Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Not the call, but thought it was

Not the call, but thought it was

Old May 7th 2012, 12:54 pm

penguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Not the call, but thought it was

I woke up this morning to a blinking light and a caller ID that said my folks had called at 3:37 am and left a voice mail. They know the time difference. It wasn't just a random accident. I was rushing to get to the playback on the voice mail expecting some pretty serious stuff.

It wasn't. "Just felt like leaving you a message. Ha ha. Good morning when you wake up. Talk to you later." I was actually a bit annoyed.

Anyone else get worried when the phone rings in the middle of the night?
Old May 7th 2012, 1:17 pm
Forum Regular

NSBlake is a name known to allNSBlake is a name known to allNSBlake is a name known to allNSBlake is a name known to allNSBlake is a name known to allNSBlake is a name known to allNSBlake is a name known to allNSBlake is a name known to allNSBlake is a name known to allNSBlake is a name known to allNSBlake is a name known to all
Default Re: Not the call, but thought it was

Originally Posted by penguinsix
I woke up this morning to a blinking light and a caller ID that said my folks had called at 3:37 am and left a voice mail. They know the time difference. It wasn't just a random accident. I was rushing to get to the playback on the voice mail expecting some pretty serious stuff.

It wasn't. "Just felt like leaving you a message. Ha ha. Good morning when you wake up. Talk to you later." I was actually a bit annoyed.

Most definitely - however my family doesn't ring each other after 9pm so anything after that always worries me (very annoying when your wife's family thinks 10pm is a good time to start calling people.................)
Old May 7th 2012, 1:20 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NSBlake
Most definitely - however my family doesn't ring each other after 9pm so anything after that always worries me (very annoying when your wife's family thinks 10pm is a good time to start calling people.................)
Time wise I think you're going in the wrong direction..3.37am EST is 8.37am UK time.
Old May 7th 2012, 7:51 pm
Forum Regular

NSBlake is a name known to allNSBlake is a name known to allNSBlake is a name known to allNSBlake is a name known to allNSBlake is a name known to allNSBlake is a name known to allNSBlake is a name known to allNSBlake is a name known to allNSBlake is a name known to allNSBlake is a name known to allNSBlake is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Time wise I think you're going in the wrong direction..3.37am EST is 8.37am UK time.
I was going on the "in the middle of the night" - and 11pm is kind of there.
Old May 7th 2012, 9:44 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

Yikes it makes your heart stop for a moment when you see a missed call from UK doesn't it
Old May 7th 2012, 10:03 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
Yikes it makes your heart stop for a moment when you see a missed call from UK doesn't it
I've had a few from my mum where we'll get in in the afternoon and the caller ID shows a call from her at what would be a funny hour in the morning for her. I call her back right away and she doesn't answer, next day we discover that she'd just thought of something and wanted to ring me before she forgot, the daft mare
Old May 7th 2012, 10:05 pm
Banned

Primula has a spectacular aura aboutPrimula has a spectacular aura aboutPrimula has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Mummy in the foothills
Better than receiving an email informing one that someone has died. This has happened to me more than once when a telephone call would have been far more appropriate.
Old May 7th 2012, 10:17 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by penguinsix

Yes. All the time.

It's usually someone that has either died or gone to hospital from the wifes extended family though.