Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Not Letting Distance Drive You Crazy

Not Letting Distance Drive You Crazy

Old Sep 16th 2008, 4:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Deedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Not Letting Distance Drive You Crazy

Originally Posted by Ray
My wife keeps my wallet and credit card ..says it make her feel safe ..
i am sure it does ray! Did you ever get ur disabled parking sticker.. she needs to keep a hold of that too and she would feel a hell of a lot safer !!
i know one day my OH said to me when I was down, the sun will always come up in the morning. And its something i always think about when i am down and peed off. The pic was lovely by the way...
Old Sep 16th 2008, 4:59 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Deedee13
i am sure it does ray! Did you ever get ur disabled parking sticker.. ...
Lets just say I have one now..... and not ask too many questions

The pic was lovely by the way...
What pic???
Old Sep 16th 2008, 3:30 pm
Lurk Lurk Lurk

tinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of lighttinaflorida is a glorious beacon of light

I wish this site had been around when we did it in the late '90s...

It's not easy to keep up the relationship across the miles. But it was so worth it for the times we did get to spend together. In between those times, we kept in touch every day whether by phone or Internet.

We chatted a lot on Compuserve and Yahoo, I spent a fortune on phone bills and Internet bills (cost a lot more in the UK!). We both spent a lot on flights too. I could have racked up so many air miles during the two years we spent either side of the pond.

And we sent each other a lot of little gifts too. He used to travel a lot around the US for his job, so he'd send me little souvenir. And we always made each other lots of mix tapes (this was before most people could burn CDs!).

All the best to you both.
Old Sep 16th 2008, 8:28 pm
Britcentric.

Dozy Yank is just really niceDozy Yank is just really niceDozy Yank is just really niceDozy Yank is just really niceDozy Yank is just really niceDozy Yank is just really niceDozy Yank is just really niceDozy Yank is just really niceDozy Yank is just really nice

Thank youuuu!
Old Sep 15th 2009, 2:52 pm
Britcentric.

Dozy Yank is just really niceDozy Yank is just really niceDozy Yank is just really niceDozy Yank is just really niceDozy Yank is just really niceDozy Yank is just really niceDozy Yank is just really niceDozy Yank is just really niceDozy Yank is just really nice

I'm not sure how many of you guys remember me, if any! My name's Becky, and I started this thred a year ago today.

It's been a year, like I JUST said (duh, Beck) and my boyfriend and I are still going strong. We are going to be going the Fiance Visa route here in a little over a month or so.

Excited!

I'm going to do some back reading, but just wanted to shove this thread back to the top and say hello.
Old Sep 15th 2009, 3:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dozy Yank
Hey all!

Sorry, I did do a search for "dealing with distance," but didn't find exactly what I was looking for.

Simply put, for those of you who are in relationships and are separated by thousands of miles and a several-hour time difference, what things do you do, think or say that help you cope?

Sure, I have nice texts to look at, sweet emails to re-read and awesome physical things (collage, clothing, aftershave, etc) that remind me of a great time, but these items also cause pangs of sadness and cause me to me miss him even more.

So, what helps you guys? I don't know if I'm looking for an answer for myself, or if I am just trying to take a consensus, but I would like to know what sorts of things bring you separated loves comfort.

Thanks!
Lots of phone calls, lots of trips and finally marriage.
Old Sep 15th 2009, 3:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not sure how many of you guys remember me, if any! My name's Becky, and I started this thred a year ago today.

It's been a year, like I JUST said (duh, Beck) and my boyfriend and I are still going strong. We are going to be going the Fiance Visa route here in a little over a month or so.

Excited!

I'm going to do some back reading, but just wanted to shove this thread back to the top and say hello.
Hello!

Duh, I didn't even read the date! Glad things are still going well for you and your boyfriend!
Old Sep 15th 2009, 3:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Madelina has a reputation beyond reputeMadelina has a reputation beyond reputeMadelina has a reputation beyond reputeMadelina has a reputation beyond reputeMadelina has a reputation beyond reputeMadelina has a reputation beyond reputeMadelina has a reputation beyond reputeMadelina has a reputation beyond reputeMadelina has a reputation beyond reputeMadelina has a reputation beyond reputeMadelina has a reputation beyond repute

ooh i didnt read it either, but how cool that you have lasted I've been back and forth to the States since Nov 2007, and finally we're talking of plans and visas.... so like most everyone here, i understand totally the hardship and heartache of time and distance between you... but, i also think that our relationship has stood so much that we will never take eachother for granted once we have eachother fully, and i think that will make us work harder, and ultimately be happier....
course, thats everyone's plan here's hoping it works out - i''m too old to do all this again!!!

Last edited by Madelina; Sep 15th 2009 at 3:58 pm. Reason: because i'm a dufus who can't spell
Old Sep 15th 2009, 4:03 pm
Britcentric.

My boyfriend has visited three times, and I think he loves it a little more each time. We have seen each other through some really hard times, and I feel about him like I’ve never felt about another. Hokey? Sure, but true.

He goes back to England Saturday (BUMMED) but we’re hoping his next visit in the start of 2010 will be permanent.

Old Sep 15th 2009, 4:25 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

we’re hoping his next visit in the start of 2010 will be permanent.
I'm sure it won't be a visit, then. He'll have his visa and it will be his Big Move.
Old Sep 15th 2009, 4:28 pm
Britcentric.

Originally Posted by meauxna
I'm sure it won't be a visit, then. He'll have his visa and it will be his Big Move.
Touche!!!! <3
Old Sep 15th 2009, 4:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

hopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond reputehopeful_Mark has a reputation beyond repute

The miles really don't matter if you are in love, if anything they strengthen your feelings. Well thats true for me anyway. Good luck and I hope Saturday is the last time you have to say goodbye at the airport.
Old Sep 15th 2009, 4:55 pm
Britcentric.

Originally Posted by hopeful_Mark
The miles really don't matter if you are in love, if anything they strengthen your feelings. Well thats true for me anyway. Good luck and I hope Saturday is the last time you have to say goodbye at the airport.
Thanks, Mark. I'd have to say that's true for me, too. What started as a "We'll never meet, but let's chat online" thing has blossomed into a marriage in the not too distant future.
Old Sep 15th 2009, 8:07 pm
You aint seen me, right?

SpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond repute

I spent the first 2 years in the UK whilst my wife was over here. We visited each other about 4 times during that time for a month each time, we also spoke pretty much every day online or on the phone and I spent the rest of my time working or playing World of Warcraft
Old Sep 19th 2009, 3:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

melody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nice

Originally Posted by SecretGarden
Me too! Can't ya tell? I mean, who the hell keeps a coffee mug ring on their counter for two weeks just to know he was there??

~SG
It's visible proof! For me it was keeping his soda can because he is the only one I know who would turn the tab to the right to say it was his.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.