Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

OT: AOS From VWP Split from OP

OT: AOS From VWP Split from OP

Old Mar 15th 2005, 2:50 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: AOS on VWP for Spouse of USC

Originally Posted by iniaki
That it's just not fair. But I am living proof that it is fair. Because it happened to me.
Surely you are living proof..that you avoided the advertised and approved method and sloped through by a more devious but not illegal method... hardly proof that its fair...
Old Mar 15th 2005, 3:01 pm
Forum Regular

MarsBar will become famous soon enoughMarsBar will become famous soon enough

I did not disrespect you. You posted that that it shouldn't be allowed for VW entrants to adjust status, I am simply informing you why USCIS does allow them to adjust. I am letting you know that there are situations where it isn't unfair. Maybe then, blanketed statements wouldn't be made. I am sure you do not know my situation or for that fact anyone else's situation on those who entered on VW and are adjusting status. I am also not naive to think that many people enter on a VW with the intent to stay, but I am also sure that many don't!
From reading these posts, I can see that many people think it shouldn't be allowed. That it's just not fair. But I am living proof that it is fair. Because it happened to me. So maybe, just maybe, instead of wanting the law changed to NOT allow VWs to adjust, why not adjust the K1 process so that it would not be so hard on those people. Wouldn't that make more sense?
As I have previously stated, all I think is fair is that some sort of firm and defined system come into place. It is not difficult to create a method that accomodates all sorts of situations fairly. At the moment the system that the USCIS is promoting as "correct" is the system that SOME people are circumventing by way of the VWP/AOS method. At this moment in time it seems to me that the VWP/AOS method is the most out of sync with the rest of the law / process.

Simply because you have utilized this method does not make it a good one. You likely could have easily followed the correct regulations if you had wanted to, but you didnt.

Originally Posted by Rete
Life is not standardized ... why should immigration be?

The issue you are upset with is a benefit to a spouse of a US citizen. As a US Citizen the USCIS makes allowances for some of the actions of their spouses, i.e. marriage under a tourist and/or VWP when the marry occurred without preconceived intent, illegal work and overstay. Do you want to have all those spouses who lived and worked in the US without proper visas and authorizatio to be removed and banned as well?
Life may not be standard nor fair but that does not mean that we should sit by and allow systems that could be made fair to go untouched because of some skewed belief that it's not worth trying because "the world will be as it will be". The world is what we make it and so is life. So is immigration and a whole slew of other things. People do make a difference and changes can be made for the better. I see no reason why a standard PROCEEDURE for processing in family visa scenarios should not be installed. I am not suggesting that we change the way we look at applicants - mearly that we have some straight up rules and regulations that everyone must follow.

In a house with only one door and no windows, everyone must enter in the same way. This does not change who they are or how they are treated. It only means that there is one path to follow.
Old Mar 15th 2005, 3:03 pm
Boxer's are the Best

iniaki is just really niceiniaki is just really niceiniaki is just really niceiniaki is just really niceiniaki is just really niceiniaki is just really niceiniaki is just really niceiniaki is just really niceiniaki is just really nice

Originally Posted by Ray
Surely you are living proof..that you avoided the advertised and approved method and sloped through by a more devious but not illegal method... hardly proof that its fair...
Well, thank you Ray. It's nice to see how thoughtful and sensitive you are. You are very intelligent. You nailed it right on the head. Gosh, how is it you know me and my husband so well? How in the world did you see that we planned and manipulated the system? That we sat back and thought, how can we screw them. Ohhh, and don't forget that we sit back and laugh day in and day out at all the suckers who had to go through a K1 process or some other sort of process.

I am done trying to explain my situation to small minded people such as yourself. I tried to point out that it's not all black and white. Everyone does not fall under the same category!
But, you go on seeing things through that narrow little world you live in.
Old Mar 15th 2005, 3:14 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Ray
I like the way you put that... "sloped through" ... You have a very nice and clear way of putting things.
Old Mar 15th 2005, 3:16 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Well, thank you Ray. It's nice to see how thoughtful and sensitive you are. You are very intelligent. You nailed it right on the head. Gosh, how is it you know me and my husband so well? How in the world did you see that we planned and manipulated the system? That we sat back and thought, how can we screw them. Ohhh, and don't forget that we sit back and laugh day in and day out at all the suckers who had to go through a K1 process or some other sort of process.

