Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Newborn baby abandoned in a plastic bag in wooded area <--moved from WTF thread

Newborn baby abandoned in a plastic bag in wooded area <--moved from WTF thread

Old Jun 26th 2019, 3:37 pm
Magnificently Withering

Oakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Newborn baby abandoned in a plastic bag in wooded area <--moved from WTF thread

Well done Georgia. This is what your denial of women's reproductive health rights has led to. Thankfully, this baby was found alive and is now doing well. How many more do not end well; how many infanticides go undiscovered and unreported?

https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/25/us/po...-ga/index.html
Old Jun 26th 2019, 3:49 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: WTF in America

Originally Posted by Oakvillian
Well done Georgia. This is what your denial of women's reproductive health rights has led to. Thankfully, this baby was found alive and is now doing well. How many more do not end well; how many infanticides go undiscovered and unreported? .....
If you're going to post on matters of law in the US could you at least familiarize yourself with US laws?

For precisely the circumstances in the linked story, almost all, if not actually all, US states have a "baby safe haven" law, that allows unwanted infants to be handed over, no questions asked, usually at medical facilities, but sometimes also at other places such as a fire station (which will typically have one or more EMTs on site). In other words there is, at the risk of stating the obvious, absolutely no excuse for infanticide of an "unwanted" baby.

US Baby Safe Haven law list by state.

Last edited by Pulaski; Jun 26th 2019 at 4:19 pm.
Old Jun 26th 2019, 3:59 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Well done Georgia. This is what your denial of women's reproductive health rights has led to. Thankfully, this baby was found alive and is now doing well. How many more do not end well; how many infanticides go undiscovered and unreported?

https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/25/us/po...-ga/index.html
I'm guessing the reasons are deeper than just lack of reproductive health access, religious cultural shame of sex, lack of sexual education, are probably contributing reasons.
Old Jun 26th 2019, 4:03 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pulaski
If you're going to post on matters of law in the US could you at least familiarize yourself with US laws?

For precisely the circumstances in the linked story, almost all, if not actually all, US states have a "baby safe haven" law, that allows unwanted infants to be handed over, no questions asked, usually at medical facilities, but sometimes also at other places such as a fire station (which will typically have one or more EMTs on site). In other words there is, at the risk of stating the obvious, absolutely no excuse for infanticide of an "unwanted" baby".

I think we are just supposed to focus on the Outrage.
Old Jun 26th 2019, 4:39 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

For precisely the circumstances in the linked story, almost all, if not actually all, US states have a "baby safe haven" law, that allows unwanted infants to be handed over, no questions asked, usually at medical facilities, but sometimes also at other places such as a fire station (which will typically have one or more EMTs on site). In other words there is, at the risk of stating the obvious, absolutely no excuse for infanticide of an "unwanted" baby.

Sadly, many people don't know this or feel unable to use it. Somebody aware of such support and in a fit state to use it would be unlikely to try to kill a baby, I would have thought.
Old Jun 26th 2019, 6:21 pm
Magnificently Withering

Oakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond repute

Oh yes, because people who are so scared of the consequences of seeking advice on terminations early in pregnancy are precisely the people who will seek out their local baby sanctuary. I'm quite familiar with the concept. Anti-choice bigotry and supposedly-Christian fundamentalist stupidity are entirely, completely and absolutely to blame for this. Don't come preaching to me about there being no excuse for infanticide. It's the religious right who have set all this in motion - they should now be prepared to reap what they have sown. I have every sympathy for the unfortunate people who find themselves in this situation, and none whatsoever for the religious zealots and politicians who put them there.
Old Jun 26th 2019, 6:56 pm
Account Closed

Oh yes, because people who are so scared of the consequences of seeking advice on terminations early in pregnancy are precisely the people who will seek out their local baby sanctuary. I'm quite familiar with the concept. Anti-choice bigotry and supposedly-Christian fundamentalist stupidity are entirely, completely and absolutely to blame for this. Don't come preaching to me about there being no excuse for infanticide. It's the religious right who have set all this in motion - they should now be prepared to reap what they have sown. I have every sympathy for the unfortunate people who find themselves in this situation, and none whatsoever for the religious zealots and politicians who put them there.
Your demeaning attitude to women is unlikely to play well on this forum.
Old Jun 26th 2019, 7:00 pm
Magnificently Withering

Originally Posted by Boiler
Your demeaning attitude to women is unlikely to play well on this forum.
That's indecipherable even for one of your shitposts. What demeaning attitude?
Old Jun 26th 2019, 7:08 pm
Account Closed

Your patriarchal attitude, we are no longer in the 1950's.
Old Jun 26th 2019, 7:24 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

You'll have to ignore him, he's obviously so enlightened he operates on a different existential plane than the rest of us. Perhaps one day we'll be able to understand the posts, but alas it is but a dream for now.
Old Jun 26th 2019, 7:26 pm
Magnificently Withering

Originally Posted by Boiler
Your patriarchal attitude, we are no longer in the 1950's.
I'm genuinely confused by this. What part of "women should have the right to choose what they do with their womb; it's (primarily old, white, supposedly-Christian) men passing archaic laws that has led us to the kind of situation highlighted by the news article about a baby being found in a plastic bag in the woods in Georgia" is patriarchal, exactly? It's the anti-choice laws that are a throwback to the 1950s, surely?
Old Jun 27th 2019, 7:51 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

I'm genuinely confused by this. What part of "women should have the right to choose what they do with their womb; it's (primarily old, white, supposedly-Christian) men passing archaic laws that has led us to the kind of situation highlighted by the news article about a baby being found in a plastic bag in the woods in Georgia" is patriarchal, exactly? It's the anti-choice laws that are a throwback to the 1950s, surely?
Don't overthink it. Boiler spends most of his time on here trolling what he considers to be the liberal left or some such.
Old Jun 27th 2019, 8:04 pm
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
Don't overthink it. Boiler spends most of his time on here trolling what he considers to be the liberal left or some such.
Liberal. Left. I wonder which one?
Old Jul 1st 2019, 4:35 pm
I approved this message

Hiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, label people who disagree with you hypocritical "bigoted idiots". That'll convince them. Also, nice job politicizing a non-political event through several leaps of logic and ignorance of basic facts.
Old Jul 2nd 2019, 3:11 pm
Magnificently Withering

Originally Posted by Hiro11
Yes, label people who disagree with you hypocritical "bigoted idiots". That'll convince them. Also, nice job politicizing a non-political event through several leaps of logic and ignorance of basic facts.
I'm quite sure you can enlighten me as to which basic facts you think I'm ignorant of. There's plenty of evidence that lack of access to affordable reproductive health services leads to higher numbers of unwanted pregnancies, abandoned infants and generally poorer health outcomes for vulnerable young women in particular. If - as seems apparent - you believe this to be unrelated to politics or religious bigotry, I would be fascinated to read your thoughts as to why those things are not connected, and to your body of research to back up your claim.

Christian (or any other religion's) fundamentalists who think abortion is evil and that access to reproductive healthcare of any form is "a sin" are, indeed, bigoted idiots. That's pretty much an incontrovertible fact, rather than any one particular person's opinion.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.