Wikiposts

Not moving at all

Old Apr 7th 2010, 5:37 pm
Forum Regular

Dills has a brilliant futureDills has a brilliant futureDills has a brilliant futureDills has a brilliant futureDills has a brilliant futureDills has a brilliant future
Default Re: Not moving at all

Originally Posted by quoll
It sounds like good logical reasoning to me, Dills! I must say I agree with you on pretty much all counts. Around here the things that dig into your feet are bindiis (bindy-eyes) and nasty little buggers they are too.

I just spent a month in UK Feb-March and was quite taken aback by the number of days which were nicely sunny, cold but sunny and quite pleasant to be outside. It's the variety that I crave after having lived here for 31 years - variety of scenery, weather (it's a sad old life when you live indoors scouring the bom site for a patch of blue rain because it is too hot to go outside!!!), entertainment, shops, buildings etc. And one other thing which I adore in UK that I never get here anymore is birdsong - we live in the "bush capital" where the prevalent bird noise is cockatoo screeching (can you hear it? I swear it is loud enough!), magpies and indian mynahs - it's all so loud and downright cacaphonic. I just love walking out in my folks' village and hearing REAL birdsong, tuneful and sweet.

Enjoy the summer Dills, you've got a good range of places to visit!
I had forgotten all about the squaky birds, its surprising what we eliminate from our memories when we want to. I swear I had brainwashed myself that Australia was where I was heading, sold it to the kids and myself, then I started reading all the realife stories on here and the haze lifted and the memories are flooding back. Like the cockroaches, now as a child I didnt have to deal with them lol, but going back as an adult I would have to and I cant stand the things, especially the flying ones, I am sure some used to fly, I remember counting how many crashed into the flyscreen of our house. Also I remember my mum sitting by the open door waiting for the Freemantle doctor, if I remember correctly it was a breeze that used to come in at about 5pm, as we didnt have air con in our house (dont know how we survived now).

I will enjoy the Summer Quoll, and I am determined to start putting all my energies into visiting places that are literally on my doorstep, but as ever we take for granted. I am also seeing things from a renewed perspective, I took my youngest daughter to play at her friends house yesterday in a place called badgeworth, its a tiny little village, but its beautiful, the house she went to is about 200 years old, ours is 100 years old, with a thatched roof about a stones throw from an ancient church, we dropped her off, then me and my eldest daugher walked around the church yard, it was a lovely sunny day, surrounded by rolling hills and yes the birds were singing, It felt great to finally be appreciating what I already have.
Old Apr 8th 2010, 3:03 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dills
So I have finally made my decision, that everything I hold dear is right here in the UK, I have told the kids, who arent bothered about moving anymore, instead we intend to spend the visa application money doing our house up and going on holiday, its a relief really and I would like to thank this forum, for all the honest posts about life in Oz.
A courageous decision, but based on what you say, could well be the right decision for you and saved you from an expensive mistake.
Old Apr 8th 2010, 5:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

livinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond reputelivinginreality has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JAJ
A courageous decision, but based on what you say, could well be the right decision for you and saved you from an expensive mistake.
Why courageous?
Old Apr 9th 2010, 2:58 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by livinginreality
Why courageous?
Courageous because often, once people start considering emigration, it's easy to become attached to the idea. Especially if there is peer pressure to migrate. It often takes some courage to decide not to migrate, if already part-way down the road.
Old Apr 10th 2010, 3:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

cally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond reputecally49 has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Not moving at all

Originally Posted by king kong
good post , i returned in november 09 ,no regrets at all coming home to the uk . After 20 years i thought it would be hard , but no its not .Better go off to brugge on the piss for 5 days with my aussie son ,boat to catch . Ah bliss the life of choice at last ...........................................
Thought you were trying to get him to stop drinking Mr Kong lol you crack me up...........xxxx