Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

The old country has gone to the dogs

The old country has gone to the dogs

Old Jun 19th 2016, 5:11 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The old country has gone to the dogs

One of my good friends here in Silicon Valley said they have a similar sign in the toilets at one of her clients, 'Varian'. Apparently they employ a good number of temporary "Indian" workers (as does much of Silicon Valley) and they have a real problem with the issue of people standing (squatting) on the seats and generally making a mess in the loos (relating to the first of the 6 items in the sign).
Old Jun 21st 2016, 10:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

I recommend a month travelling in the Sub-continent. That will iopen your eyes to the benefits of decent toilets !

Last edited by scot47; Jun 21st 2016 at 10:46 am.
Old Jun 22nd 2016, 6:13 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
If you put the toilet paper down the loo in my sister's houses in both Corfu and Athens you'd have to be the one to unblock it.
Who had the bright idea of 2" (50mm) sanitary drains in Greece and Turkey?
Old Jun 22nd 2016, 8:46 pm
Banned

dc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond repute

I remember the toilet I used in Alcira, Spain back in 1994. The water cistern was on the roof. When the chin was yanked the water dropped down a pipe into the bowl but there was no force or pressure consequently Harry the 8 inch turd just bobbed around going nowhere. Another yank produced the same results. I had to call the building janitor every morning to take care of the problem. If he thought I was the problem I thought that the Spanish must either shit like birds or discharge it like buckshot from a 12 gauge
Old Jun 22nd 2016, 9:07 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dc koop
I remember the toilet I used in Alcira, Spain back in 1994. The water cistern was on the roof. When the chin was yanked the water dropped down a pipe into the bowl but there was no force or pressure consequently Harry the 8 inch turd just bobbed around going nowhere.
Harry likely contained too much gas.
Old Jun 23rd 2016, 9:32 am
Joined on April fools day

Beaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scot47
I recommend a month travelling in the Sub-continent. That will iopen your eyes to the benefits of decent toilets !
I remember an out house at a state park in California in the mid 70's. Scorpions on the floor and all manner of flying and crawling insects below.
It was free however.