Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

OT: AUS/NZ airfare deal

OT: AUS/NZ airfare deal

Old May 29th 2003, 9:35 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default OT: AUS/NZ airfare deal

I don't normally do this, but this deal looks too good for any of you heading from the West Coast to Australia OR NZ.
$810 -- Australia (R/T), incl. FREE Stopover in New Zealand

full deal here: http://dir.travelzoo.com/Air.asp?int...y=10&id=104456

happy travels, Oz folk.

Anyone find a London summer fare for less than $800? Trade me
Old May 29th 2003, 9:40 pm
early 30's member

bigcarper is an unknown quantity at this point

Go to www.bestfares.com my fiancee saw flights to london for less than $400 peak season (july)
regards
Lee
Old May 29th 2003, 11:01 pm
Patrick

Default Re: OT: AUS/NZ airfare deal

A tip for anyone wanting to travel to Ireland, DO NOT go direct, when I was
living in Ireland and my soon to be Finace was travelling, a direct ticket
cost over $1000, instead she flew to Gatewick in London, then flew to Dublin
via Ryan Air, total cost was $420, $370 to London, $60 return fare to
Dublin. That was just at the end of peak season.
A huge price difference,
Patrick

Old May 30th 2003, 3:51 am
Forum Regular

desusa is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks meauxna. What a great deal. Unfortunately since I just got here I can't take advantage of it. Boo Hoo! Hopefully it'll pop up this time next year when I'll be dying to get back!
Old May 30th 2003, 11:53 am
Diane

Yes is a good deal have been scanning the web sites for months now
looking for a cheap flight to Aus in October so far by looking at
loads of sites the Quantas site offers very cheap direct flights from
LA to Aus for around $895 but are only avaialable 3 months in advance
so am waiting till they become available for October if anyone finds
anything cheaper would much appreciate it!!

meauxna wrote in message news:...
    > I don't normally do this, but this deal looks too good for any of you
    > heading from the West Coast to Australia OR NZ.
    > $810 -- Australia (R/T), incl. FREE Stopover in New Zealand
    >
    > full deal here:
    > http://dir.travelzoo.com/Air.asp?int...y=10&id=104456
    >
    > happy travels, Oz folk.
    >
    > Anyone find a London summer fare for less than $800? Trade me

Old May 30th 2003, 4:50 pm
Forum Regular

steppke is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by meauxna
I don't normally do this, but this deal looks too good for any of you heading from the West Coast to Australia OR NZ.
$810 -- Australia (R/T), incl. FREE Stopover in New Zealand

full deal here: http://dir.travelzoo.com/Air.asp?int...y=10&id=104456

happy travels, Oz folk.

Anyone find a London summer fare for less than $800? Trade me
I just posted details of my bargain fare SFO-LGW, try Priceline, I bid $450 and got tickets for $502 + taxes. That's for the first week in July.
Good luck!
Old Jun 1st 2003, 10:18 am
Mrs Shep USCIS Graduate

shepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond reputeshepslady has a reputation beyond repute

I would suggest anyone looking for flights from Australia/New Zealand to the US or vice versa might like to check prices with American Airlines who run flights to Australia & New Zealand with Qantas & are offering some excellent deals right now.
I like the idea of Priceline.com but I always thought they were only good for flights originating in the US. I might be wrong with that one so please correct me if I am wrong.
I think its a brilliant idea to let people know when you come across good deals like this. there are always people wanting to travel & the cheaper the better when such distances are involved.

Cheers
Shepslady
Old Jun 2nd 2003, 7:45 am
Life is good!

Tbone is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by shepslady
I like the idea of Priceline.com but I always thought they were only good for flights originating in the US. I might be wrong with that one so please correct me if I am wrong.
I think I remember trying Priceline.com once only to find, right at the bitter end, that you need to have a credit card with a US billing address.

I agree that it does sound like a good idea, though.

Anthony
Old Jun 2nd 2003, 5:24 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by steppke
I just posted details of my bargain fare SFO-LGW, try Priceline, I bid $450 and got tickets for $502 + taxes. That's for the first week in July.
Good luck!
Tx, all. Anyone with Priceline experience who can tell me if one does *not* get FF miles for these flights? What about HOtwire? Time is ticking...got to do this today. Your info appreciated!

PS: For both sides of the pond, I highly recommend www.eurotrip.com and making your way to their discussion boards to the Cheap Flights discussion. There are some sharp folk over there who spend as much time on flight searches as we do on immigration. I've always been hepped to the best deals there. Look for the post "Top 50 booking engines" or similar for a comprehensive list of bargain (real bargain) airfare sites.
Old Jun 2nd 2003, 5:35 pm
Forum Regular

steppke is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by meauxna
Tx, all. Anyone with Priceline experience who can tell me if one does *not* get FF miles for these flights? What about HOtwire? Time is ticking...got to do this today. Your info appreciated!

PS: For both sides of the pond, I highly recommend www.eurotrip.com and making your way to their discussion boards to the Cheap Flights discussion. There are some sharp folk over there who spend as much time on flight searches as we do on immigration. I've always been hepped to the best deals there. Look for the post "Top 50 booking engines" or similar for a comprehensive list of bargain (real bargain) airfare sites.
I've received FF miles on Priceline tickets, the only real bugbear is you can't use the FF miles to upgrade the tickets.
Old Jun 2nd 2003, 5:38 pm

Originally posted by steppke
I've received FF miles on Priceline tickets, the only real bugbear is you can't use the FF miles to upgrade the tickets.
smoochies your way...tx tx for the speedy reply! (off to shop!)