Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

OT: I'll Never Say Goodbye Just So Long For Now

OT: I'll Never Say Goodbye Just So Long For Now

Old Jul 8th 2003, 11:12 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default OT: I'll Never Say Goodbye Just So Long For Now

The moment has come a little sooner than I anticipated but I suppose now is as good a time as any to take my leave of participating on a daily basis on the alt.visa.us.marriage-based forum. I will continue to hold the position of Moderator and will be checking in periodically. The correct URL's are posted and a kind NG member has said they will be the forum's official nagger.

To clarify my response to Mr. Udall in the Nisi Decree post, I am scheduled to enter the hospital tomorrow morning. I've not been well for the last few weeks and tomorrow they will once again invade my body and try to put things right. Between the doctors and myself, we will work to make me well again and whole again so that I can enjoy the richness of my life and the wonderful things that are happening for my children and stepchild this year.

My oldest met a wonderful man on a plane trip to Brazil last year and they have been long distance dating since last June. Thankfully, he is a US citizen and lives in Mississippi so it is only a matter of going from Florida to Mississippi for visits. They just got engaged and are planning the nuptials. My youngest is an artist and in two weeks will have her first public showing of her artwork at a convention in Philadelphia. As you already know, my stepson is getting married in August and I will attend that wedding in Halifax come hell or high water, if only to see our grandson as ring bearer in his tuxedo.

It has been quite an experience these last five odd years. I have made many good friends, and some good enemies, here but regardless of their status in my life, I value their contribution to the fabric of my life.

If I were to give any of you advice, it would be that life is not fair but it is an adventure and one to be savored for all it is worth. Take the disappointments and tribulations and turn them to your advantage. Don't moan the loss of time in your separations but live your life as if it were your last day by loving, giving and accepting all of life.

Godspeed to you all on your journey. I'll be watching and posting from time to time, especially Jim's timeline for naturalization. God Bless.

Rete
Old Jul 8th 2003, 11:36 pm
Forum Regular

esandstr is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: OT: I'll Never Say Goodbye Just So Long For Now

Originally posted by Rete
The moment has come a little sooner than I anticipated but I suppose now is as good a time as any to take my leave of participating on a daily basis on the alt.visa.us.marriage-based forum. I will continue to hold the position of Moderator and will be checking in periodically. The correct URL's are posted and a kind NG member has said they will be the forum's official nagger.
Godspeed to you all on your journey. I'll be watching and posting from time to time, especially Jim's timeline for naturalization. God Bless.

Rete

Best wishes to you, Rete, and a thousand thanks for your kind help by sharing your insight with us. What is for many a difficult and complex process has been made a lot easier through your support and knowledge. You have helped a lot of people, and we are forever thankful.

Eiolf
Old Jul 8th 2003, 11:42 pm
Forum Regular

mikkitango is an unknown quantity at this point

Rete, I truly wish you all the best and hope you are well again soon! Your posts here have given good advice and I've always made sure to read them. You do know how to call a spade a spade and sometimes that's exactly what is needed to cut through the BS! Be well!

Mikki
Old Jul 8th 2003, 11:57 pm
Banned

Matthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond reputeMatthew Udall has a reputation beyond repute

I am scheduled to enter the hospital tomorrow morning. I've not been well for the last few weeks and tomorrow they will once again invade my body and try to put things right. Between the doctors and myself, we will work to make me well again and whole again so that I can enjoy the richness of my life and the wonderful things that are happening for my children and stepchild this year.
It sounds like you have a lot of nice things that make life worth living, and I hope for the best for you. Get well soon.
Old Jul 9th 2003, 12:17 am
BE Enthusiast

abba48uk is an unknown quantity at this point

Get well soon and thanks for everything you have done fora great number of people over the years. Sometimes all that is required is a reassuring voice to help us over the paranoia from which we all suffered from time to time. I can honestly say that, at no time have I detected the slightest hint of self importance or grandstanding in your many posts. My hackles have risen at the tone of some other's posts.......but never yours.

