Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

No Way to Treat Your Husband

No Way to Treat Your Husband

Old Dec 21st 2019, 7:39 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute
Default No Way to Treat Your Husband

The poor old sod is 98 years old. He and Queenie have been married for 72 years. He gets taken into hospital and she buggers off on her Christmas holiday, and leaves him on his own. I would be very upset if Mrs L did that to me.
Old Dec 21st 2019, 7:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

zzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: No Way to Treat Your Husband

Originally Posted by lansbury
The poor old sod is 98 years old. He and Queenie have been married for 72 years. He gets taken into hospital and she buggers off on her Christmas holiday, and leaves him on his own. I would be very upset if Mrs L did that to me.
But you think like a normal person and they most definitely aren't.

I'm sure Andy coul always pop in with a couple of fifteen year olds...
Old Dec 21st 2019, 8:39 pm
Turning into a PA gal!

lizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond repute

She just wants him out of her hair for a few days while she gets everything ready for Christmas without the "my mum never did it like that" comments.
Old Dec 21st 2019, 9:34 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lizzyq
She just wants him out of her hair for a few days while she gets everything ready for Christmas without the "my mum never did it like that" comments.
He might be out of her hair for longer than a few days if his luck runs out.
Old Dec 22nd 2019, 3:04 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Or he hasn't bought her a pressie yet and he needs a few days to figure out what to get. Probably be down Peckham market tomorrow to see what Del Boy is flogging
Old Dec 22nd 2019, 7:51 am
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Princess Andrew of Greece and Denmark was an admirable woman in many ways. But I doubt if preparing for an English royal Christmas was one of her strong points.
Old Dec 22nd 2019, 1:38 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robin1234

Princess Andrew of Greece and Denmark was an admirable woman in many ways. But I doubt if preparing for an English royal Christmas was one of her strong points.
Honest answer please: Did you know who his mother was ( her title)off the top of your head or did you Google?
Old Dec 22nd 2019, 3:32 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma
Honest answer please: Did you know who his mother was ( her title)off the top of your head or did you Google?

Can’t remember.
Maybe I used a reference source of some description.
Old Dec 22nd 2019, 6:04 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Oh my! After 72 years of marriage, the little lady deserves a Christmas holiday without the old man. He's not on his own. He's in a hospital with three square a day, a clean bed, pretty nurses to look after him and he's laying there thinking "I should have done this last year."
Old Dec 22nd 2019, 6:31 pm
Forum Regular

Mempete is just really niceMempete is just really niceMempete is just really niceMempete is just really niceMempete is just really niceMempete is just really niceMempete is just really niceMempete is just really nice

Perhaps Prince Phillip is being treated now before the U S insurance companies take over the NHS and refuse to treat pre existing conditions!
Old Dec 23rd 2019, 2:05 am
Account Closed

Can’t remember.
Maybe I used a reference source of some description.
And there's me thinking you were an expert royalist
Old Dec 23rd 2019, 7:42 am
Heading for Poppyland

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma
And there's me thinking you were an expert royalist
I find myself reading a lot more royal stories than I did years ago. I’ll look at the front page of the Guardian or BBC online, see one potentially depressing story after another (ISIS, school shooting, Brexit, Trump, etc.) The antidote? Just read the royal family story du jour! That’s today’s news done & dusted.

I’m certainly not a royalist expert, but my reference source for Phil the Greek’s mater was the Almanach de Gotha. Amazingly, I do have quite a set of them on the shelves in my study, as I get old editions discarded by libraries.
Old Dec 23rd 2019, 5:32 pm

I find myself reading a lot more royal stories than I did years ago. I’ll look at the front page of the Guardian or BBC online, see one potentially depressing story after another (ISIS, school shooting, Brexit, Trump, etc.) The antidote? Just read the royal family story du jour! That’s today’s news done & dusted.

I’m certainly not a royalist expert, but my reference source for Phil the Greek’s mater was the Almanach de Gotha. Amazingly, I do have quite a set of them on the shelves in my study, as I get old editions discarded by libraries.
I watched episode 4 of series 3 of The Crown last night without knowing in advance what it was about. Turns out a large part of the story was about Prince Phillips mother. Never knew she was a nun, assuming it was factually correct.
Old Dec 23rd 2019, 6:56 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mempete
Perhaps Prince Phillip is being treated now before the U S insurance companies take over the NHS and refuse to treat pre existing conditions!
Didn't the reforms during the Obama years change it so pre-existing conditions are not an issue anymore with US insurance?

Old Dec 23rd 2019, 11:02 pm
Account Closed

I watched episode 4 of series 3 of The Crown last night without knowing in advance what it was about. Turns out a large part of the story was about Prince Phillips mother. Never knew she was a nun, assuming it was factually correct.
This lady sounds interesting. I guess now I'm a lady of leisure I have time to read up about her. Good way to start retirement!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.