Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Parkers Fish & Chips

Parkers Fish & Chips

Old Mar 31st 2018, 2:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

dj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Parkers Fish & Chips

Originally Posted by thinbrit
Coincidentally, I just ordered two large frozen boxes of items from Parkers.
The Fish and Chips came frozen in a cardboard box. Following the instructions, they came out OK. Not exactly like in England, but closer than anything else I've had here, fresh or otherwise.
I did not like their bacon. I am very disappointed. They inject a lot of water and 'crap' in to them (almost 15% according to the label). The bacon has that horrible white slimy yuk that seeps out during cooking. Their sausage is OK, its actually all raw, whereas others are fully cooked.

I had always ordered bacon from RJ Balson and Son, but when they dropped some of my favorite banger recipes I decided to shop around. I found Parkers and stocked up on all kinds of stuff (including condiments). The quality is just not the same.

In a nutshell RJ Balson and Son is like M&S and Parkers is like Lidl.

Shipping took 4 days, yet was still perfectly frozen. They have some really good shipping freezer boxers.
Our box arrived and I tried the bacon, yup quite a lot of water and 'white gunk' pretty much like the cheapy bacon from Tesco etc, but it was better than anything else so far................I will finish this lot off and continue the hunt. At least I had a temporary respite from smoked fat!!

Last edited by dj6372; Mar 31st 2018 at 2:56 pm. Reason: Spelling