Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

OT: Geeze... It's Snowing!!

OT: Geeze... It's Snowing!!

Old Apr 2nd 2003, 4:33 pm
Banned

Ranjini will become famous soon enough
Default OT: Geeze... It's Snowing!!

Is it only us, here in Spokane, WA I'm ready for spring!! Lisa, Rete???? No, I'm not joking. Yesterday was April Fool's day

Last edited by Ranjini; Apr 2nd 2003 at 4:36 pm.
Old Apr 2nd 2003, 4:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Linda & Eric is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah was snowing very hard here (PA) on Monday...could barely see across the road...
Old Apr 2nd 2003, 5:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

stevelisaw is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: OT: Geeze... It's Snowing!!

Originally posted by Ranjini
Is it only us, here in Spokane, WA I'm ready for spring!! Lisa, Rete???? No, I'm not joking. Yesterday was April Fool's day
We had snow on Monday....but today it's 71F. Weather is wacky lately.
Old Apr 2nd 2003, 5:30 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Believe THIS: it snowed ON the beach last night down here. Forcast is for 10 inches today at 2000 ft elevation. <gasp>
Old Apr 2nd 2003, 5:43 pm
Forum Regular

hmiller is an unknown quantity at this point

Ranjini,

Couldn't believe when I saw on the news that it was snowing there. Bet you don't want to here it's sunny and spring in Wenatchee.......

I'll be sending some of our good weather wishes your way!
Old Apr 2nd 2003, 6:59 pm
Banned

Originally posted by hmiller
Ranjini,

Couldn't believe when I saw on the news that it was snowing there. Bet you don't want to here it's sunny and spring in Wenatchee.......

I'll be sending some of our good weather wishes your way!
Hey, Neighbour! It was looking a lot like spring last Sunday here too. I guess it just doesn't pay to get one's hopes up too high The weatherman promises us more of the white stuff for the next couple of mornings as well. It has let up for now. At least they aren't predicting 10" like Meauxna says for parts of Oregon!
Lisa, 71* sounds soooooo good! I think we made it to 67* last Sunday....
Old Apr 2nd 2003, 7:22 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Here in New York City as well, girls. Snow on April 1st. What a joke ;-)

Rete
Old Apr 2nd 2003, 8:39 pm
Ed Chernenkoff

sunny and warm in beautiful downtown Kansas.. 80 + degrees today..

Ed

"Rete" wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Originally posted by Ranjini
    > > Is it only us, here in Spokane, WA I'm ready for spring!! Lisa,
    > > Rete???? No, I'm not joking. Yesterday was April Fool's day
    > >
    > Here in New York City as well, girls. Snow on April 1st. What
    > a joke ;-)
    > Rete
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Apr 2nd 2003, 9:43 pm
Howling at the Moon

lairdside will become famous soon enoughlairdside will become famous soon enough

We had beautiful weather , about 70F, until about two days ago... for the last two days it has snowed.. they are predicting it will go on until saturday. It's below freezing too, mind you we live at just under 7000ft, it can snow here in any month except August.
Old Apr 3rd 2003, 9:21 am
Forum Regular

21stcenturylove is on a distinguished road

Hey, Neighbour! It was looking a lot like spring last Sunday here too. I guess it just doesn't pay to get one's hopes up too high The weatherman promises us more of the white stuff for the next couple of mornings as well. It has let up for now. At least they aren't predicting 10" like Meauxna says for parts of Oregon!
Lisa, 71* sounds soooooo good! I think we made it to 67* last Sunday....

Hi Ranjini,

How is the weather today? Hope the weatherman has something in store for you.

Meanwhile I wanted to ask you - how did you enjoy the ICC World cup Cricket 2003. And do you know that there are chances that some of the matches of the next world cup might be played in USA.

Who knows, we might get a chance to watch it, especially your cricket crazy son, (I guess).

Howwwwwwwzat.
Old Apr 3rd 2003, 1:17 pm
Banned

Originally posted by 21stcenturylove
Hi Ranjini,
how did you enjoy the ICC World cup Cricket 2003. And do you know that there are chances that some of the matches of the next world cup might be played in USA.
We did manage to catch some of the excitement off the Wisden radio (thanks to Sharmila) and a live scoreboard! How did you come by the information that some of the matches for the next world cup may be played in the US???
Believe it or not, the sun is shining and the skies are blue right now... but not expected to get much above 45* or so... but I'm not complaining
Old Apr 3rd 2003, 1:28 pm
Forum Regular

21stcenturylove is on a distinguished road
Default CRICKET in USA

We did manage to catch some of the excitement off the Wisden radio (thanks to Sharmila) and a live scoreboard! How did you come by the information that some of the matches for the next world cup may be played in the US???
Believe it or not, the sun is shining and the skies are blue right now... but not expected to get much above 45* or so... but I'm not complaining
Glad that you have a blue and bright sky over there.

Sorry that you missed LIVE ACTION cricket.

The Next World Cup is to be conducted in the COOL West Indian Islands. ICC is very much interested in promoting the game to nook and corner of the world. Spreading it to USA would bring lot of commerical benefits in addition to increased popularity of the game. Since Carribean islands are close to USA, they are contemplating on having a few games in US mainland. This is according to reputed commentators (specifically Michael Holding) while on air in one of the match.
Old Apr 3rd 2003, 1:48 pm
Banned

Default Re: CRICKET in USA

Originally posted by 21stcenturylove
The Next World Cup is to be conducted in the COOL West Indian Islands. ICC is very much interested in promoting the game to nook and corner of the world. Spreading it to USA would bring lot of commerical benefits in addition to increased popularity of the game. Since Carribean islands are close to USA, they are contemplating on having a few games in US mainland. This is according to reputed commentators (specifically Michael Holding) while on air in one of the match.
Wow!! That would be soooo cool. Cricket is so much in our blood, I guess. And we need that cricket "fix" every now and then. My son purchased some videos from the last world cup off the Internet (BBC I think) and watches them when he needs his cricket "fix".
I still recall my Dad listening to Test Matches off short wave radio, when I was a little kid...