Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

OT: Balto/DC/Annapolis expats- anyone up for a coupla pints??

OT: Balto/DC/Annapolis expats- anyone up for a coupla pints??

Old Dec 18th 2003, 10:06 pm
pharrya's troublen strife

ms_bhon has a brilliant futurems_bhon has a brilliant futurems_bhon has a brilliant futurems_bhon has a brilliant futurems_bhon has a brilliant futurems_bhon has a brilliant future
Default OT: Balto/DC/Annapolis expats- anyone up for a coupla pints??

Hello all:

Its been awhile since I've been really active on this forum as my husband and I have now been married for 2-1/2 years... he applies for his unconditional 10 year green card in January...

Anyway- I noticed that there were a fair few more britishexpats posting from Baltimore/DC/Annapolis...

At one point, a year or so ago there was some talk of a pissup- or at least a gathering for a coupla drinks and a nosh.

Would anyone be interested in meeting up socially on a Saturday or Sunday? Maybe in January or February when things are pretty cold and boring and need some livening up?

What say you all?

(We're in Baltimore- my husband posts occasionally has pharrya- he used to be Paul (not the webmaster) when we used outlook express instead of britishexpats to access the NG)
Old Dec 18th 2003, 10:44 pm
Forum Regular

curlylocks is just really nicecurlylocks is just really nicecurlylocks is just really nicecurlylocks is just really nicecurlylocks is just really nicecurlylocks is just really nicecurlylocks is just really nicecurlylocks is just really nicecurlylocks is just really nice
Default Re: OT: Balto/DC/Annapolis expats- anyone up for a coupla pints??

We might be interested in a little shin-dig.... we are in Rockville, just about 45 mins down the road. Would love to hear more about your experiences etc.
What is your history together? - where are you originally from, where did you meet etc......

Jo

Originally posted by ms_bhon
Hello all:

Its been awhile since I've been really active on this forum as my husband and I have now been married for 2-1/2 years... he applies for his unconditional 10 year green card in January...

Anyway- I noticed that there were a fair few more britishexpats posting from Baltimore/DC/Annapolis...

At one point, a year or so ago there was some talk of a pissup- or at least a gathering for a coupla drinks and a nosh.

Would anyone be interested in meeting up socially on a Saturday or Sunday? Maybe in January or February when things are pretty cold and boring and need some livening up?

What say you all?

(We're in Baltimore- my husband posts occasionally has pharrya- he used to be Paul (not the webmaster) when we used outlook express instead of britishexpats to access the NG)
Old Dec 18th 2003, 10:54 pm
Forum Regular

curlylocks is just really nicecurlylocks is just really nicecurlylocks is just really nicecurlylocks is just really nicecurlylocks is just really nicecurlylocks is just really nicecurlylocks is just really nicecurlylocks is just really nicecurlylocks is just really nice

We might be interested in a little shin-dig.... we are in Rockville, just about 45 mins down the road. Would love to hear more about your experiences etc.
What is your history together? - where are you originally from, where did you meet etc......

Jo

Hello all:

What say you all?

Old Dec 22nd 2003, 1:33 pm
Forum Regular

ccalgreen is an unknown quantity at this point

ms_bhon

Hoping that by replying positively to your suggestion of a MD/DC/VA gathering will bump this message up and get a few more interested parties!

Cheers

CLEM
Old Dec 22nd 2003, 2:11 pm

ms_bhon has a brilliant futurems_bhon has a brilliant futurems_bhon has a brilliant futurems_bhon has a brilliant futurems_bhon has a brilliant futurems_bhon has a brilliant future

Me, too, Clem...

Curlylocks- a short n sweet version can be found on our homepage http://www.bethandpaul.com

There used to be alot more travel pics from my travels and our travels together, but when Paul went to update it the last time, he added more of his own and took out some of mine and some of our travels together (like Morocco in '00). Am hoping to remedy that situation soon ;-)

I'm the 'merican, from Baltimore, husband Paul's the Brit.

We met online as pen pals but did not hook and and "date" until I moved to London for a short time in the winter of '99-'00 to take a course. I moved back and we continued the romance long distance until he moved over and we married in June of 2001.

Anyway, will try to keep this thread "bumped up" so as to attract some more potential attendees...

Beth

Originally posted by ccalgreen
ms_bhon

Hoping that by replying positively to your suggestion of a MD/DC/VA gathering will bump this message up and get a few more interested parties!

Cheers

CLEM
Old Dec 22nd 2003, 2:19 pm
former Rochesterian

katina is an unknown quantity at this point

Me, too, Clem...

Curlylocks- a short n sweet version can be found on our homepage http://www.bethandpaul.com

There used to be alot more travel pics from my travels and our travels together, but when Paul went to update it the last time, he added more of his own and took out some of mine and some of our travels together (like Morocco in '00). Am hoping to remedy that situation soon ;-)

I'm the 'merican, from Baltimore, husband Paul's the Brit.

We met online as pen pals but did not hook and and "date" until I moved to London for a short time in the winter of '99-'00 to take a course. I moved back and we continued the romance long distance until he moved over and we married in June of 2001.

Anyway, will try to keep this thread "bumped up" so as to attract some more potential attendees...

Beth
Hi!

I was also studying in London around that time (fall/winter '99) -- at King's College.

And my husband (Clem, who posted above) and I met as penpals too (this was during our pre-Internet days).

Maybe we'll meet you soon!
Kate
Old Dec 22nd 2003, 3:34 pm

Kate-
Well, actually we were email pals- but email only- no IM, no ICQ, only 1 phone phone call before we met in person...

Another thing we have in common is the two of us are also a coupla musos ;-)...

That course I was taking? A dj course with a bunch 19 year old boys in baggy trou and puffa coats ;-) (Paul wasn't taking the course, BTW, but had just moved back to the UK after 2 years in Egypt)

Hopefully we'll all meet soon :-)

Beth

Originally posted by katina
Hi!

I was also studying in London around that time (fall/winter '99) -- at King's College.

And my husband (Clem, who posted above) and I met as penpals too (this was during our pre-Internet days).

Maybe we'll meet you soon!
Kate
Old Jan 2nd 2004, 5:18 pm
Just Joined

tmccudden is an unknown quantity at this point

You are all welcome at the O'Callaghan Hotel in Annapolis.
We are a bunch of Irish, Aussie and British managers of a Dublin Group of hotels.
Annapolis is a great town for a pint.
You can also find us at Fado in DC during 6 Nation/Tri Nation games. Place is always packed.
Tony McCudden
Old Jan 2nd 2004, 5:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

robclews is an unknown quantity at this point

Im always good for a few beers,

Rob
Old Jan 22nd 2004, 11:54 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Ex Teesside, England Now in Edgewater, Maryland USA
Daveyboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by robclews
Im always good for a few beers,

Rob
Speaking for Dave and I , sounds like fun! We're just a few minutes south of Annapolis and like to get together for a drink.
Just let us know when everyone is getting together : )
Linda and Dave
Old Jan 23rd 2004, 2:12 pm
foxy little minx

bequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of lightbequibar is a glorious beacon of light

hey miz b!

we might make the trip down if you let us know the details with enough time to plan it

or, we'd be happy to have one further up north