P90X

Old Oct 26th 2011, 10:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

keira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond reputekeira-2007 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: P90X

I did the first month of p90x and it was good, but there wasn't enough cardio in it for my liking. It was all push-ups, pull-ups and weight training. I think after 30 days, the muscles on my arms were more prominent but my legs didn't feel like I'd used them enough. I wore a HRM and my heart rate really wasn't elevating during the strength routines, and I'd say 75% of p90x is strength routines. There is one plyo cardio workout, one really lightweight cardio workout and then a kickboxing one which is okay but not really "cardio cardio" as I see it. I know you can adapt it to incorporate more cardio and less strength, but I personally prefer workouts that get the heart rate up, and most of these didn't feel like they did that...

So I purchased Insanity... Now THAT gets your heart rate up! I finished that, but I really didn't lose any weight. This time the muscles in my legs got huge, but my arms didn't. I really couldn't find the happy medium.

These days I just pick an Insanity DVD when I feel like I need a good cardio sweat, and a p90x DVD when I feel the need to strength train and mix and match. It works for me.

P90x is worth it, though, if you like the strength stuff. And I really like Tony Horton. I can see how some might find him annoying, but I think he's hilarious.
Old Oct 27th 2011, 2:13 am
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute

ive been doing the jillian micheals 30 day shred dvd. Its a daily thing to with just 20 mins of exercise. kills you ate first but you get better at it quickly and it has 3 levels of complexity. I did it for 40 days (spread across 60 elapsed days) and then switched to the ripped in 30 dvd from the same woman for a bit of variety.

Whilst i have not lost a huge amount of weght i sincerely believe thats because ive exchanged a lot of fat for muscle. I have lost inch on both thighs, and one inch on each of waist hips and chest. I feel a lot trimmer all round too. Clothes are a lot loooser Sure I still have a lot of flab to still get rid of - but im a LOT fitter than i was before and for 20 mins a day you can actually get it done without too much difficulty (i could just not committ to 90 mins a day with a full time job and 3 young kids).
Old Oct 28th 2011, 6:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MsElui
ive been doing the jillian micheals 30 day shred dvd. Its a daily thing to with just 20 mins of exercise. kills you ate first but you get better at it quickly and it has 3 levels of complexity. I did it for 40 days (spread across 60 elapsed days) and then switched to the ripped in 30 dvd from the same woman for a bit of variety.

Whilst i have not lost a huge amount of weght i sincerely believe thats because ive exchanged a lot of fat for muscle. I have lost inch on both thighs, and one inch on each of waist hips and chest. I feel a lot trimmer all round too. Clothes are a lot loooser Sure I still have a lot of flab to still get rid of - but im a LOT fitter than i was before and for 20 mins a day you can actually get it done without too much difficulty (i could just not committ to 90 mins a day with a full time job and 3 young kids).

We are soooooooooooooo alike!!

Are you on myfitnesspal? You'll find me there under my real name
Old Oct 28th 2011, 12:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Egg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud ofEgg and Cress has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by HarryTheSpider
I think I was 40 once.... didn't train for it, did OK
I failed miserably!
Old Dec 25th 2011, 9:06 pm
Democracy advocate

Cape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Octang Frye
I took a hiatus (parents visited for a month) and prior to that I injured my thumb. So I'm starting another iteration tomorrow.
How did the next iteration go?