Orlando shootings

Old Jun 13th 2016, 6:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

BubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Orlando shootings

Originally Posted by Philk
The False Flag and Conspiracy stories are already circulating
Of course they are. WTF is wrong with people. Sandy Hook Truthers, holocaust deniers and their ilk are scum.
Old Jun 13th 2016, 6:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

mrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond repute

In comparison there were just under 2,500 motor vehicle deaths in Florida in 2014. Still texting and driving and DUII are low on the radar. Gun deaths are always prime time.
Old Jun 13th 2016, 6:52 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BubbleChog
There were only 23 mins between the first plane hitting and the second plane hitting. It still wasn't clear at that point what was going on.

Any stories like this are just BS trying to steer the conversation
Originally Posted by Pulaski
17 minutes - 8:46am EDT and 9:03am EDT.
After the second plane hit...as Mr P said 17 mins...it was quite clear it was a terrorist attack. What else could it have been...an accident?

17 mins is fairly quick in my book.
Old Jun 13th 2016, 6:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

BubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
17 minutes - 8:46am EDT and 9:03am EDT.
That's what I meant - maths was never my best subject
Old Jun 13th 2016, 6:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
After the second plane hit...as Mr P said 17 mins...it was quite clear it was a terrorist attack. What else could it have been...an accident?

17 mins is fairly quick in my book.
it was clear it was terrorists but there was no idea who or why. So why would a random muslim kid in a NYC classroom be cheering it makes no sense, it's just someone getting 50 bucks from an unscrupulous "News" organisation for making crap up
Old Jun 13th 2016, 6:56 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BubbleChog
it was clear it was terrorists but there was no idea who or why. So why would a random muslim kid in a NYC classroom be cheering it makes no sense, it's just someone getting 50 bucks from an unscrupulous "News" organisation for making crap up
My post was in answer to the your second question...nothing to do with a kid in a classroom.
Old Jun 13th 2016, 7:03 pm
Bloody Yank

RoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond reputeRoadWarriorFromLP has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hiro11
Again, it's dishonest and lazy.
I would agree that it's dishonest and lazy to rely upon the Canuckistani equivalent of the NRA for an honest analysis of data.
Old Jun 13th 2016, 7:51 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
My post was in answer to the your second question...nothing to do with a kid in a classroom.
Further to the kids in a classroom bit, no kids were sitting at their desks watching the initial horror unfold. It all happened far too rapidly for that. The spreads-like-wildfire characteristics of social media were not that advanced in 2001; and what kind of teacher was going to turn on the TV news channels so that the kids could watch people die?
Old Jun 13th 2016, 8:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nutmegger
Further to the kids in a classroom bit, no kids were sitting at their desks watching the initial horror unfold. It all happened far too rapidly for that. The spreads-like-wildfire characteristics of social media were not that advanced in 2001; and what kind of teacher was going to turn on the TV news channels so that the kids could watch people die?
Exactly. I recall the day, I was in my office in the UK. I start hearing grumblings that the network has slowed to a crawl, then rumors something has happened, then someone shouted they had managed to get the Guardian website to load. Unless you were already watching a 24 hr news channel at the time you didn't know what was happening until it was all over.

I think people are confusing this with things like the moon landings which people did sit in class to watch.
Old Jun 13th 2016, 8:38 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sir_eccles
Exactly. I recall the day, I was in my office in the UK. I start hearing grumblings that the network has slowed to a crawl, then rumors something has happened, then someone shouted they had managed to get the Guardian website to load. Unless you were already watching a 24 hr news channel at the time you didn't know what was happening until it was all over. ....
I got cnn:com to load when I got back from lunch, at 13:56 BST. Within a minute cnn:com had locked up.

A TV was on nearby and I wandered over to watch the CNN TV coverage, and a couple of minutes later the second plane hit the WTC.

That was the day after my CR-1 was approved; I had three open job offers in NYC.
Old Jun 13th 2016, 8:49 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by sir_eccles
Exactly. I recall the day, I was in my office in the UK. I start hearing grumblings that the network has slowed to a crawl, then rumors something has happened, then someone shouted they had managed to get the Guardian website to load. Unless you were already watching a 24 hr news channel at the time you didn't know what was happening until it was all over.

I think people are confusing this with things like the moon landings which people did sit in class to watch.
I'd just got back from dropping my daughter off at school. I was on the treadmill and turned the TV onto to ABC. Sarah Ferguson was just finishing an interview...a news flash came on TV...a plane had hit the WTC. For the first few minutes they were saying it was a light aircraft. I remembered a photo of a fighter jet that hit the the ESB...the damage was nothing compared to what I was seeing. From then on all our network and news channels in NJ had blanket coverage for days. I remember CNN took a call from a guy who was trapped at the top of the tower...after a while there was a loud noise and the line went dead.
Old Jun 13th 2016, 10:14 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

I was outside of Grand Central when the first plane hit and in my office when the second hit and I watched it first hand on the television. So it is very plausible that school children did watch at least the second tower being hit.
Old Jun 13th 2016, 10:22 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
I was outside of Grand Central when the first plane hit and in my office when the second hit and I watched it first hand on the television. So it is very plausible that school children did watch at least the second tower being hit.
They certainly weren't watching at the FL school that Bush was visiting!
Old Jun 13th 2016, 10:49 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

To all the pro gun folks, have any of you ever had a gun stuck in your face?

Just curious.

The missus has. It wasn't pleasant. Wasn't in some druggy ghetto either, but a rather pleasant, posh suburb. In a bank.

The gun, while illegally obtained, was traced to one stolen from a legally purchased gun owner, who left it in their glove box, who's car was broken into.

The other gun was purchased on the black market. It was a grey market gun, purchased legally by someone out of state, who illegally passed it on to the person who sold it illegally in this state.

A bit of gun control, rather than a complete ban, might have made that a little trickier to happen...you know, if all states had similar laws to selling guns on without a background check being required, or you know, prosecuting people for not storing their guns safely so they can easily be stolen.
Old Jun 13th 2016, 10:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

mrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob

A bit of gun control, rather than a complete ban, might have made that a little trickier to happen...you know, if all states had similar laws to selling guns on without a background check being required, or you know, prosecuting people for not storing their guns safely so they can easily be stolen.
A lot is to do with respect. I lot of people do not respect two things that can kill people, cars and guns. Unfortunately there are people that should not own or have possession of either of these two things.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.