Reload this Page >

OT -- memory of a friend

OT -- memory of a friend

Old Dec 4th 2006, 6:52 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point
Default OT -- memory of a friend

Hi:

I just received the sad news that a long time friend and member of my personal "brain trust" passed away last night after a long illness.

Monica was one of the best "immigration lawyers" I have ever met who was never admitted to the bar. She was long employed as a paralegal with good firms -- the last job of 12 years based upon my recommendation -- and her boss thanked me repeatedly for referring him such a good teacher.

When the 1996 laws gave almost unlimited power to border inspectors I told Monica that Congress had given them "Gestapo like powers." Monica objected -- my charactarization was an insult to the Gestapo. Unlike border inspectors, the Gestapo followed the rules, "or else." Of course, the rules followed by the Gestapo was despiciable, but they did follow them.
Old Dec 4th 2006, 7:14 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OT -- memory of a friend

I'm sorry for your loss, Mr. Folinsky. May memories of her bring you peace.

~Rene
Old Dec 4th 2006, 11:34 pm
Mummy and baby 1982

Maggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Mr f

I'm sorry for the passing of your good friend. I dread the day that any of my friends would pass away.

Maggie
Old Dec 5th 2006, 12:43 am
Account Closed

kingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura aboutkingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura aboutkingfisher241049 has a spectacular aura about
Post Re: OT -- memory of a friend

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

I just received the sad news that a long time friend and member of my personal "brain trust" passed away last night after a long illness.

Monica was one of the best "immigration lawyers" I have ever met who was never admitted to the bar. She was long employed as a paralegal with good firms -- the last job of 12 years based upon my recommendation -- and her boss thanked me repeatedly for referring him such a good teacher.

When the 1996 laws gave almost unlimited power to border inspectors I told Monica that Congress had given them "Gestapo like powers." Monica objected -- my charactarization was an insult to the Gestapo. Unlike border inspectors, the Gestapo followed the rules, "or else." Of course, the rules followed by the Gestapo was despiciable, but they did follow them.
Sorry to hear of your loss. Take Care, and thanks for the help you give people on these fora.
Old Dec 5th 2006, 12:50 am
Lansbury

I am sorry for your loss, and for the loss of someone who was very good at her
job and I am sure a great asset to those whom she helped.

--
Lansbury
www.uk-air.net
FAQs for the alt.travel.uk.air newsgroup

Old Dec 5th 2006, 1:25 am

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

I am so sorry to hear your sad news, I am sure it was a privilege to of been a friend to such a wonderful person.
I think she would probably have said the same back at you.

Poppy
Old Dec 5th 2006, 3:08 pm
Forum Regular

lovenlife is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Lansbury
I am sorry for your loss, and for the loss of someone who was very good at her
job and I am sure a great asset to those whom she helped.

--
Lansbury
www.uk-air.net
FAQs for the alt.travel.uk.air newsgroup

X2 sorry to hear of your loss, my she rest in peace.