Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Penblwydd hapus Pimpbot

Penblwydd hapus Pimpbot

Old Apr 24th 2006, 2:28 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Penblwydd hapus Pimpbot

Penblwydd hapus...... Pimpbot

Sorry its a day late ......
Old Apr 24th 2006, 3:07 am
roamin in the gloamin

clydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Penblwydd hapus Pimpbot

Happy belated b'day.

Hope you had a good time in Blighty.
Old Apr 24th 2006, 5:39 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Happy belated birthday from me too.
Old Apr 24th 2006, 6:18 am
Mad bugger

peacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond reputepeacelover has a reputation beyond repute

Ditto from me too.
Old Apr 24th 2006, 8:38 am
BE Forum Addict

tony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond reputetony126 has a reputation beyond repute

Count me in also
Old Apr 24th 2006, 9:05 am
Wind, earth, fire, water

User Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond reputeUser Name has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by peacelover
Ditto from me too.
Ditto ditto
Old Apr 24th 2006, 11:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks all. I had a great time in England and fitted everything I wanted to do in the short time I was there. And while it will always be home, it will never be my home to live ever again. I've never once been homesick in the 3 years I've lived in the states, and I wondered if I'd get a little coming back to the island, but I was homesick for here! I was very pleased to see some patriotism creeping in. Lots of stores were full of St George flags, which I assume had a lot to do with it being around the 23rd, but I also thought a lot of it had to do with the upcoming World Cup. It was good to see. I also found that I was buying a lot of stuff that I wouldn't have ever bought had I still lived in the UK. Like the England shirt I bought, which I have never even thought of buying before, along with the england slippers(I know, sad wanker!).

The only downside to the trip, was sitting on the tarmac at Heathrow yesterday for over 2 hours due to a sensor fault in the cargo hold, which caused us to miss our connection in Chicago, which meant we had to spend the night there compliments of American Airlines. Then the flight this morning was struck with some kind of fault which had us sitting on the tarmac of O'Hare for more than an hour before take off. It's good to be home!
Old Apr 24th 2006, 11:26 am
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pimpbot
Thanks all. I had a great time in England and fitted everything I wanted to do in the short time I was there. And while it will always be home, it will never be my home to live ever again. I've never once been homesick in the 3 years I've lived in the states, and I wondered if I'd get a little coming back to the island, but I was homesick for here! I was very pleased to see some patriotism creeping in. Lots of stores were full of St George flags, which I assume had a lot to do with it being around the 23rd, but I also thought a lot of it had to do with the upcoming World Cup. It was good to see. I also found that I was buying a lot of stuff that I wouldn't have ever bought had I still lived in the UK. Like the England shirt I bought, which I have never even thought of buying before, along with the england slippers(I know, sad wanker!).
Nice one - so you won't be back in a hurry then ??

Did you grab any sausage rolls for me by the way ??
Old Apr 24th 2006, 11:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Pimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond reputePimpbot has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BigDavyG
Nice one - so you won't be back in a hurry then ??

Did you grab any sausage rolls for me by the way ??
I doubt I'll be going back within the next year or two, no. My mums coming out here early next year once she has retired and hopefully she'll be dragging a few others with her. My dad did say something to me as we left that kinda got me a little choked. As we were saying goodbye, he said "Hope to see you again", which wasn't what I wanted to hear. I'm sure I will, despite the fact that he won't get on a plane, but it's not something you want to think about, is it.

No sausage rolls, but I did bring back close to 500 PG tips and I also consumed plenty of sausages, pork pies and chip shop food. So I ate all the pies!
Old Apr 24th 2006, 11:38 am
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

I doubt I'll be going back within the next year or two, no. My mums coming out here early next year once she has retired and hopefully she'll be dragging a few others with her. My dad did say something to me as we left that kinda got me a little choked. As we were saying goodbye, he said "Hope to see you again", which wasn't what I wanted to hear. I'm sure I will, despite the fact that he won't get on a plane, but it's not something you want to think about, is it.

No sausage rolls, but I did bring back close to 500 PG tips and I also consumed plenty of sausages, pork pies and chip shop food. So I ate all the pies!
Sounds like you've really settled in over here (apart from the PG Tips, pork pies, sausages, etc) - fair play
Old Apr 24th 2006, 11:58 am
Blondie22

blaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond reputeblaze has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by clydegirl
Happy belated b'day.

Hope you had a good time in Blighty.

Triple ditto!
Old Apr 24th 2006, 1:41 pm
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
Penblwydd hapus...... Pimpbot

Thats it Ray you cough it up mate
Old Apr 24th 2006, 4:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute

The only downside to the trip, was sitting on the tarmac at Heathrow yesterday for over 2 hours due to a sensor fault in the cargo hold, which caused us to miss our connection in Chicago, which meant we had to spend the night there compliments of American Airlines. Then the flight this morning was struck with some kind of fault which had us sitting on the tarmac of O'Hare for more than an hour before take off. It's good to be home!
Good to see you back. Glad you had a good time. Lots of family visiting, I hope?
Reg. Frank R.