Reload this Page >

OT: A favor of Folinskyinla

OT: A favor of Folinskyinla

Old Mar 30th 2009, 5:31 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point
Default OT: A favor of Folinskyinla

Hi:

I participate here because I have good clean fun while perhaps keeping people on the right immigration practice. As such, I have never done much in the way of considering BE a marketing tool -- and still don't.

But, I have been working a tad on my sorry excuse for a web-site this weekend. Any suggestions for improvement in editorial content, clarity or mistakes, will be appreciated.

[P.S. -- I asked the Mods if this was OK -- and I was given permission provided that I did not cross the line into self-aggrandizement.]

Again, help would be appreciated.
Old Mar 30th 2009, 5:38 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: OT: A favor of Folinskyinla

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

I participate here because I have good clean fun while perhaps keeping people on the right immigration practice. As such, I have never done much in the way of considering BE a marketing tool -- and still don't.

But, I have been working a tad on my sorry excuse for a web-site this weekend. Any suggestions for improvement in editorial content, clarity or mistakes, will be appreciated.

[P.S. -- I asked the Mods if this was OK -- and I was given permission provided that I did not cross the line into self-aggrandizement.]

Again, help would be appreciated.
general questions.......

Why do lawyers regularly use middle initials?

Why are you an attorney at law, whereas I am not a Truck Driver at Road?

you have your own domain name obviously, but why is your email not [email protected] or some other variation.
when I see a professionals email I often want to see it's a proper email, not a @yahoo or @hotmail domain.

Would you trust an insurance broker who was [email protected]
or [email protected]

I know sbcglobal is hardly yahoo but little things like that can sometimes tip the balance.

Other than that, it's clean and crisp which is what you want to project.
Old Mar 30th 2009, 8:08 am
Forum Regular

snodog is just really nicesnodog is just really nicesnodog is just really nicesnodog is just really nicesnodog is just really nicesnodog is just really nicesnodog is just really nicesnodog is just really nice

Looks good, I just have a couple of comments.

The font of your Services page is different from the rest of the site.

Successful Cases page - spelling, Mr F.

de Barden - Since 1961, the requirements for adjustment to lawful permanent residence in the United States had requred having been "inspected and admitted or paroled." There was no requirement of an "entry." In 1996, Congress passed a sweeping revision of the Act which eliminated the word "entry" and replaced it with "admission." Though out the Act, "entry" was replaced by "admission." In Mrs. Barden's case, Mr. Folinsky argued thatt the 1961 definition of "admission" in this particular case remained unchanged and the BIA agreed.

Grushin - a provision that allows the finance's of U.S. Citizens - should that be fiance?

the Korean couple case The visa was soon granted upon submission of the requsite delcarations that this married couple
Old Mar 30th 2009, 12:34 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snodog
... and replaced it with "admission." Though out the Act...
It should also be "throughout"... one word!

... should that be fiance?
Yes... and it is also a simple plural, not possessive... so, no apostrophe.

Ian
Old Mar 30th 2009, 12:45 pm
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

I'll second Manc's excellent point about your email address. In my view it is totally unprofessional to use a generic free email address for a business such as yours. You should have received email addresses with your domain name. Use them. You can easily have your SBCGlobal email address set up to bounce all emails to that other address, or vice versa.

I also agree with snodog that you need to standardize your fonts. Personally, I think the smaller font on the Services section is closer to what you want. The font on the other sections (with the exception of the Home page) is a little too large. Perhaps choose something in between the tiny Services font and the huge Successful Cases font?

Oh, and standardize what you do with that gray horizontal line in each tab. In Services it's under the text and looks good. In About Us it's before the text... and looks out of place.

Hmm. And sort out some of your pagination and justification:
Mr. Folinsky shares office space with two other immigration lawyers: J Craig Fong and Eileen Chun-Fruto. The three attorneys constantly consult with each other in order to find solutions to the problems that often arise under the U.S. Immigration Laws.
Looks much better as:
Mr. Folinsky shares office space with two other immigration lawyers:

J Craig Fong and Eileen Chun-Fruto.

The three attorneys constantly consult with each other in order to find solutions to the problems that often arise under the U.S. Immigration Laws.
...since you've hyperlinked their names.

