North Carolina

Old Sep 22nd 2016, 5:02 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default North Carolina

Hope everybody is OK, CNN is doing wall to wall coverage. I think Mr P is some way away from the action.
Old Sep 22nd 2016, 9:24 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: North Carolina

I have been hiding under the stairs since yesterday, just in case.
Old Sep 22nd 2016, 9:31 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Pulaski
I have been hiding under the stairs since yesterday, just in case.
Wow

You must have tall stairs.

CNN I think have just gone over 20 hours solid.

Do you have enough supplies to see it out
Old Sep 22nd 2016, 9:34 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
...... Do you have enough supplies to see it out. .....
I have several thousand shells. Do you think that will be enough?
Old Sep 22nd 2016, 9:37 pm
Account Closed

Not sure

Is Amazon still delivering?
Old Sep 22nd 2016, 9:39 pm

Not sure

Is Amazon still delivering?
To a war zone? I sincerely doubt it!

I probably have access to enough deer and rabbits for us to see the year out, but if there isn't relief before the New Year, I might have to move on to harvesting squirrels and groundhogs.

Last edited by Pulaski; Sep 22nd 2016 at 9:51 pm.
Old Sep 22nd 2016, 9:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

MMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond repute

CNN is doing wall to wall coverage.
Wow
CNN I think have just gone over 20 hours solid.
I have a love, well, more like, like / hate relationship with CNN....
They seem to exhibit a certain breathless glee over their continual "CNN BREAKING NEWS" alerts.
And when something really does warrant that banner - their coverage tends to the exploitative. Hence.....20 hours solid
Old Sep 23rd 2016, 2:03 am
Account Closed

Midnight curfew, no partying tonight.
Old Sep 23rd 2016, 2:50 am

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute

I moved back to New Jersey almost four weeks ago and have just spent the last two days on Jury Service.

Most of the time at the Superior Court was spent in waiting rooms.....they call up 450 people at a time here in Essex County ( I am just inside the county, we are 10 miles west of Newark airport). Three of the waiting rooms had televisions....we potential jurors had the choice of watching HGTV, ESPN or CNN. I did spend a couple of hours in a waiting room with CNN until I could take no more...it was so overbearing.

There were lots of black jurors in the waiting room too, I would have liked to have engaged in some kind of discourse on the events in Charlotte, but I'm ashamed to say that I was too much of a coward

(Btw - Newark, NJ is a dangerous city....lots of murders and gang related crimes. There was a lot of middle class flight to the suburbs during the race riots in the late 1960s).

I was called into a court room for jury selection for the trial of a very young guy (approx 20 years old) whom allegedly murdered two people on two seperate occasions as well as 5 counts of unlawful possession of firearms and 1 count of witness tampering. I was dismissed from serving as a jury for this trial but I was surprised to see the defendant in the court room before the trial began...and he looked me in the eyes. I felt pretty uncomfortable when he looked at me TBH and I did wonder if he and/or his attorney would not have been happy for a Caucasian woman to be a member of the jury?
Old Sep 23rd 2016, 4:58 am
Banned

dc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond repute

Businesses are getting trashed. white people beaten up by hooligans and thugs. This isn't what protest is all about. Obama and the Attorney General need to grow balls and stop the mealy mouthed rhetoric and instead tell it like it is.
Old Sep 23rd 2016, 8:31 am
Joined on April fools day

Beaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dc koop
Businesses are getting trashed. white people beaten up by hooligans and thugs. This isn't what protest is all about. Obama and the Attorney General need to grow balls and stop the mealy mouthed rhetoric and instead tell it like it is.
I believe that President Obama and Attorney General Lynch are sympathetic to the rioters.
Old Sep 23rd 2016, 12:12 pm
Sasstronaut

livinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond reputelivinginnyc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Englishmum
(Btw - Newark, NJ is a dangerous city....lots of murders and gang related crimes. There was a lot of middle class flight to the suburbs during the race riots in the late 1960s).
Oh yes. Newark is our nearest international airport.... When I used to visit here, I used to do a full day of work and then fly out of the UK... usually landing somewhere between midnight and 1am. Driving through Newark to get to the GSP was always an adrenaline fueled experience.

Originally Posted by Englishmum
...he looked me in the eyes. I felt pretty uncomfortable when he looked at me TBH
That's really unsettling. Did he do it to anyone else? surely that could be seen as attempting to intimidate the jury (if seen?), did you find out what his crime was?
Old Sep 23rd 2016, 12:36 pm
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

If CNN were not there would the riots folks still bother to riot ?
My Q is are the news people provoking the anger ?
Old Sep 23rd 2016, 12:56 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dc koop
I don't have a television, I'm not really following the news much this week. Saw this in a BBC article;
Charlotte shooting sparks days of protests over police violence - BBC News
On Thursday, demonstrators protesting against Mr Scott's death defied a curfew put into force by the city's mayor on Thursday - running from midnight to 06:00.
According to Cpt Mike Campagna, officers did not enforce the curfew as protests were largely peaceful, with some on the street singing gospel songs.
However Charlotte police reported two officers were injured.
"Protests were largely peaceful", according to the police. So why would the U.S. government get involved?
Old Sep 23rd 2016, 1:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Orangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robin1234

"Protests were largely peaceful", according to the police. So why would the U.S. government get involved?
It didn't stay that way unfortunately and there was rioting in the city, violent protesters blocked I-85, pulled people out of cars, set fires and looted semi- trucks. I believe that most of the the city was empty yesterday as companies told workers to stay away.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.