Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

North Carolina may have to open toilets to all.

Wikiposts

North Carolina may have to open toilets to all.

Old Apr 21st 2016, 6:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: North Carolina may have to open toilets to all.

Originally Posted by lansbury
The LGBT crowd go on about being treated equally yet they want the special treatment of choosing which bathroom they can use. I don't get such a choice. If they want equality they should be prepared to accept the pros and cons of it.
So if someone has a sex change operation, you are ok with that person being required to use the bathroom of their prior gender as would be the case in North Carolina?

I don't really see what this has to do directly with the "LGBT crowd" (as you "charmingly" phrase it). The impetus for these laws (and it's hardly limited to bathrooms) is pretty clearly coming from people that are unable to accept the rights that courts have granted LGBT people in recent history.

Last edited by Giantaxe; Apr 21st 2016 at 6:28 am.
Old Apr 21st 2016, 6:27 am
Forum Regular

Matt Sabre has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Sabre has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Sabre has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Sabre has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Sabre has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Sabre has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Sabre has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Sabre has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Sabre has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Sabre has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Sabre has a reputation beyond repute

"The LGBT crowd" encompasses quite a lot of different folks. Are you saying they should all be using the same bathroom, different from hetero folks?

By saying 'if they want equality' you also seem to be acknowledging that they aren't being treated equally fairly now.
Old Apr 21st 2016, 6:28 am
Return of bouncing girl!

Wintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lansbury
The LGBT crowd go on about being treated equally yet they want the special treatment of choosing which bathroom they can use. I don't get such a choice. If they want equality they should be prepared to accept the pros and cons of it.
The choice which is being given to trans people with the introduction of these laws is to either use a bathroom which will cause comment/alarm/concern/inappropriate questions based on their physical appearance and clothing, or to break the law. Both of those scenarios are completely unacceptable and just about the opposite of equality.
Old Apr 21st 2016, 6:29 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Could this be the defining civil rights issue of our age?

Free the Toilet.
Old Apr 21st 2016, 6:34 am
Return of bouncing girl!

Wintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
Could this be the defining civil rights issue of our age?

Free the Toilet.
I'm making the banners right now. Hope it doesn't rain during the march, though - the paper has a tendency to disintegrate when wet.
Old Apr 21st 2016, 6:36 am
Forum Regular

Matt Sabre has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Sabre has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Sabre has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Sabre has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Sabre has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Sabre has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Sabre has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Sabre has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Sabre has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Sabre has a reputation beyond reputeMatt Sabre has a reputation beyond repute

Does anybody else still find those toilet gaskets funny? Even after all these years it still amuses me that somebody came up with that idea.
Old Apr 21st 2016, 6:38 am
Account Closed

Old Apr 21st 2016, 6:47 am
BE Forum Addict

Anian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond repute

I find it funny that some women are openly happy to force someone who looks like a man to use their bathroom (where there may be children - it's always about the children, won't somebody think about the children?) just in case someone who was born male and looks male may suddenly have the idea to expose themselves in the women's toilets, as if it was common before this law was proposed.

But they are completely happy keeping those sex offenders in the men's toilets where boys are, because somehow that is okay.

Last edited by Anian; Apr 21st 2016 at 8:42 am. Reason: missed a
Old Apr 21st 2016, 6:55 am
Return of bouncing girl!

Originally Posted by Anian
I find it funny that women are openly happy to force someone who looks like a man to use their bathroom (where there may be children - it's always about the children, won't somebody think about the children?) just in case someone who was born male and looks male may suddenly have the idea to expose themselves in the women's toilets, as if it was common before this law was proposed.

But they are completely happy keeping those sex offenders in the men's toilets where boys are, because somehow that is okay.
Less of the sweeping generalisations, please
Old Apr 21st 2016, 7:03 am

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wintersong
The choice which is being given to trans people
My whole point. They are being given a choice. I do not get a choice therefore they are not being treated equally.
Old Apr 21st 2016, 7:04 am
Account Closed

I thought we all now get a choice?
Old Apr 21st 2016, 7:05 am

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

There should just be communal toilets. Like most homes have. Problem solved.
Old Apr 21st 2016, 7:05 am
Forum Regular

But you don't need that choice.
Old Apr 21st 2016, 7:06 am

Originally Posted by Boiler
I thought we all now get a choice?
Can I go in the female ones then even if I'm not a tranny.
Old Apr 21st 2016, 7:07 am

Originally Posted by Matt Sabre
But you don't need that choice.
How do you know what I need, or feel I should be allowed to decide for myself.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.