I am done trying to explain my situation to small minded people such as yourself. I tried to point out that it's not all black and white. Everyone does not fall under the same category!
Looking back over your previous post.... you are the devious one ...
and you certainly did plan it... be grateful its not me you have to explain your non-intent to ..I would not buy it for a second... hopefully other won't either... But why should I care... 1000s more just like you ...see them come and go for years...
Old Mar 15th 2005, 3:17 pm
Ray

Originally Posted by MarsBar
I like the way you put that... "sloped through" ... You have a very nice and clear way of putting things.
Thank you Marsbar... I aim to please ... I am well known for it ...

Ps amend your sig ..the URL is incorrectly spelt
Old Mar 15th 2005, 3:22 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by HunterGreen
Standardization. So everybody who wants to obtain a green card should have to go through the same procedure? That should be fun. If you think the wait is long now, you're going to enjoy the waiting times then.

What about people from countries who are not eligible to use the VWP? What about H1b's? To only mention one visa-category.

My real point about asking these questions however is to see if people who are able to do the so-called 'DCF' will get heat for being able to become a permanent resident so fast.

Adjusting status from the VWP is not interesting at all for someone from The Netherlands, for example. People in Amsterdam are getting approved left and right in 45-60 DAYS. That is from filing until walking out of the airport stateside with temporary evidence of permanent resident status in hand.

Just wondering how soon people are going to start shouting about how unfair that is, because ''it's not what AOS'ers on a K3 or K1 go through''.

Yes, 'DCF' is legal. So you're going to say you don't care about that. But, adjusting from the VWP if one didn't enter with the intent to do so, is also allowed. If people manage to prove this non-intent at their AOS interview, then why would you care?

Elaine

The fact of the matter is that minds cannot be read. Although it would be nice to think that everyone always tells the truth, it is just as likely that Person A has lied about their intent as Person B has. So there is no way to determine genuine use from fraudulant use of the VWP/AOS system. The logical thing to do is to either deregulate it completely so that what is currently fraudulant use becomes legal, or shut it down and enforce the methods that USCIS advertises.

The difference between DCF and VWP/AOS is that people using DCF must be resident in a foreign country for a minimum amount of time before they are extended the curtesy of processing via an Embassy on foreign soil. They must also wait in the que.

The Kii visas are there to ensure that, like those filing through DCF, families can stay together while the application process is churning. The VWP/AOS getaround is unnecessary at this time because other ways exist and are considered the standard.
Old Mar 15th 2005, 3:23 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Ray
Thank you Marsbar... I aim to please ... I am well known for it ...

Ps amend your sig ..the URL is incorrectly spelt
lol typical me! Thanks for the heads up!
Old Mar 15th 2005, 3:31 pm
staying around

candy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond reputecandy wy. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by MarsBar
The fact of the matter is that minds cannot be read. Although it would be nice to think that everyone always tells the truth, it is just as likely that Person A has lied about their intent as Person B has. So there is no way to determine genuine use from fraudulant use of the VWP/AOS system. The logical thing to do is to either deregulate it completely so that what is currently fraudulant use becomes legal, or shut it down and enforce the methods that USCIS advertises.
hey yes shut it down then all the k visas can wait years rather then months then they can complain about the DCF.

The difference between DCF and VWP/AOS is that people using DCF must be resident in a foreign country for a minimum amount of time before they are extended the curtesy of processing via an Embassy on foreign soil. They must also wait in the que.
not true. some can dcf in a day and some it takes months. some ask for residency some do not. maybe this should be changed also to make it fairer.

originally posted by MarsBar
The Kii visas are there to ensure that, like those filing through DCF, families can stay together while the application process is churning. The VWP/AOS getaround is unnecessary at this time because other ways exist and are considered the standard.
this should be changed also as it is not fair to all. again some get k visas in a matter of months some have to wait one or two years.

so where is the consistency in any of this immigration every one has a different time frame and a different story to tell.

Last edited by candy wy.; Mar 15th 2005 at 4:02 pm.
Old Mar 15th 2005, 3:48 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Candy

Let it go .... marsbar is not about to listen to anyone else's point of view and/or the truth. He is being played with nicely by Ray as a master violinist plays an instrument.

Marsbar has yet to learn that if one were to want equality and fairness and consistency within the USCIS agency, then one would have to scrap the entire department, throw out all the rules and regulations and laws, and start from scratch and this means from the 1770's onward.

Perhaps we should just close the borders and let everyone linger while the new laws are talked about, introduced, debated, voted on and instituted.

Rete
Old Mar 15th 2005, 4:41 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by candy wy.
not true. some can dcf in a day and some it takes months. some ask for residency some do not. maybe this should be changed also to make it fairer.... this should be changed also as it is not fair to all. again some get k visas in a matter of months some have to wait one or two years... so where is the consistency in any of this immigration every one has a different time frame and a different story to tell.
I was a DCFer myself and the inconsistancy throughout the DCF process and even the lack of information on how long is long enough to process via DCF is very very frusterating. Yes, I do believe that there should be changes made to ensure that ALL DCF applications are processed acording to the same rules and regulations.

