Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Newcastle Brown Ale advert

Newcastle Brown Ale advert

Old Apr 7th 2012, 2:18 pm
CR1 VISA

Brucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud ofBrucky has much to be proud of
Default Re: Newcastle Brown Ale advert

Originally Posted by Mr Weeze
Haway man, everyone needs a bottle of dog!
Ya reet hinny.
Old Apr 7th 2012, 2:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Southy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond repute

I've seen the advert and thought it was great. No one over here would get it though, except for us lot.

In Korea we used to go to a bar that had all the drinks in an ice bath in the middle of the bar for you to choose from. You'd open them yourself and then take them to a till to pay for them. The downside being that you wouldnt know how much a drink was until after you're drinking it. I paid about £13 for a small bottle of Newkie Brown which is still to this day the most i've paid for a beer. It still upsets me that my most expensive beer is this.

At home, NBA is what the local drunks start on at 9am in a Wetherspoons so I'm surprised its available around here. I'm also surprised how available Sam Smiths is around here as thats rare at home.
Old Apr 7th 2012, 3:36 pm
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Peter525839
Each to his own is I believe the phrase
So what are you beers of choice and we can make fun of those
For what its worth I do support the local micro breweries, Blue Hills brewery in Canton MA is in the next town from where we live. Excellent IPA
I'm sorry, but when you said this

As a discerning beer drinker of 40 + years and heavily involved with CAMRA in the 70s
followed by this (about NBA)

It has been my beer of choice for the last couple of years
it's easy to see why I thought you were taking the piss. Thanks for setting me straight.
Old Apr 7th 2012, 7:35 pm
Forum Regular

Bayleaf_01 will become famous soon enoughBayleaf_01 will become famous soon enough

Canny Like
Attached Thumbnails Newcastle Brown Ale advert-1333826425964.jpg  
Old Apr 7th 2012, 10:24 pm
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bayleaf_01
Canny Like
Despite my scathing comments earlier, I admit that Newcastle could totally kick Stella's head in.
Old Apr 8th 2012, 2:21 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bayleaf_01
Canny Like
My shites better than your shite.
Old Apr 8th 2012, 10:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

taffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud oftaffie77 has much to be proud of

NCB always reminds me of the huge bottles we used to sell in the Student Union.
However, we did come across a Newcastle Winter Ale a few months back, which wasn't too bad...
Old Apr 9th 2012, 1:33 pm
I approved this message

Hiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond repute

NBA is foul. Had an excellent domestic brown ale last week in FL: Cigar City "Maduro" brown. Try it if you see it.
Old Apr 9th 2012, 4:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

helwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond reputehelwardman has a reputation beyond repute

The only time I used to drink Newcastle Brown Ale was when I was a student and the student bars had run out of proper beer.
Old Apr 9th 2012, 6:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Anian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond repute

I had it once, didn't really like it. Certainly not going to buy it here.
Old Apr 10th 2012, 9:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

SATX John is just really niceSATX John is just really niceSATX John is just really niceSATX John is just really niceSATX John is just really niceSATX John is just really niceSATX John is just really niceSATX John is just really niceSATX John is just really niceSATX John is just really nice

Originally Posted by helwardman
The only time I used to drink Newcastle Brown Ale was when I was a student and the student bars had run out of proper beer.
Ditto with my better half. I do think the advert gets the name out there, but is complicated for Americans to understand, the bollocks part.

The ugly part not so much, but using a hot chick may have been a better tack in this market.

I do see many US places with it on draft now.
Old Apr 10th 2012, 9:36 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Brown Ale makes me think of those mixed beer drinks that everyone used to drink and no one seems to do any more. A "Manns Brown Mix" (Manns + bitter) seemed to be drunk by every second person in a pub at one time. I was a "Mackie Mixed" (Mackeson + mild) drinker. Any one still drink these beer 'cocktails' ?

It was getting hard to find mild in the UK never mind the US when I left, especially a pint that had not gone off, because no one was ordering it
Old Apr 10th 2012, 10:49 pm
The worse half of Weeze

Mr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond repute

Broon is genetically coded into me. Ahh, those mornings walking into uni across Leazes moor with the smell of the brewery mixing with the cows.
Old Apr 11th 2012, 12:07 am
Septic Sprout

Originally Posted by Mr Weeze
Broon is genetically coded into me. Ahh, those mornings walking into uni across Leazes moor with the smell of the brewery mixing with the cows.
Could you tell which was which?
Old Apr 11th 2012, 12:48 am
The worse half of Weeze

Mr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tonrob
Could you tell which was which?
It wasn't sprouts, that's for sure

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.