Thanks from
Andy & Julie
Old Jul 9th 2003, 1:01 am
Forum Regular

desusa is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you for your endless assistance and advice on this newsgroup. Your regular postings will be missed but we'll look forward to your return soon.

I will say a prayer for you for a successful operation and good health. You have wonderful spirit and this will certainly assist in your recovery.

Thank you and best wishes,

Susan
Old Jul 9th 2003, 1:13 am
BE Enthusiast

anggraeni is just really niceanggraeni is just really niceanggraeni is just really niceanggraeni is just really niceanggraeni is just really niceanggraeni is just really niceanggraeni is just really niceanggraeni is just really nice

I miss you already.....

anggraeni
Old Jul 9th 2003, 1:22 am
Forum Regular

lucymoody is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Rete, for making what seemed an impossibly difficult process that much easier. My thoughts are with you, and I hope you'll be back on your feet soon to enjoy all that is coming your way.
Old Jul 9th 2003, 1:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Scout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond reputeScout has a reputation beyond repute

Rete, I wish you a speedy recovery. Thanks for taking the time to help us through this twisted maze they call immigration. Your help has indeed been a godsend. Please do come back when you are able.

Cheers,

Leslie
Old Jul 9th 2003, 1:32 am
Whimsical in the brainpan

Elenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of lightElenfair is a glorious beacon of light

Well, as you found out, all the bestest (!) people in the world come from Ottawa... so you're in good company and good hands.

Get well soon.
Old Jul 9th 2003, 1:41 am
Forum Regular

Waterpony has a brilliant futureWaterpony has a brilliant futureWaterpony has a brilliant futureWaterpony has a brilliant futureWaterpony has a brilliant futureWaterpony has a brilliant futureWaterpony has a brilliant future

Thank you so much for all the years you've spent helping people. I truly wish you speedy recovery and all the best. Come back soon!
Old Jul 9th 2003, 1:41 am
Forum Regular

ChiMiigwech is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for everything. I'll miss you....

Wish you all the best,
Yanne
Old Jul 9th 2003, 1:54 am
Howling at the Moon

lairdside will become famous soon enoughlairdside will become famous soon enough

To clarify my response to Mr. Udall in the Nisi Decree post, I am scheduled to enter the hospital tomorrow morning. I've not been well for the last few weeks and tomorrow they will once again invade my body and try to put things right. Between the doctors and myself, we will work to make me well again and whole again so that I can enjoy the richness of my life and the wonderful things that are happening for my children and stepchild this year.

My oldest met a wonderful man on a plane trip to Brazil last year and they have been long distance dating since last June. Thankfully, he is a US citizen and lives in Mississippi so it is only a matter of going from Florida to Mississippi for visits. They just got engaged and are planning the nuptials. My youngest is an artist and in two weeks will have her first public showing of her artwork at a convention in Philadelphia. As you already know, my stepson is getting married in August and I will attend that wedding in Halifax come hell or high water, if only to see our grandson as ring bearer in his tuxedo.

It has been quite an experience these last five odd years. I have made many good friends, and some good enemies, here but regardless of their status in my life, I value their contribution to the fabric of my life.

If I were to give any of you advice, it would be that life is not fair but it is an adventure and one to be savored for all it is worth. Take the disappointments and tribulations and turn them to your advantage. Don't moan the loss of time in your separations but live your life as if it were your last day by loving, giving and accepting all of life.

Rete
May the goodness and help that you have selflessly imparted to others be returned to you and your loved ones in your time of need.

Best wishes and may all go well.

Victoria.
Old Jul 9th 2003, 2:09 am
Banned

Ranjini will become famous soon enough

<snip>

Rete

Good luck, Rete. Sending wishes for a speedy recovery you way from Ken and I. You have been a wonderful friend. Please keep us updated with what goes on as far as your health.
God Bless... Ranjini
Old Jul 9th 2003, 2:11 am
Here we go Pittsburgh!

ukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond repute

Rete
Best of luck with the operation Rete. It's been fun and informative reading your posts (and a teensy bit aggravating too now and again, but then you already knew that ) since I first found this forum in mid 2002.

Sam.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.