Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Our JSmith 321 is moving from Vancouver

Our JSmith 321 is moving from Vancouver

Old Jun 13th 2020, 6:07 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Our JSmith 321 is moving from Vancouver

I'm taking this upon myself to pass the word on the USA forums that our daily poster, JSmith321, and his lovely wife, Lisa, have found a rent affordable apartment. Neither JSmith nor his wife have asked me to, it was my own wish to include our US posters in this campaign.

With COVID-19 and their disabilities, funds are extremely tight to help defray the moving expenses. The response from our generous BE members has been overwhelming. TYIA for your help.

If you can to help, please see their GoFundMe page:
https://www.gofundme.com/f/moving-to...=copy_link-tip

Last edited by Rete; Jun 13th 2020 at 8:02 pm.
Old Jun 13th 2020, 6:10 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Our JSmith 321 is moving from Vancouver

Originally Posted by Rete
I'm taking this upon myself to pass the word on the USA forums that our daily poster, JSmith 321, and his love wife, Lisa, have found a rent affordable apartment. Neither JSmith nor his wife have asked me to, it was my own wish to include our US posters in this campaign.

With COVID-19 and their disabilities, funds are extremely tight to help defray the moving expenses. The response from our generous BE members has been overwhelming. TYIA for your help.

Nice move Rete. They are taking a big step to help themselves here and make a better future. Let's help make it possible and get them a little cushion if we can, to fix their car, get some proper food supplies in, etc. Every bit helps.

Last edited by Lion in Winter; Jun 13th 2020 at 6:12 pm.
Old Jun 13th 2020, 9:22 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
Nice move Rete. They are taking a big step to help themselves here and make a better future. Let's help make it possible and get them a little cushion if we can, to fix their car, get some proper food supplies in, etc. Every bit helps.
Yes, a big "well done" to them both for how hard they work to improve their own lot. I love the way they support each other. The BE folks are cheering them on as they make this important move.
Old Jun 13th 2020, 10:43 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Nutmegger
Yes, a big "well done" to them both for how hard they work to improve their own lot. I love the way they support each other. The BE folks are cheering them on as they make this important move.
They are being very brave with this and I 100% hope this works out for them both. It is the right thing for them to do so it is wonderful to help make it happen. We all need a little support somehow sometimes.
Old Jun 14th 2020, 12:05 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
They are being very brave with this and I 100% hope this works out for them both. It is the right thing for them to do so it is wonderful to help make it happen. We all need a little support somehow sometimes.
And it has gone up again.

Old Jun 14th 2020, 1:32 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think it's possible to overestimate how much this move will improve Jsmith's and his wife's future. They've been doing it so hard, for so long. I hope anyone who is able to help out will, the amount doesn't matter, it all accumulates and goes towards helping J and L to meet the cost of essentials.
Old Jun 14th 2020, 6:02 pm

We are now over $3k
Old Jun 14th 2020, 9:44 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you everyone for your help, we really appreciate it.

Old Jun 14th 2020, 10:33 pm
BE Irregular

RICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
I noticed that $20 cad was only $16 USD with 10% tip to gfm, so I added a bit more.
Old Jun 14th 2020, 10:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Derrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond repute

You are very welcome! All the best to you and your wife for your move!
Old Jun 14th 2020, 11:19 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by RICH
I noticed that $20 cad was only $16 USD with 10% tip to gfm, so I added a bit more.
Thanks for pointing that out — I was oblivious!
Old Jun 15th 2020, 12:38 pm

Full steam ahead for your new life.

You have BE behind you - what more could anyone ask for but a very large, highly dysfunctional family like us, probably full of dodgy characters and relatives with a dubious grip on sanity
Old Jun 19th 2020, 6:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

CanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond reputeCanadaJimmy has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck on the move! Vancouver is pretty brutal for it's cost of living, so that is wonderful you were able to find more support and opportunities in Kelowna. I hope you can build a great life for yourselves there, you deserve it.
Old Jun 19th 2020, 6:35 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CanadaJimmy
Good luck on the move! Vancouver is pretty brutal for it's cost of living, so that is wonderful you were able to find more support and opportunities in Kelowna. I hope you can build a great life for yourselves there, you deserve it.
Thanks.

Yes Vancouver is quite brutal these days, and the suburbs are not much better anymore. Best to just leave the lower mainland altogether, Kelowna is a good mix, some of the lowest rental rates in the province, not far north, and reasonably close to Vancouver still/US border and not tiny, but not huge but offers pretty much one needs for their daily needs.

I mean we could afford Chilliwack, but really Kelowna is better than Chilliwack... and Chilliwack is getting more expensive so you get a lower quality rental in Chilliwack, and well Chilliwack has some issues....Never again will I reside in that weird little city.

I will miss the nearly perfect tap water Vancouver offers though, not that Kelowna is bad, but its not of the same level as Vancouver.
Old Jul 2nd 2020, 7:16 am
BE Irregular

RICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
I'm taking this upon myself to pass the word on the USA forums that our daily poster, JSmith321, and his lovely wife, Lisa, have found a rent affordable apartment. Neither JSmith nor his wife have asked me to, it was my own wish to include our US posters in this campaign.

this went a bit quiet. Time to refresh. Plenty more noble members out there.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.