Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Open up! This is the police!

Open up! This is the police!

Old Dec 4th 2007, 5:31 pm
Illinois Rapscallion

Circus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Open up! This is the police!

Originally Posted by snowbunny
Actually, the "pre-dawn raids" all happen at that time, to hopefully catch the sleepy criminal at his place of residence.

It's times like this that I'm glad that we're the only people to have ever lived at our current address (13 years).
Not so much as to catch a sleepy criminal as to catch one who has just ended his criminal shift.....most try to get home before the regular workforce awakes..

I wonder if its worth checking some of the Hispanic expat sites to see if some guy called Ramos had an early morning call from the old bill looking for a guy called Roland
Old Dec 5th 2007, 7:51 am
Lapine Member

snowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond reputesnowbunny has a reputation beyond repute

Toon has the mobile number that belonged to a former employee. That guy's vindictive ex-wife and her family used to call many times a day looking for him. Toon tried speaking Spanish to them to no avail, possibly this made them more specific.

One day they called and he'd had enough so shouted down the phone in Dutch they were so shocked they have not called back!
Old Dec 5th 2007, 12:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Dogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond repute

Always did a 'knock' at 4/5am best time to gwet the bad guys...... Plus if we were 'quiet'we used to go to one of the local drug dealers houses and knock like hell. .......Then when the toilet 'flushed',........ we dropped a 'Drugs Awareness' leaflet through the letter box !!
Old Dec 5th 2007, 5:25 pm
Boomshacalaca!!

Tarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ugacrew
'Bad boys, bad boys, what'cha gonna do, what'cha gonna do when they come for you....'
...offer a smoke.
Old Dec 5th 2007, 7:53 pm
Forum Regular

Hank Hill is a glorious beacon of lightHank Hill is a glorious beacon of lightHank Hill is a glorious beacon of lightHank Hill is a glorious beacon of lightHank Hill is a glorious beacon of lightHank Hill is a glorious beacon of lightHank Hill is a glorious beacon of lightHank Hill is a glorious beacon of lightHank Hill is a glorious beacon of lightHank Hill is a glorious beacon of lightHank Hill is a glorious beacon of light

At least he didn't taser you
Old Dec 5th 2007, 9:01 pm
Militant Ginger

Roland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hank Hill
"Don't tase me, bro!"

Official phrase of 2007.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkMkGOpAF4s
Old Dec 7th 2007, 4:58 pm
Forum Regular

cranners99 is just really nicecranners99 is just really nicecranners99 is just really nicecranners99 is just really nicecranners99 is just really nicecranners99 is just really nicecranners99 is just really nicecranners99 is just really nicecranners99 is just really nicecranners99 is just really nice

At least you didn't shoot him, through the door, as a suspected home invader....
Old Dec 7th 2007, 5:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

Britinsac has much to be proud ofBritinsac has much to be proud ofBritinsac has much to be proud ofBritinsac has much to be proud ofBritinsac has much to be proud ofBritinsac has much to be proud ofBritinsac has much to be proud ofBritinsac has much to be proud ofBritinsac has much to be proud ofBritinsac has much to be proud ofBritinsac has much to be proud of

How does it feel to be an ethnic minority Roland?

At least the officer didn't shoot first and ask questions later..although it must have been pretty scary.
I will watch out for you on the next episode of Cops...

btw Someone banged on my door last night at midnight to tell me I had left my garage door open. Makes the street look untidy so it does.
Old Dec 7th 2007, 6:33 pm
Militant Ginger

Roland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Britinsac
How does it feel to be an ethnic minority Roland?

At least the officer didn't shoot first and ask questions later..although it must have been pretty scary.
I will watch out for you on the next episode of Cops...

btw Someone banged on my door last night at midnight to tell me I had left my garage door open. Makes the street look untidy so it does.
I've always been a minority. I'm ginger.

My wife, on the other hand, is so dark and tan she can pass for Indian / Spanish / Arab
Old Dec 8th 2007, 2:41 pm
Boomshacalaca!!

Tarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond repute

During the 80's Laser Tag was the big thing...
now it seems Taser Tag is the new thing isn't it! ...how trends change.
Old Dec 9th 2007, 11:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

I saw this and thought of you Roland:

3am Home Invasion? No, it's American Airlines.
Old Dec 10th 2007, 3:02 am
Not dead yet

Thydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond reputeThydney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Roland Hulme
Four o'clock this morning, Wifey and I were suddenly woken up by a loud banging on the door.

I was worried it was a gang of drug dealers or IRS agents or something, so I struggled into some jeans while Tina (despite my instructions not to) answered the door.

And there stood a policeman.

And the expression on his face was: 'Oh, shit. I've just woken up the only white, legal residents on this entire street.'

Since our street is almost exclusively made up of Spanish illegal immigrants (we have the only cars with New Jersey plates, which is a clue.)

The policeman was looking for somebody called Ramos. When he found out that Ramos can't have lived at this address for at least six months, he apologised and left.

And Tina and I struggled to get back to sleep (I had to get up an hour and a half later.)

Am I just being a whiney little sod, or is it a bit off of the police to wake us up at four in the morning for that startlingly inefficient bit of police work?
They can't have been after anything major otherwise they'd have used a 10lb skeleton key and shot you.
Old Dec 10th 2007, 6:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Patrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, I am a total pussy.

WOW ..... Where did you say you live ?

I'll be in NYC this afternoon
Old Dec 10th 2007, 6:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Patrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond reputePatrick Hasler has a reputation beyond repute

I'm ginger.
On second thoughts forget that
Old Dec 10th 2007, 6:51 am

anabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patrick Hasler
On second thoughts forget that

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.