Wikiposts

P90X

Old Jun 27th 2011, 8:31 am
Peace onion

Octang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond repute
Default P90X

Have any of you guys done this? What were your results?
I'm starting tomorrow... Gulp.
Old Jun 27th 2011, 8:40 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: P90X

Oh gawd another one of those 'a $600 value for 3 monthly payments
of $39.95'. Yeah right...they just love to give stuff away.
Old Jun 27th 2011, 8:53 am
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

This thing was invented by Tim Horton? I'd rather have the donuts anyday.
Old Jun 27th 2011, 9:27 am
BE Forum Addict

GeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond reputeGeoffM has a reputation beyond repute

Does it come with a free penis enlargement program? Not that I'm interested, of course.
Old Jun 27th 2011, 9:30 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GeoffM
Does it come with a free penis enlargement program? Not that I'm interested, of course.
You're obviously asking on behalf of a 'friend'.
Old Jun 27th 2011, 9:38 am
Peace onion

Octang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Oh gawd another one of those 'a $600 value for 3 monthly payments
of $39.95'. Yeah right...they just love to give stuff away.
Yeah, I know, I know. I didn't get mine from the infomercial.

This actually isn't anything miraculous - it's bloody hard work, that's all.
It's not some magical gadget that's going to melt away fat. It's a yoga mat, pull up bar, and some dumb bells. So I already have the equipment.

No, it's 90 days of not eating processed foods, refined sugar, soda, alcohol (gasp!) - junk, basically. There are twelve workout DVDs, and things get mixed up all time (chest and back, yoga, plyometrics etc.) It uses muscle confusion, similar to what happens when you do wind sprints/High intensity interval training.

I think the biggest challenge for me is going to be the nutrition plan.
Learning how to cook healthy and tasty meals, and in what proportions.
You can do all the exercises at home.

I'm not trying to sell anyone on this. Just wondered if anyone here has any experience with it. There's no secrets. You can find all the material online.
The reason I'm doing it is because I'll be 40 in two years, and I want to stop being a blobber.

I was motivated to give this a go because a guy who used to work in our office used to look like Jabba the Hutt. He left 9 months ago, and he came back in to our office last month for a contract thing. Anyway, he looks amazing. He lost 50lbs. I asked him what he did and so here I am, preparing to go down this journey.
Old Jun 27th 2011, 10:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

The only exercise program that works is the one you do.

I have a room full of unused bits and bobs the wife keeps buying and uses once before never using again. Trampolines, treadmills, dumb bells, rubber bands, dvds, mats, ballet bars...
Old Jun 27th 2011, 10:53 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

I know a few folks who used to do it....one got really fit, lost weight and it knackered his knee and after recovering went and put the weight back on.

Some bird had lost quite a bit of weight, but didn't tone up, some FB photo's you wish you could basically unsee as she looks like a wrinkly old sock.

And the third person just gave up after a couple of months, not so much with the work out, but the diet.
Old Jun 27th 2011, 1:50 pm
Forum Regular

Extreme is a name known to allExtreme is a name known to allExtreme is a name known to allExtreme is a name known to allExtreme is a name known to allExtreme is a name known to allExtreme is a name known to allExtreme is a name known to allExtreme is a name known to allExtreme is a name known to allExtreme is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Octang Frye
My wife used it after being inspired by her sister in law. Both have achieved great results! From what I can tell it's great all around work out that can be done from home. If you stick to it I'm positive you'll reach your goal!
Old Jun 27th 2011, 2:14 pm
Senior Moment

Sarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond repute

My mate has done it. She's amazing though, the kinda girl that comes home from work and goes for a 7 mile run for fun. She'd get up to do it at 5am everyday before work. You've gotta be dedicated. I believe there's also a diet plan involved which I'm certain she stuck to, to the letter. She did before and after shots and you can certainly see the difference, especially in her midsection. Everything just looks tighter and pulled in. I think if you're going to do it, go for it!
Old Jun 27th 2011, 2:23 pm
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sir_eccles

I have a room full of unused bits and bobs the wife keeps buying and uses once before never using again. Trampolines, treadmills, dumb bells, rubber bands, dvds, mats, ballet bars...
He's talking about an exercise regime, not sex toys!
Old Jun 27th 2011, 2:46 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbj1000
He's talking about an exercise regime, not sex toys!
They get used more than once though
Old Jun 27th 2011, 2:51 pm
Pedantic Moron

Michelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond reputeMichelmas has a reputation beyond repute

Done it, twice. You need to stick to the eating plan to get the full results, but you'll still see results even if you "cheat" a little with the food.

If you haven't done or currently do much exercise before starting this, you're going to struggle. The yoga alone is an hour and a half of intense strength work.

Good luck.
Old Jun 27th 2011, 6:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sir_eccles

And I presume getting rid of them is out of the question ...
Old Jun 28th 2011, 1:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Octang Frye
If you're quite heavy already, or not fit, you might want to start out on the Power 90 program (if they still sell it, or just download it) or the Body-for-life (buy the book second hand from Amazon and join a gym.)

I've done P90x - it's as good as any other program. If you stick to the program you will lose weight. Mind you - diet + exercise will make 90% of people lose weight; you could do Flirty Girl Fitness if you wanted.

IMO Body-for-Life is still the best unless you're already fit and you eat right. After reading that book you will wake at 5am to workout; I went from being pretty sedentary to running 10k 3-4 times per week through that program.

Last edited by anotherlimey; Jun 28th 2011 at 2:05 am.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.