Oh, and there's more. Your contact details in the top-right corner of every page over-run the line length available, which breaks up the first line into:
Stuart I. Folinsky, Attorney At
Law
...when it needs to read:
Stuart I. Folinsky, Attorney At Law
...although this can be difficult to sort out unless you're using Style Sheets, since I may be using slightly different fonts in Firefox on a Mac than, say, someone using Microsoft Internet Explorer on a PC laptop.

NOTE: Based on your fine profession's billing practices, the above means you now owe me $750 plus tax

Last edited by dbj1000; Mar 30th 2009 at 12:55 pm.
Old Mar 30th 2009, 12:57 pm
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
It should also be "throughout"... one word!

Yes... and it is also a simple plural, not possessive... so, no apostrophe.

Ian
Oh no! Please at least tell me Mr Folinsky' know's how to use apostrophe's right!
Old Mar 30th 2009, 2:07 pm
Forum Regular

sangiano is just really nicesangiano is just really nicesangiano is just really nicesangiano is just really nicesangiano is just really nicesangiano is just really nicesangiano is just really nicesangiano is just really nicesangiano is just really nice

Mr. Folinsky,

I would agree with the comments on font size. In my opinion it is too big.

I would also agree that I would expect to see an e-mail address consistent with the domain name, especially in your profession.

In addition:

On the Contact Us page-

"It is recommend to park in the Palladium parking lot or in the building. Street parking limits are strictly enforced."

should be "recommended" or "We recommend that you park....." if you want to sound more informal.

On the Successful Cases page their is an inconsistency in Headings.
Some are fully capitalised lower case e.g. Unlawful Voting, some are part capitalised lowercase e.g. "Inspected and admitted" for Adjustment of Status and some are fully capitalised e.g. ALIENS ARE ENTITLED TO A FAIR HEARING.

In the "Inspected and admitted" for Adjustment of Status section there is a font change within the text.

An alternative to such a lot of information on one page (and the scrolling that goes with it) would be to list the case headings only and hyperlink to separate pages for the detail of each case.
This would also be better for when you need to add further cases in the future.

As a personal preference, I always think fully justified text looks better than left aligned as it removes the ragged right edge.

Good Luck with the website.

Last edited by sangiano; Mar 30th 2009 at 2:14 pm.
Old Mar 30th 2009, 3:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

hobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.folinsky.com/contact_us

"Please feel free to send your inqiries by telephone, facisimle or e-mail."

And I think "fax" would suffice... you don't have electronic-mail spelled out.
Old Mar 30th 2009, 3:38 pm
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hobbes79

on same page dealy in response

On the 'about us' page. The frequent use of 'Mr Folinsky ....' makes it sound very stilted. Coudl you mix it up a little saying His, This practice, or other varied introductions to make it flow more easily?

On the 'successful cases' page. could you put the various titles at the top so the reader can see all the different options (hyperlink them to jump direct down the page to the relevant text) so that they reader doesnt have to scroll down a long page to get to the particular part they want to read. (could also add a 'return to the top' pointer after each body of text).

Also on same page 'The visa was soon granted upon submission of the requsite delcarations '
Old Mar 30th 2009, 4:00 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hobbes79

And I told Mr F 6 months ago its ...facsimile
Old Apr 1st 2009, 2:31 am
Arrogant ****

Seriously Folinsky, all this input and you don't have the good grace to even respond to your thread?

WTF?
Old Apr 1st 2009, 2:36 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbj1000
Seriously Folinsky, all this input and you don't have the good grace to even respond to your thread?

WTF?
Goodness gracious me, djb, where are your manners!!

Poor Stuart's head is probably still spinning from all the excellent advice he has received...
Old Apr 1st 2009, 2:47 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbj1000

WTF?
Scratching his head trying to understand the replies here ..
Like we do with some of his posts ..
Old Apr 1st 2009, 3:34 am
Arrogant ****

Originally Posted by Elvira

Poor Stuart's head is probably still spinning from all the excellent advice he has received...
I don't have any manners Elvira. You should know that.

...it's a trait I believe we share.
Old Apr 1st 2009, 4:25 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Elvira

Hi:

Just sorting it all out -- and will have the time shortly to work on it again.

Nonetheless, it is appreciated. Thank you all.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.