Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Old Friend New Chuckle

Old Friend New Chuckle

Old Sep 19th 2009, 3:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

melody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nice
Default Old Friend New Chuckle

This month I've been reconnecting with friends I haven't seen in over ten years. Something one of them said still has me chuckling a bit.

"We're friends (albeit long distance)" The distance? Bay Area to Stockton.
Old Sep 19th 2009, 4:52 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Old Friend New Chuckle

Originally Posted by melody32
This month I've been reconnecting with friends I haven't seen in over ten years. Something one of them said still has me chuckling a bit.

"We're friends (albeit long distance)" The distance? Bay Area to Stockton.
Old Sep 19th 2009, 5:41 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

This year, I've been trying to reconnect with old friends and not the best success.

Two were part of our gang in college and we kept in touch for about 5 or 6 years after. I've tracked them down, but no response to my messages.

I don't know if it's because I'm getting older that I'm trying to revisit the past or what.
Old Sep 19th 2009, 8:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

melody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nice

Originally Posted by cindyabs
This year, I've been trying to reconnect with old friends and not the best success.

Two were part of our gang in college and we kept in touch for about 5 or 6 years after. I've tracked them down, but no response to my messages.

I don't know if it's because I'm getting older that I'm trying to revisit the past or what.
l I hope you find better success in the future!!!

The internet has definately helped; but, it also takes the 'found' friend to want to reconnect. Found my high school best friend and except for one quick email with two sentences, I haven't heard anything since.

Talking with people from the past is way out of my comfort zone. Friends have always been from certain periods of time and never intermixed. Chalk it up to moving from base to base as a kid. Having too much fun to go back to the old way.
Old Sep 19th 2009, 9:53 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

I had a high school friend contact me, I wrote back and her dh said he'd pass it along, and she'd be getting her own email addy, I've never heard another word even though I'd love to. She was just teasing me
Old Sep 19th 2009, 10:00 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by melody32
l I hope you find better success in the future!!!

The internet has definately helped; but, it also takes the 'found' friend to want to reconnect. Found my high school best friend and except for one quick email with two sentences, I haven't heard anything since.

Talking with people from the past is way out of my comfort zone. Friends have always been from certain periods of time and never intermixed. Chalk it up to moving from base to base as a kid. Having too much fun to go back to the old way.
You know the funny thing is that the other Army folks we knew as long as 28 years ago STILL keep in touch.
Old Sep 19th 2009, 10:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

An old friend from college got in touch via Facebook recently - he's had me in stitches as he seems to have total recall of everyone we knew including a detailed run-down of everyone's dancing styles A few years ago I wasn't at all interested in meeting people from the past, with advancing years it seems to become more important. I loved having my old school mate over earlier this year and she's coming back with her husband in the spring.
Old Sep 20th 2009, 12:09 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

I've also been reconnecting with childhood friends, the best one I found was my neighborhood girl friend from when I was 8 and 9 years old, back in CT. I moved away from CT when I was 9 and saw her only once after that, when I was 13, but then never again. I found her on Facebook last year, it had been 40 years since we were friends back in CT. She still remembered me, too, and it was wonderful getting caught up!

The other amazing one was a boy I knew in 5th and 6th grade...I had a crush on him like crazy, but then both of us were too shy to date during high school. Last I saw of him was 1977, senior year of high school. He found me on Classmates.com a few years ago, it had been almost 30 years since we had talked. Good old times!
Old Sep 20th 2009, 12:16 am
The Unmod

paddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond reputepaddingtongreen has a reputation beyond repute

About four years ago, I saw a reference, on here, to Friends Reunited so I took a look. There were a bunch of my class had signed in, one, my best mate till he left at the end of fourth year, had a message for me to contact him if I found my way there. I hadn't seen him after he left to start an apprenticeship in 1950, I finished a year later, couldn't afford to stay on for A levels.

Edit. My mate and several others get together now and again. One woman remembers that I was the first person to tell her not do things with electricity with wet hands.

Last edited by paddingtongreen; Sep 20th 2009 at 12:18 am.
Old Sep 20th 2009, 12:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paddingtongreen
About four years ago, I saw a reference, on here, to Friends Reunited so I took a look. There were a bunch of my class had signed in, one, my best mate till he left at the end of fourth year, had a message for me to contact him if I found my way there. I hadn't seen him after he left to start an apprenticeship in 1950, I finished a year later, couldn't afford to stay on for A levels.

Edit. My mate and several others get together now and again. One woman remembers that I was the first person to tell her not do things with electricity with wet hands.
Wow!
Old Sep 20th 2009, 2:15 am
BE Forum Addict

lisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond reputelisa67 has a reputation beyond repute

A few years ago I went, with a bit of intrepidation, to a reunion of an orchestra I used to play in when i was in Secondary School. Although i had fun with the other players, I always felt a bit of an outsider so was a bit worried about going. I had a great time and laid to rest a few ghosts. It amazed me that one persons version of events can sometimes be completely different from another person's version
Old Sep 20th 2009, 6:04 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cindyabs
You know the funny thing is that the other Army folks we knew as long as 28 years ago STILL keep in touch.
that's GrEaT!!
Old Sep 21st 2009, 2:55 am
Account Closed

Optimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond reputeOptimus Prime has a reputation beyond repute

I had a few old schoolmates contact me through facebook. They're still tossers judging by the suck up crap they said to me so I'll continue to ignore until I need a kidney or something.
Old Sep 22nd 2009, 10:56 am
Sursum corda

Got a FB message last night to join my Pirate Crew, looked at the name and it's my son's Godmother back in Ohio. Haven't seen her since a flying trip for ex's mother's funeral 15 years ago, and we moved from Ohio 28 years ago.
So then I checked my FB messages, and she said that even though it had been a long time she considered me a close friend. Got loads of catching up to do.
Old Sep 22nd 2009, 7:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Oh I forgot, my estranged father asked to be my FB friend, so I accepted, heard no more though

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.