Again, yes - K visas should also be processed in a standardized way. Without a staff increase it would not likely cause k visas to be processed any quicker but straightforward rules and regs would at least help people to know whats in store. It might even cause for a public push to hire more staff where theyre needed. What ever happened to a government being held accountable by the people? Surely if this service is for our benefit we should be able to somehow encourage (yes, perhaps by huge protest) changes to happen where changes are needed.

I havent said that there is consistancy at all within the USCIS. Thats what Im calling for. Consistancy would be a lovely thing.
Old Mar 15th 2005, 4:48 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Rete
Candy

Let it go .... marsbar is not about to listen to anyone else's point of view and/or the truth. He is being played with nicely by Ray as a master violinist plays an instrument.

Marsbar has yet to learn that if one were to want equality and fairness and consistency within the USCIS agency, then one would have to scrap the entire department, throw out all the rules and regulations and laws, and start from scratch and this means from the 1770's onward.

Perhaps we should just close the borders and let everyone linger while the new laws are talked about, introduced, debated, voted on and instituted.

Rete
First of all, the truth and peoples points of view are all relative and everyone is entitled to have their own. I dont believe that I can truly say your views on the situation and honestly, you should not believe that your comments would sway mine. It is not that I am not open to other people's points of view - I find it all very interesting. But being firm in one's belif that good changes can be made in the USCIS for the benefit of everyone does not make me closed to "the truth" or to other people's POVs. Please, dont think so much of yourself to think that you know what I am or am not prepared to do.

Secondly, getting my gender right would be a nice additon.

He is being played with nicely by Ray as a master violinist plays an instrument.
Lastly, such unwitty remarks can just as easily be made about you and anyone whom you happen to agree with on this or any other matter. Your snide comments are unnecessary and smack of your lack of anything constructive to say.
Old Mar 15th 2005, 5:28 pm
David9287

Well, thank you Ray. It's nice to see how thoughtful and sensitive you are. I tried to point out that it's not all black and white. Everyone does not fall under the same category!
Hello,
My my, my how I love this topic...... First of all, I am the USC of my relationship. Not sure if my girl wants to be a US Citizen that's up to her. My wife entered on a K-1. AOS, SSN, DL, Car, Bank Accounts, great job at a Counsulate General here, I guess things have worked out well for her/us. Didn't take to long (3-7-03 to 11-30-04) bout 20 months total. We met on December 8, 2001! She has her I-551 stamp and her CPR green card.

The USCIS/DHS "may" be sympathetic to those who claim..... "it was like star dust falling from the clouds" but I am not so sympathetic!

Outside this "miniscule" NG.... what is "really" happening? Proportionately, if 100 couples/people on this NG are attempting to adjust status from the VWP, from student Visas, visitor Visas and employment Visas all based on marriage, then I would bet "tens of thousands" are attempting to adj throughout the country. IT ISN'T JUST "YOU AND YOURS" IN "YOUR" LITTLE WORLD, iniaki !

Myself and..... tens of millions of people just like me are calling for a "moratorium" to greatly restrict the number of student visas, employment visas, lottery visas and the number of asylees being issued/admitted to the USA each year.Those that enter based on the VWP or visitor Visas "will be required" to depart before their Visa/ 6 months/ 90 Days expires.

My sympathies go out to the "family based" Visas that are sought and obtained through the "proper" channels.

DON'T EVEN GET ME STARTED ABOUT BORDER JUMPERS, ANCHOR BABIES, ILLEGAL WORKERS AND OVER POPULATION. It's called Third World Momentum, google it up!

Credibility in Immigration Policy can be stated in one sentance; Those that should be here, get in; those that shouldn't be here, are kept out; and those that are here illegally will be removed.

davidM

Old Mar 15th 2005, 5:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

andrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond repute

So youre suggesting that even people who are here on student or work visas, that have been here for years and years, get married, and essentially have nothing left in their country - they should all just go "home" and apply for a k-1/k-3 visa? That makes no sense whatsoever.
Old Mar 15th 2005, 5:51 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

hehe. I guess a functioning immigration staff WOULD be too much to ask for. London Embassy seems to have it down tho! Processing ON the day! Nebraska should take a lesson
Ever occurred to you how many more 100s of applications Nebraska deals with compared to the US Embassy in London?...

NC Penguin

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.