Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

OT: Happy Thanksgiving Tomorrow

OT: Happy Thanksgiving Tomorrow

Old Nov 25th 2009, 7:44 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default OT: Happy Thanksgiving Tomorrow

Wishing you all a Happy Thanksgiving tomorrow. For those that won't be with your loved one tomorrow, remember this time next year you will be sharing the first of a lifetime of Thanksgiving Holidays together.

Be thankful you found love that's shared and good friends.

Happy Turkey Day.
Old Nov 25th 2009, 9:57 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OT: Happy Thanksgiving Tomorrow

Originally Posted by Rete
Wishing you all a Happy Thanksgiving tomorrow.
Thank you Rete! A very Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Be thankful you found love that's shared and good friends.
We are thankful this year! We just found out yesterday that our daughter and son-in-law have been approved for adoption and they hope to have a son or daughter in the near future. It's been so heartbreaking for them these past 6 or 7 years as they've tried everything under the sun to have a child of their own... but it just isn't going to happen. They are such wonderful people - we know this will bring much joy and happiness into their lives. Yes... we are thankful this year!

Ian
Old Nov 25th 2009, 10:05 pm
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute

HAPPY THANKSGIVING, EVERYONE!!!

I can hardly believe it, but it was 7 years ago that I started my very first Thanksgiving thread (although Rete beat me to it this year!). It's so amazing to go back and read it now. It was surprisingly resurrected for a couple of years after I first posted it, but was then closed down in 2005 so that was that. Still, I like to link back to it because they're such good memories -- if only to read the "Twas the Night of Thanksgiving" poem. So much has changed -- for one thing, we had only just started the K-1 visa process back in November 2002, and now Mark's a US citizen.

This year we're doing our own Thanksgiving at home, just us. We like it that way because it reduces stress and we can do things at our own pace. Also, we've developed some of our own Thanksgiving food traditions -- dishes that Mark came across a few years ago that we've now incorporated into our Thanksgiving, such as Brussels Sprouts with Walnut Bacon Butter, and Carmelised Carrots & Onions. We've got a bunch of DVDs to watch and it will be a wonderfully relaxing day.

Mark has today and tomorrow off but will be back at work the next day for Black Friday. Luckily for him, Barnes & Noble doesn't get into the massive sales thing for Black Friday, but I'm sure the store will be busy nonetheless. I used to feel sorry for him having to work on busy weekends like this one, but now I'm just thankful that he has a job. I work at a university that's closed for Wed-Fri for Thanksgiving, plus I took off Mon-Tues as vacation days, so I got 9 days off in total.

Even though we're done with US immigration after dealing with it for so many years, I'm happy to still feel like I'm part of the "BE family" and consider many of you my friends, despite never having met any of you in person. We have been through a lot together and, for many of us, share a unique experience to which the rest of our "real" family and friends cannot relate. I wish all of you a lovely Thanksgiving, be safe and have lots of fun!

~ Jenney
Old Nov 25th 2009, 10:30 pm
Are we there yet?

Trixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond reputeTrixie_b has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm

We are thankful this year! We just found out yesterday that our daughter and son-in-law have been approved for adoption and they hope to have a son or daughter in the near future. It's been so heartbreaking for them these past 6 or 7 years as they've tried everything under the sun to have a child of their own... but it just isn't going to happen. They are such wonderful people - we know this will bring much joy and happiness into their lives. Yes... we are thankful this year!

Ian
I tried to Karma you to say congrats for your daugter and son in law on this great news, and for saying such nice things about them, but the site wouldn't let me.... It's the thought that counts.....
Old Nov 25th 2009, 10:41 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Trixie_b
It's the thought that counts.....
It sure is - many thanks for your kind thoughts. I'll pass them on!

Ian
Old Nov 25th 2009, 11:46 pm

Poppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond reputePoppy girl has a reputation beyond repute

HAPPY STUFFING DAY

Last edited by Poppy girl; Nov 26th 2009 at 1:42 am.
Old Nov 26th 2009, 12:43 am
BE Forum Addict

adjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Poppy girl
HAPPY STUFFING DAY
My sweet Poppy Happy one!!!
Old Nov 26th 2009, 5:26 am

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

Happy Thanksgiving!
Old Nov 26th 2009, 6:29 am
BE Enthusiast

PepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond reputePepsiChic has a reputation beyond repute

How would I have ever got to be with my husband on Thanksgiving without the help you guys gave me, I just dont know!

Thank you everyone for the help, I'll enjoy my meal more then ever tomorrow with my In-laws.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Ps. Karma given Ian, thats such agreat news! So very happy for you and your family
Old Nov 26th 2009, 6:54 am
BE Forum Addict

traceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond reputetraceym has a reputation beyond repute

Happy Thanksgiving everyone and as always thank you for all of the help and patience answering all of my (sometimes very dumb) questions!

Ian, thats wonderful news!

Have fun everyone.

Tracey.
Old Nov 26th 2009, 3:11 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.
Old Nov 26th 2009, 3:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

adjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond reputeadjudicator89 has a reputation beyond repute

Ian
That is wonderful news Ian. Congratulations
Old Nov 26th 2009, 4:37 pm
Account Closed

Well... the turkey's in the oven along with Sheila's terrific stuffing! I just wanted to stop by and say thank you to those who left such kind thoughts both in this thread and via karma. It really is appreciated.

Even though I come across as hard-nosed and antagonistic (well, I guess that's me to a T, really!), in the past 10 years or so I've gained a new appreciation for "family" and the concept of family - something lacking from my own life for many years - as those who have read my "Dad" blogs know. You guys are like an extended family - and I am thankful for that also!

Ian
Old Nov 26th 2009, 4:51 pm
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute

You guys are like an extended family - and I am thankful for that also!

Ian
Let us chime in and say congratulations, Grampa!

And Happy Thanksgiving to all, past and present forum members!

~SecretGarden
~~and Mr. Pink
Old Nov 26th 2009, 5:01 pm
Forum Regular

Mint Julep is a name known to allMint Julep is a name known to allMint Julep is a name known to allMint Julep is a name known to allMint Julep is a name known to allMint Julep is a name known to allMint Julep is a name known to allMint Julep is a name known to allMint Julep is a name known to allMint Julep is a name known to allMint Julep is a name known to all

happy thanksgiving to you all, We had high hopes of spending it together this year in that great country, especially when our K1 went through so speedily, but once we overcome this latest hurdle we'll be together forever for every baseball season, thanksgiving and Christmas to come, thanks again to all who helped us this far, you know who you are, we wouldn't have got this far without you, Love and kisses MJ

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.