyway, I can't seem to find a US version of the same DVD (Peppa Pig's Christmas) on Amazon etc, so I was wondering if there's any simple way of copying it via our computer and then burning a new CD that can be read by our US region DVD player. Yes this is no doubt illegal, but we're looking to do it to avoid some serious two-year old whining rather than for commercial purposes. Any ideas?
Here's the link to DVD shrink and a place to hack your player, just enter the model number and follow the remote handset hack instructions

http://www.afterdawn.com/software/vi...dvd_shrink.cfm

http://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks?dv...&Search=Search
Old Jan 6th 2008, 7:05 pm
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lord Lionheart
Here's the link to DVD shrink and a place to hack your player, just enter the model number and follow the remote handset hack instructions

http://www.afterdawn.com/software/vi...dvd_shrink.cfm

http://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks?dv...&Search=Search
ta very much
when we originally bought our DVD player a few years ago I looked for hacks but couldn't find any - now it seems there are a few hacks available for it but they require the purchase of an additional one for all remote control etc. Am thinking that just buying a cheapo all-region dvd player may be the simplest option - so much as I loathe WalMart, I'd be interested to find out which one Roland got.
Old Jan 7th 2008, 2:20 am
Forum Regular

Twigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud ofTwigstar has much to be proud of

We got ours in K-Mart it cost $13.00 and was easily hackable oops sorry able to convert to use UK dvd's.
Old Jan 7th 2008, 2:26 am
BE Forum Addict

nethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by elfman

1. Cheese & Onion crisps
2. Peppa Pig

You'll be happy to know they are starting showing it on Noggin soon, at least they keep advertising that they are. I just hope they don't give them American accents, I love the kids voices they use.
Old Jan 7th 2008, 1:36 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

This one is an easy hack to play all region at $28.99

http://www.kmart.com/shc/s/p_10151_1...ord=dvd+player
Old Jan 21st 2008, 11:40 pm
Just Joined

ukmom will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by nethead
You'll be happy to know they are starting showing it on Noggin soon, at least they keep advertising that they are. I just hope they don't give them American accents, I love the kids voices they use.

My children are making me crazy, telling me every time they see Peppa Pig on the ads. I can't find any details on the website but I hope they are starting it soon.

I imagine it'll be American accents.
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 1:48 am
In Orange County, CA.

cybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Roland Hulme
Yeh, whats the make and model. I need one of these.....
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 2:47 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cybersecretary
Yeh, whats the make and model. I need one of these.....
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...uct_id=7789681
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 3:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nethead
I just hope they don't give them American accents, I love the kids voices they use.
I know, isn't that bad? I was so excited when we first moved over here that I actually found The Tweenies on Noggin - unfortunately it was on at 3am here....ho hum.....well one night I happened to wake up in the middle of the night and was watching tv and came across it - it was horrible!! They had given all of them American accents - barf! I wouldn't have taped it to let my daughter watch it....it just lost its appeal!
Old Jan 22nd 2008, 3:46 pm
In Orange County, CA.

cybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond reputecybersecretary has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that Ray. No because I am such a dufus over technology, will this play UK DVDs or need "adapting". I read on the blurb that it will connect to UK TVs..........