British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Trailer Park (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/)
-   -   Our JSmith 321 is moving from Vancouver (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/our-jsmith-321-moving-vancouver-933190/)

Rete Jun 13th 2020 6:07 pm

Our JSmith 321 is moving from Vancouver

I'm taking this upon myself to pass the word on the USA forums that our daily poster, JSmith321, and his lovely wife, Lisa, have found a rent affordable apartment. Neither JSmith nor his wife have asked me to, it was my own wish to include our US posters in this campaign.

With COVID-19 and their disabilities, funds are extremely tight to help defray the moving expenses. The response from our generous BE members has been overwhelming. TYIA for your help.

If you can to help, please see their GoFundMe page:
https://www.gofundme.com/f/moving-to...=copy_link-tip

Lion in Winter Jun 13th 2020 6:10 pm

Re: Our JSmith 321 is moving from Vancouver

Originally Posted by Rete (Post 12866425)
I'm taking this upon myself to pass the word on the USA forums that our daily poster, JSmith 321, and his love wife, Lisa, have found a rent affordable apartment. Neither JSmith nor his wife have asked me to, it was my own wish to include our US posters in this campaign.

With COVID-19 and their disabilities, funds are extremely tight to help defray the moving expenses. The response from our generous BE members has been overwhelming. TYIA for your help.

Nice move Rete. They are taking a big step to help themselves here and make a better future. Let's help make it possible and get them a little cushion if we can, to fix their car, get some proper food supplies in, etc. Every bit helps.

Nutmegger Jun 13th 2020 9:22 pm

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter (Post 12866427)
Nice move Rete. They are taking a big step to help themselves here and make a better future. Let's help make it possible and get them a little cushion if we can, to fix their car, get some proper food supplies in, etc. Every bit helps.

Yes, a big "well done" to them both for how hard they work to improve their own lot. I love the way they support each other. The BE folks are cheering them on as they make this important move.

BEVS Jun 13th 2020 10:43 pm

Originally Posted by Nutmegger (Post 12866504)
Yes, a big "well done" to them both for how hard they work to improve their own lot. I love the way they support each other. The BE folks are cheering them on as they make this important move.

They are being very brave with this and I 100% hope this works out for them both. It is the right thing for them to do so it is wonderful to help make it happen. We all need a little support somehow sometimes.

Lion in Winter Jun 14th 2020 12:05 am

Originally Posted by BEVS (Post 12866543)
They are being very brave with this and I 100% hope this works out for them both. It is the right thing for them to do so it is wonderful to help make it happen. We all need a little support somehow sometimes.

And it has gone up again. :)

spouse of scouse Jun 14th 2020 1:32 am

:thumbsup: I don't think it's possible to overestimate how much this move will improve Jsmith's and his wife's future. They've been doing it so hard, for so long. I hope anyone who is able to help out will, the amount doesn't matter, it all accumulates and goes towards helping J and L to meet the cost of essentials.

Lion in Winter Jun 14th 2020 6:02 pm

We are now over $3k :)

scrubbedexpat091 Jun 14th 2020 9:44 pm

Thank you everyone for your help, we really appreciate it.

RICH Jun 14th 2020 10:33 pm

Originally Posted by Jsmth321 (Post 12866963)

I noticed that $20 cad was only $16 USD with 10% tip to gfm, so I added a bit more.

Derrygal Jun 14th 2020 10:57 pm

You are very welcome! All the best to you and your wife for your move!

Nutmegger Jun 14th 2020 11:19 pm

Originally Posted by RICH (Post 12866981)
I noticed that $20 cad was only $16 USD with 10% tip to gfm, so I added a bit more.

Thanks for pointing that out — I was oblivious!

Lion in Winter Jun 15th 2020 12:38 pm

Full steam ahead for your new life.

You have BE behind you - what more could anyone ask for but a very large, highly dysfunctional family like us, probably full of dodgy characters and relatives with a dubious grip on sanity :)

CanadaJimmy Jun 19th 2020 6:29 pm

Good luck on the move! Vancouver is pretty brutal for it's cost of living, so that is wonderful you were able to find more support and opportunities in Kelowna. I hope you can build a great life for yourselves there, you deserve it.

scrubbedexpat091 Jun 19th 2020 6:35 pm

Originally Posted by CanadaJimmy (Post 12869383)
Good luck on the move! Vancouver is pretty brutal for it's cost of living, so that is wonderful you were able to find more support and opportunities in Kelowna. I hope you can build a great life for yourselves there, you deserve it.

Thanks.

Yes Vancouver is quite brutal these days, and the suburbs are not much better anymore. Best to just leave the lower mainland altogether, Kelowna is a good mix, some of the lowest rental rates in the province, not far north, and reasonably close to Vancouver still/US border and not tiny, but not huge but offers pretty much one needs for their daily needs.

I mean we could afford Chilliwack, but really Kelowna is better than Chilliwack... and Chilliwack is getting more expensive so you get a lower quality rental in Chilliwack, and well Chilliwack has some issues....Never again will I reside in that weird little city. :rofl:

I will miss the nearly perfect tap water Vancouver offers though, not that Kelowna is bad, but its not of the same level as Vancouver.

RICH Jul 2nd 2020 7:16 am

Originally Posted by Rete (Post 12866425)
I'm taking this upon myself to pass the word on the USA forums that our daily poster, JSmith321, and his lovely wife, Lisa, have found a rent affordable apartment. Neither JSmith nor his wife have asked me to, it was my own wish to include our US posters in this campaign.

this went a bit quiet. Time to refresh. Plenty more noble members out there.