Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

North Carolina may have to open toilets to all.

Wikiposts

North Carolina may have to open toilets to all.

Old Apr 21st 2016, 7:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: North Carolina may have to open toilets to all.

Originally Posted by lansbury
Can I go in the female ones then even if I'm not a tranny.
Do you identify as a female?

"Tranny". Another interesting choice of word on your part:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tranny_(slang)
Old Apr 21st 2016, 7:09 am
Forum Regular

Matt Sabre has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Sabre has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Sabre has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Sabre has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Sabre has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Sabre has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Sabre has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Sabre has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Sabre has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Sabre has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Sabre has a reputation beyond repute

How do you know what I need, or feel I should be allowed to decide for myself.
Well because you just said that currently you don't get a choice. it's fair to assume that you aren't trans or LGBT.

Are you?
Old Apr 21st 2016, 7:09 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Can I go in the female ones then even if I'm not a tranny.
How does anybody know what you are?
Old Apr 21st 2016, 7:20 am

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
How does anybody know what you are?
Well there must be a problem with knowing who people are otherwise there wouldn't have been a perceived problem that some thought needed a law to correct. Why are there separate rest rooms to start with. Why do they have men and women signs on the door, that in itself is discriminatory.
Old Apr 21st 2016, 7:24 am
Return of bouncing girl!

Wintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond repute

My whole point. They are being given a choice. I do not get a choice therefore they are not being treated equally.
Wrong - you also have a choice. You can use the bathroom for the sex with which you identify or you can break the law. That's a darn sight better than the choice given to trans people which, again, is to use a bathroom which is contrary to the way they identify, look and dress, or to break the law.

For example, this person is biologically female and would be required to use a women's bathroom or break the law. If he walked into a women's bathroom, in compliance with the law, how do you think the women inside the bathroom would react? How do you suppose he would go about proving that he was actually complying with the law? How anyone can fail to see how ridiculous, demeaning and discriminatory this would be is completely beyond me.

Old Apr 21st 2016, 7:24 am

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Giantaxe
Do you identify as a female?
I'm a person as is everyone else. Attempting to label people as you are is not treating each person equally. When we stop giving people labels we just might be someway to actually stopping discriminating against people who are seen as different.

"Tranny". Another interesting choice of word on your part:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tranny_(slang)
Why do you have to think about my choice of words, and put some meaning to them of your own bias and making?
Old Apr 21st 2016, 7:28 am

Originally Posted by Wintersong
If he walked into a women's bathroom, in compliance with the law, how do you think the women inside the bathroom would react?
Then they are judging someone, a women, just based on their looks. How anyone can fail to see how ridiculous, demeaning and discriminatory that would be is completely beyond me.
Old Apr 21st 2016, 7:49 am
Return of bouncing girl!

Wintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond repute

Then they are judging someone, a women, just based on their looks. How anyone can fail to see how ridiculous, demeaning and discriminatory that would be is completely beyond me.

Maybe you could try asking a transgender person which scenario they would find ridiculous, demeaning and discriminatory.
Old Apr 21st 2016, 7:55 am
Banned

themadpooper has a reputation beyond reputethemadpooper has a reputation beyond reputethemadpooper has a reputation beyond reputethemadpooper has a reputation beyond reputethemadpooper has a reputation beyond reputethemadpooper has a reputation beyond reputethemadpooper has a reputation beyond reputethemadpooper has a reputation beyond reputethemadpooper has a reputation beyond reputethemadpooper has a reputation beyond reputethemadpooper has a reputation beyond repute

If you're cool for your young daughter to share a bathroom with a bloke in a wig, then more power to you. Personally, I wouldn't be comfortable with that and neither could I envisage being comfortable with it if I was the child. Self entitlement among minorities is all very well and good but when it infringes on the potential safety of public facilities then a line needs to be drawn and that's what the democratically elected legislature in North Carolina have done. Preachy liberals need to wind their necks in
Old Apr 21st 2016, 8:06 am

Maybe you could try asking a transgender person which scenario they would find ridiculous, demeaning and discriminatory.
The answer is not to give people a choice of which rest room to use, but to make all rest rooms gender neutral. Then when that has become the normal it wouldn't matter. But you prefer to judge those that hold a different view to yourself, and a different way of solving an issue.
Old Apr 21st 2016, 8:09 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

I want to be able to choose where I sit or stand, not be stuck in the back of the bus.
Old Apr 21st 2016, 8:21 am

Originally Posted by Boiler
I want to be able to choose where I sit or stand, not be stuck in the back of the bus.
Buses are gender neutral, you can go in anyone.
Old Apr 21st 2016, 8:23 am
Return of bouncing girl!

The answer is not to give people a choice of which rest room to use, but to make all rest rooms gender neutral. Then when that has become the normal it wouldn't matter. But you prefer to judge those that hold a different view to yourself, and a different way of solving an issue.
Not sure where that last sentence came from, since I have at no point judged anyone and I happen to agree that gender neutral bathrooms would be a good resolution. Now who's judging who?
Old Apr 21st 2016, 8:30 am
BE Forum Addict

ddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond reputeddsrph has a reputation beyond repute

Wrong - you also have a choice. You can use the bathroom for the sex with which you identify or you can break the law. That's a darn sight better than the choice given to trans people which, again, is to use a bathroom which is contrary to the way they identify, look and dress, or to break the law.

For example, this person is biologically female and would be required to use a women's bathroom or break the law. If he walked into a women's bathroom, in compliance with the law, how do you think the women inside the bathroom would react? How do you suppose he would go about proving that he was actually complying with the law? How anyone can fail to see how ridiculous, demeaning and discriminatory this would be is completely beyond me.

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images...2/S_x4Vxr5.jpg
Wintersong
This post makes your point in spades. Well done. There would be screaming if this person walked into a women's rest room.
Old Apr 21st 2016, 8:37 am

Not sure where that last sentence came from, since I have at no point judged anyone and I happen to agree that gender neutral bathrooms would be a good resolution. Now who's judging who?
I think the tone of yours and other comments have convey that anyone who disagrees of giving people the choice of which rest room to use is anti trans.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.