Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

One month to go - any advice please

One month to go - any advice please

Old Nov 24th 2007, 5:17 pm
Live the moment

Pants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: One month to go - any advice please

hello there Scoobs...

I can remember you in the early days and look at what you have achieved, well done chicken. Just relax and stop being angry...get some rescue remedy, chill and don't think you have to EXPLAIN yourself to others as to why you are going back. Are you a bit apprehensive about returning?not having any secong thoughts? !!Only asking.

When I look back to when I left all I wanted to do was go and now I WISH I had taken more time enjoying those lovely mates that I still miss and enjoying the beauty that was around me but I was also wrapped up in flying back alone with my little one, wondering of course what lay ahead etc so I was very pre-occupied.

So from an old timer friend please enjoy those people you have met....who knows when you will get the chance again.!!

xxx

Last edited by Pants; Nov 24th 2007 at 5:49 pm.
Old Nov 24th 2007, 8:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

USAGypsies has a reputation beyond reputeUSAGypsies has a reputation beyond reputeUSAGypsies has a reputation beyond reputeUSAGypsies has a reputation beyond reputeUSAGypsies has a reputation beyond reputeUSAGypsies has a reputation beyond reputeUSAGypsies has a reputation beyond reputeUSAGypsies has a reputation beyond reputeUSAGypsies has a reputation beyond reputeUSAGypsies has a reputation beyond reputeUSAGypsies has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scoobydoo
However, I am finding that I cant do that..Now all the hard work is done, instead of relaxing and enjoying my time with the lovely friends I have made here , I am becomming angry and frustrated with being here. I am also getting fed up of new arrivals I have met from the UK, asking me why I dont like it here (the list is endless). I am getting irritated with absolutely everything and keep telling myself to chill out, but I cant seem to do it. Any advice please????
You sound perfectly normal to me. I keep thinking that once we are definately on our way we will kick back and enjoy our final time here but in reality, I will probably be sitting on my suitcase by the front door looking at my watch and tapping my foot for the last 6 months LOL
Old Nov 27th 2007, 8:40 am
BE Enthusiast

chance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond reputechance to be has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pants
hello there Scoobs...

I can remember you in the early days and look at what you have achieved, well done chicken. Just relax and stop being angry...get some rescue remedy, chill and don't think you have to EXPLAIN yourself to others as to why you are going back. Are you a bit apprehensive about returning?not having any secong thoughts? !!Only asking.

When I look back to when I left all I wanted to do was go and now I WISH I had taken more time enjoying those lovely mates that I still miss and enjoying the beauty that was around me but I was also wrapped up in flying back alone with my little one, wondering of course what lay ahead etc so I was very pre-occupied.

So from an old timer friend please enjoy those people you have met....who knows when you will get the chance again.!!

xxx

Hi Pants,
Thats such good advice! Hindsight eh?
Scoobydoo
Ive pm'd you
Chrissy
Old Nov 27th 2007, 9:05 am
Live the moment

Pants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond reputePants has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chance to be
Hi Pants,
Thats such good advice! Hindsight eh?
Scoobydoo
Ive pm'd you
Chrissy

Hi Chrissy

Hindsight indeed..!! Hope your'e keeping well Chrissy, sorry I don't come on here much now but it's good to know people are doing ok.!

Take care

P x
Old Nov 28th 2007, 5:00 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nwtrucker
I'd just enjoy the sounds and sights before you get back to this s*** hole!
Have'nt you gone to Canada yet or are the Canadians having second thoughts on having new migrants of your calibre coming over to live.?........unless you have lived (not just visited) other countries you have not got a clue!!!!
stick to the other forum...loads like you on there!!!!!
Old Nov 28th 2007, 5:06 am
BE Forum Addict

brits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond reputebrits1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nu-Shooz
I know how you feel. I am doing exactly the same thing as you, but you are one step ahead.
I get annoyed, frustrated at the comments made about us going back. Why it bothers others so much is beyond me. Then you get the people who are yet to come over and go on about life-style, better cost of living, fully hyper charged know it all's
I just stay away from them. I have better things to do then dicuss what i'm doing with them.
Wish i was in your shoes now, i have to wait another 5 months.
Yep same old same old here.....everyone saying we are mad....but I just ignore them.....I realise I have never really had a lot in common with people who keep saying things like that to me....I do not and never will put my opionions across to other people the way some people have done to us here when they have heard we are going back...mostly I think they are just...how can I say this nicely.....rude and ignorant.....!!! wow that's made me feel better!!! anyway we are still planning on our return for March/April 08....cannot wait now really but still lots of stress and just wish I was there now with it all over and done with......
Good luck to anyone out there who is going home...just try and chill and enjoy time together while you can....easier said than done I know.....well it's either that or hit the "bottle""...only joking....
Jackie in Perth slowly melting away......oh to have a lovely crisp morning......frost on the car (yes I even miss that!!)