Not Happy with....

Old Apr 10th 2021, 6:54 pm
USA 2017

ivanidea has a reputation beyond reputeivanidea has a reputation beyond reputeivanidea has a reputation beyond reputeivanidea has a reputation beyond reputeivanidea has a reputation beyond reputeivanidea has a reputation beyond reputeivanidea has a reputation beyond reputeivanidea has a reputation beyond reputeivanidea has a reputation beyond reputeivanidea has a reputation beyond reputeivanidea has a reputation beyond repute
Default Not Happy with....

The US Passport authority.

I provided my brand new and pristine certificate of naturalization, and they returned it with a receipt stapled to it, there are also 3 more staple holes around the edges. Not only that, the certificate is showing signs of water damage, which judging by the pristine envelope, must have occurred whilst they were processing my application.

Whilst the certificate is not physically damaged, and should still be usable, it is annoying that they didn't take good care of it.

Just need to take it to get get my SS status updated, then it can be locked away. At least I took a copy of, which I can frame and display on my wall of certificates.

Thank you for allowing me to rant and get it out of my system. Time to move on and forget about it, and enjoy being a citizen.
Old Apr 10th 2021, 7:11 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Not Happy with....

Sorry for their carelessness. Jim's was treated kindly and is properly mounted and hung on the wall along with the US Flag which was flown over the Capitol Building in his name.
Old Apr 10th 2021, 8:26 pm
BE Irregular

RICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
Sorry for their carelessness. Jim's was treated kindly and is properly mounted and hung on the wall along with the US Flag which was flown over the Capitol Building in his name.
Please elaborate about the flag!
OP I am happy to hear that is the worst thing you are concerned about in these tmes 😜
Old Apr 10th 2021, 10:30 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Now that you have a US PP, you don't really need it anyway as long as you don't a) lose the passport and b) keep it renewed.
Old Apr 11th 2021, 5:28 pm
USA 2017

ivanidea has a reputation beyond reputeivanidea has a reputation beyond reputeivanidea has a reputation beyond reputeivanidea has a reputation beyond reputeivanidea has a reputation beyond reputeivanidea has a reputation beyond reputeivanidea has a reputation beyond reputeivanidea has a reputation beyond reputeivanidea has a reputation beyond reputeivanidea has a reputation beyond reputeivanidea has a reputation beyond repute

Just to add that my application was dealt by Miami, FL. Maybe I was just unlucky, or the Miami center was careless.

On the plus side, it took 5 weeks to get my (expediated) passport.
Old Apr 11th 2021, 10:06 pm
tht
DE-UK-NZ-IE-US... the TYP

tht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ivanidea

I provided my brand new and pristine certificate of naturalization, and they returned it with a receipt stapled to it, there are also 3 more staple holes around the edges. Not only that, the certificate is showing signs of water damage, which judging by the pristine envelope, must have occurred whilst they were processing my application.

Whilst the certificate is not physically damaged, and should still be usable, it is annoying that they didn't take good care of it.

Just need to take it to get get my SS status updated, then it can be locked away. At least I took a copy of, which I can frame and display on my wall of certificates.

Thank you for allowing me to rant and get it out of my system. Time to move on and forget about it, and enjoy being a citizen.
Mine had 2 staple holes in 1 corner as well. I don’t think the passport office is as worried about it as we might be. The letter from the white-house and the flag flag the senator gave me are still in pristine condition in the fire safe, but I don’t think the wife would let me display the letter because it’s signed by the supreme leader in 2019.... add that to the list of rights a US citizen has that are subject to her superior jurisdiction at home.
Old Apr 12th 2021, 1:22 am
Forum Regular

steph0scope has a reputation beyond reputesteph0scope has a reputation beyond reputesteph0scope has a reputation beyond reputesteph0scope has a reputation beyond reputesteph0scope has a reputation beyond reputesteph0scope has a reputation beyond reputesteph0scope has a reputation beyond reputesteph0scope has a reputation beyond reputesteph0scope has a reputation beyond reputesteph0scope has a reputation beyond reputesteph0scope has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tht
The letter from the white-house and the flag flag the senator gave me are still in pristine condition in the fire safe, but I don’t think the wife would let me display the letter because it’s signed by the supreme leader in 2019.... add that to the list of rights a US citizen has that are subject to her superior jurisdiction at home.
Under the current leader you don’t even get a letter from the White House.
Old Apr 12th 2021, 5:23 pm
tht
DE-UK-NZ-IE-US... the TYP

tht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond reputetht has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steph0scope
Under the current leader you don’t even get a letter from the White House.
maybe it just slipped his mind... Blumenthal was there in person to try and acquire new voters...
Old Apr 17th 2021, 4:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

TimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond reputeTimFountain has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ivanidea

I found it ironic is that my certificate has a big red stamp on it that says it's against the law to photo or copy the certificate. The first piece of advise I was given at the ceremony was to make copies to keep in a safe place and keep a photo on your phone.....
Old Apr 18th 2021, 1:12 am
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TimFountain
I found it ironic is that my certificate has a big red stamp on it that says it's against the law to photo or copy the certificate. The first piece of advise I was given at the ceremony was to make copies to keep in a safe place and keep a photo on your phone.....
Reread the certificate. The prohibition is to copy for unlawful purpose. Decades ago, it was a flat prohibition, but no longer.