Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

OT: Allan Wernick's Column 7.17.2008

Wikiposts

OT: Allan Wernick's Column 7.17.2008

Old Jul 17th 2008, 1:36 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default OT: Allan Wernick's Column 7.17.2008

Today's column is unusual for in that it gives hints and where in NYC to go for cost friendly immigration assistance; the issues that arise when a daughter has a biological father petition for her and yet he refuses to financially sponsor her and it is discovered she was adopted and wants her adopted father to be the sponsor; a father who will not let his daughter have his naturalization certificate to prove she is a US citizen.

http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/...rvices_fo.html

Found it interesting that Mr. Wernick, who is a friend of Mr. Folinsky's and who set up the immigration program I attended, does not recommend the AILA to find an immigration attorney but instead suggests you use the Bar Assciation Legal Referral Service among other suggestions.
Old Jul 17th 2008, 7:25 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: OT: Allan Wernick's Column 7.17.2008

Originally Posted by Rete
Today's column is unusual for in that it gives hints and where in NYC to go for cost friendly immigration assistance; the issues that arise when a daughter has a biological father petition for her and yet he refuses to financially sponsor her and it is discovered she was adopted and wants her adopted father to be the sponsor; a father who will not let his daughter have his naturalization certificate to prove she is a US citizen.

http://www.nydailynews.com/ny_local/...rvices_fo.html

Found it interesting that Mr. Wernick, who is a friend of Mr. Folinsky's and who set up the immigration program I attended, does not recommend the AILA to find an immigration attorney but instead suggests you use the Bar Assciation Legal Referral Service among other suggestions.
Hi:

AILA has set up a referral service. However, many local bar associations have one. Do note that the LAWYER often to kick over a percentage of any fee to the referral services.

I really liked the way Allan described "by operation of law." I'll have to remember that one.