Reload this Page >

OT - Question for the Ladies...and perhaps the men too

OT - Question for the Ladies...and perhaps the men too

Old Jul 10th 2002, 1:20 pm
janesays

Default OT - Question for the Ladies...and perhaps the men too

This is wildly off topic but I thought some of you might be able to give me
some input.

I want to give my bride to be a gift on our wedding day, but am unable to think of
anything suitable, Joanne isn't really a jewellery kind of girl and neither of us are
into ornament type things, you know, the two wee birds sitting on a stick kind of
thing, cheesy and hackneyed, and that is the 2 things I can think off, maybe
something unusual yet still nice and something to keep.

does anyone have any ideas??

thanks

Alan.

Morkai Kurst

Default Re: OT - Question for the Ladies...and perhaps the men too

Does she have any unusual interests?

My partner loves weapons. So I'm buying him a Naginata which is an ancient japanese
spear for his wedding gift. It'll go with the forged tanto I got him for valantines
day and the Katana for christmas

Certainly unusual and something he'll have a fit over when he see's it.

I know I'd be equally thrillled with something like that - but then I'd be equally
thrilled with something for my kitchen, cause I love cooking. I personally don't
consider getting a new set of frying pans boring and predictable. But thats me, and I
always was one of the odd ones *grin*

Morkai

<[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > This is wildly off topic but I thought some of you might be able to give
me
    > some input.
    >
    > I want to give my bride to be a gift on our wedding day, but am unable to think of
    > anything suitable, Joanne isn't really a jewellery kind of girl
and
    > neither of us are into ornament type things, you know, the two wee birds sitting on
    > a stick kind of thing, cheesy and hackneyed, and that is the 2 things I can think
    > off, maybe something unusual yet still nice and
something
    > to keep.
    >
    > does anyone have any ideas??
    >
    > thanks
    >
    > Alan.

Betastar

I like the idea of something that suits a hobby or interest of hers. The other big
winner might be something that's a family heirloom if you've got such a thing. I gave
Reinhard my father's watch. He rarely wears it (we're afraid of him breaking or
losing it!) but he still treasures it.

On Wed, 10 Jul 2002 11:54:12 +0000 (UTC), <[email protected]> wrote:

>This is wildly off topic but I thought some of you might be able to give me
    >some input.
    >
    >I want to give my bride to be a gift on our wedding day, but am unable to think of
    >anything suitable, Joanne isn't really a jewellery kind of girl and neither of us
    >are into ornament type things, you know, the two wee birds sitting on a stick kind
    >of thing, cheesy and hackneyed, and that is the 2 things I can think off, maybe
    >something unusual yet still nice and something to keep.
    >
    >does anyone have any ideas??
    >
    >thanks
    >
    >Alan.

Old Jul 10th 2002, 2:47 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Perhaps a book of love poems/sonnets. Or then again, a lovely piece of artwork such as a painting done by someone in your area. A scene perhaps reminsicent of a place you two loved to visit or hope to visit in the future.

If you are creative and have photographs, a collage of those photos as a memento of your courting days.
Old Jul 11th 2002, 3:20 am
Skits O'Phrenni

news:[email protected]...

Take a long drive in the country, just be together. Have dinner at a nice place, tell
her you love her. Skits

TESTTESTTEST--== Posted via Newsfeed.Com - Uncensored Usenet News ==TESTTESTTEST-

TEST--= Over 100,000 Newsgroups - Unlimited Fast Downloads - 19 Servers =TEST--

Old Jul 11th 2002, 12:20 pm
Diane

My gift to my husband on our wedding day recently was that just after we were
pronounced man and wife in our garden wedding we sat before them and I sang him one
of our favorite love songs it totally blew him away not to mention our guests as no
one but a very few knew it was coming.

news:<[email protected]>...
    > This is wildly off topic but I thought some of you might be able to give me
    > some input.
    >
    > I want to give my bride to be a gift on our wedding day, but am unable to think of
    > anything suitable, Joanne isn't really a jewellery kind of girl and neither of us
    > are into ornament type things, you know, the two wee birds sitting on a stick kind
    > of thing, cheesy and hackneyed, and that is the 2 things I can think off, maybe
    > something unusual yet still nice and something to keep.
    >
    >
    > thanks
    >
    > Alan.

Old Jul 11th 2002, 4:01 pm
Dave And Emily

Rete wrote news:[email protected]:

> a lovely piece of artwork such as a painting done by someone in your area.

That's a good idea, Rita...except here, where the 'someone in your area' would be
Thomas Kincaid...*shudders*

Dave.

Old Jul 12th 2002, 6:20 am
janesays

Thanks for all the input, it has given me plenty of ideas!

Alan

Old Jul 12th 2002, 4:19 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Dave And Emily
Rete wrote news:[email protected]:

<i><font size=-2 color=darkgreen>> a lovely piece of artwork such as a painting done by someone in your area.</font></i>

That's a good idea, Rita...except here, where the 'someone in your area' would be
Thomas Kincaid...*shudders*

Dave.
I'm shuddering along with you. Thankfully there are many native artists who don't think artwork requires "gimmicks" to make them sell.

I work around the corner from the MOMA and the street vendors here are artists and some of their offerings are simply breathtaking.

Rete