Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Now its School Bathrooms

Now its School Bathrooms

Old May 17th 2016, 6:29 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Now its School Bathrooms

Originally Posted by Boiler
We did not, any advice?
That's what the internet is for. Which is exactly where all of these kids are going to learn. Much better than the old days where we had to learn about it on the playground.
Old May 17th 2016, 7:58 am
BE Forum Addict

johnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie
That's what the internet is for. Which is exactly where all of these kids are going to learn. Much better than the old days where we had to learn about it on the playground.
I learned the theoretical side of sex in the playground, I learned the practical side from a girl that went to a posh all girls high school.
Old May 17th 2016, 8:09 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

I went to a boys school so more restrictive opportunities.
Old May 17th 2016, 1:30 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Erm ... how did you learn about how homosexuals practice sex?
Homosexuality: A Frank and Practical Approach to the Social and Medical Aspects of Male Homosexuality, by D.J. West, published 1955, from the school library. It's a bit dry, and now that I think about it, even though it is "frank" I'm not sure it actually got into the practical aspects.
Old May 17th 2016, 1:55 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dc koop
I'll tell you straight Leslie. . Some kids at my school used to talk about "bum boys" After a while I learned that it meant men who "did i in the back end". Bit of a surprise at the time but at eleven years of age just about everything is a surprise. There were plenty of names for these men, none of them nice but that was a long time ago.

This is not intended to insult or offend any gay members by the way but just to answer your somewhat directly put question

I never learned much of anything about sex from my parents. They just weren't the type to talk about the subject. There was no sex instruction at schools either at that time. There were some vague comments about going "blind" or "hairs growing on the palms of my hands" when my mom discovered a boatload of girlie magazines under my bed but that was the nearest I got to learning anything at home but by that stage I was pretty well clued up on sex anyway.

Like most kids of my generation sex instruction consisted of whispers and sniggers and scribblings and drawings on lavatory walls.

I knew very little about the diseases caused by sexual contact until I went into the army and like all soldiers learned through watching some rather graphic and frightening training films on the subject provided by the Medical Corps
It was much the same for me and I reckon it's similar with kids today. My parents never taught me ANYTHING about sex or even about the changes in my own body. I figured out how to deal with my period on my own mostly by quizzing friends and my older sisters --- and some trial and error (the women will know what I mean). It's kind of funny really and I imagine some parents still don't do the "birds and bees" talk. We definitely got the theory and mechanics from basic childish gossip. Kids today have access to so much more information and some of it will be wrong, shocking, and confusing. They'll work it out eventually. There's really no need for everybody to freak out so much.
Old May 17th 2016, 1:55 pm
WTF?

Originally Posted by robin1234
Homosexuality: A Frank and Practical Approach to the Social and Medical Aspects of Male Homosexuality, by D.J. West, published 1955, from the school library. It's a bit dry, and now that I think about it, even though it is "frank" I'm not sure it actually got into the practical aspects.
Sounds awful and fascinating all at the same time.
Old May 17th 2016, 2:24 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Kids today have access to so much more information and some of it will be wrong, shocking, and confusing. They'll work it out eventually. There's really no need for everybody to freak out so much.
Exactly. Kids don't need to know everything regarding sex. They don't want to know everything. When they ask a question they just want an answer not a lecture. Reminds me of something I was reading the other day. A guy was sitting with his brothers and his dad and his dad remembered the day 20 odd years back when his son asked him where he came from. The dad sat all the boys down and explained in detail. Turned out all the son wanted to know was whether he'd been born in a hospital or at home.
Old May 17th 2016, 2:42 pm
WTF?

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Exactly. Kids don't need to know everything regarding sex. They don't want to know everything. When they ask a question they just want an answer not a lecture. Reminds me of something I was reading the other day. A guy was sitting with his brothers and his dad and his dad remembered the day 20 odd years back when his son asked him where he came from. The dad sat all the boys down and explained in detail. Turned out all the son wanted to know was whether he'd been born in a hospital or at home.

I honestly believe that, in many cases, it would be better to let the kids figure it out themselves rather than be educated by parents with warped and ill informed ideas about sex.
Old May 17th 2016, 4:55 pm
Banned

dc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond repute

I honestly believe that, in many cases, it would be better to let the kids figure it out themselves rather than be educated by parents with warped and ill informed ideas about sex.
I think If I'd ever asked my mom about the birds and the bees she would have told me to go see my father. If I'd then asked my father he would have given me a long stare and replied "That's for thee to find out lad"

That's how it was. I was raised in a Yorkshire steel and mining environment. Plain spoken,. straight forward people but very close mouthed when it came to sex. It was a taboo subject
Old May 17th 2016, 8:26 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Ah, well a bit dry is where it all started going wrong. KY is apparently the go.
Old May 17th 2016, 10:40 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

[I]"frank"
Seems a bit mean to single him out.
Old May 18th 2016, 12:11 am
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dorothy
Ah, well a bit dry is where it all started going wrong. KY is apparently the go.
Yes I think Dr. West did mention that, although I don't think KY had been invented back then.
Old May 18th 2016, 12:19 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I think Dr. West did mention that, although I don't think KY had been invented back then.
Prior to 1904. Man, you is olddddddddd!
Old May 18th 2016, 4:55 am
Heading for Poppyland

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
Prior to 1904. Man, you is olddddddddd!
1904! I thought they were good with whale blubber back in those days! In fact, did they even HAVE sex back then?
Old May 23rd 2016, 1:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

mrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond repute

Sex ed appears to be taught in toilets in the South

Girl, 15, 'filmed on Snapchat having sex with up to 25 boys in school toilets' | Metro News