Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

New Member of the Family

New Member of the Family

Old Oct 3rd 2014, 12:50 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Member of the Family

Sorry to hear about all the negatives, but I'm glad to hear that you both pulled through OK.
Old Oct 3rd 2014, 12:54 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Wow! You don't do things by halves do you

Speedy recovery to you my dear, and big hugs to the special precious little girl you just brought into the world and also hugs to your other half. Poor guy probably needs a stiff drink or two...
Old Oct 3rd 2014, 2:26 am
BE Irregular

RICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond repute

That sounds pretty scary. Hope your insurance is up to the job. And that is a lovely name. Congrats.
Old Oct 3rd 2014, 2:49 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like a wild time.

Congrats on little Olivia, and a speedy recovery!
Old Oct 3rd 2014, 4:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks everyone! It was definitely a wild time. Sugarmooma, i think if he started drinking, he wouldn't stop! Hell, I probably wouldn't either! He was in the waiting room during the operation, and heard the code blue on the intercom..but wasn't sure which of us it was for right away. My mom arrived during this time, and was greeted by a chaplain, so she was understandably upset too. I woke up later in the day on a ventilator, so I was confused about what happened...and very glad I was still here. It was an extremely close call.

And i couldn't ask for a better partner - he's playing mom, dad, caregiver to me and just started back to work this week. Thankfully, he can work remotely from the rehab place. My left hand has also been affected by the ms, so I'm not able to do much help with feeding or nappy changes...but hubby has stepped in and is doing it all. Olivia and I are both beyond lucky to have him.

Rich, we are trying not to dwell too much on the insurance right now. I was seen by a whole host of docs in the hospital, and I have no idea if they were all in network or not - I couldn't exactly vet them ahead of time. But it is what it is, and we'll work through it somehow.
Old Oct 3rd 2014, 6:13 am
BE Forum Addict

fulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond reputefulwood has a reputation beyond repute

Bluegrass Lass - congratulations on birth of your daughter. Best wishes for your health - you are a trooper!
Old Oct 3rd 2014, 9:05 am
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bluegrass Lass
Thought I would update all of you that our baby girl was born 3weeks ago today. Her entry into the world wasn't without drama though! Starting in July, my multiple sclerosis starting flaring up causing me weak legs and then falling and breaking my left leg near the ankle. Eventually by early Sept, I was weak enough I had to be admitted to the hospital. The evening of Sept 10, I was given an MS treatment that caused me to have a severe allergic reaction. This reaction ended up distressing the baby, and on the morning of the 11th I was rushed into the OR for an emergency c-section.

However, after my ob delivered our baby, my heart went haywire. I went into tachycardia, then vfib. For 17minutes they worked on bringing me back basically from clinical death. Luckily I was already intubated, so I never suffered lack of oxygen to my brain, and I'm still my normal self...and thankfully I have no memory of this.

So here I am 3 weeks later, in rehab working on getting my legs stronger. My heart shows no damage - best the doctors can tell I suffered a metabolic event as my potassium shot up, and a few other medical things I don't understand.

Most importantly though, Olivia Skye is here and healthy, despite being 5 weeks early. I'm on my phone which isn't cooperating with posting photos, so I'll attach one when I can.
Congratulations! I was wondering where you were and if everything was working out all right.

Ah, Skye .... I wonder where that name came from ...?

Lovely to hear of your new arrival and so happy that everyone is healthy. Good luck with your recuperation and kudos to dad, too!
Old Oct 3rd 2014, 11:07 am

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats!
Old Oct 3rd 2014, 11:51 am
Hoppity hop...

BunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond repute

Congrtaulations, beautiful name

And really hope you're up and about again very soon.
Old Oct 3rd 2014, 12:02 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Thought I would update all of you that our baby girl was born 3weeks ago today. Her entry into the world wasn't without drama though! Starting in July, my multiple sclerosis starting flaring up causing me weak legs and then falling and breaking my left leg near the ankle. Eventually by early Sept, I was weak enough I had to be admitted to the hospital. The evening of Sept 10, I was given an MS treatment that caused me to have a severe allergic reaction. This reaction ended up distressing the baby, and on the morning of the 11th I was rushed into the OR for an emergency c-section.

However, after my ob delivered our baby, my heart went haywire. I went into tachycardia, then vfib. For 17minutes they worked on bringing me back basically from clinical death. Luckily I was already intubated, so I never suffered lack of oxygen to my brain, and I'm still my normal self...and thankfully I have no memory of this.

So here I am 3 weeks later, in rehab working on getting my legs stronger. My heart shows no damage - best the doctors can tell I suffered a metabolic event as my potassium shot up, and a few other medical things I don't understand.

Most importantly though, Olivia Skye is here and healthy, despite being 5 weeks early. I'm on my phone which isn't cooperating with posting photos, so I'll attach one when I can.
Congratulations on the happy outcome. Have a lovely time with your daughter.
Old Oct 3rd 2014, 12:03 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks everyone! It was definitely a wild time. Sugarmooma, i think if he started drinking, he wouldn't stop! Hell, I probably wouldn't either! He was in the waiting room during the operation, and heard the code blue on the intercom..but wasn't sure which of us it was for right away. My mom arrived during this time, and was greeted by a chaplain, so she was understandably upset too. I woke up later in the day on a ventilator, so I was confused about what happened...and very glad I was still here. It was an extremely close call.

And i couldn't ask for a better partner - he's playing mom, dad, caregiver to me and just started back to work this week. Thankfully, he can work remotely from the rehab place. My left hand has also been affected by the ms, so I'm not able to do much help with feeding or nappy changes...but hubby has stepped in and is doing it all. Olivia and I are both beyond lucky to have him.

Rich, we are trying not to dwell too much on the insurance right now. I was seen by a whole host of docs in the hospital, and I have no idea if they were all in network or not - I couldn't exactly vet them ahead of time. But it is what it is, and we'll work through it somehow.

Well done Mr BG

One day at a time, and no worrying about hospital bills just enjoy that baby and concentrate on getting well

for a quick and full recovery x
Old Oct 3rd 2014, 12:21 pm

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma

One day at a time, and no worrying about hospital bills just enjoy that baby and concentrate on getting well

for a quick and full recovery x
Spoken by the lady that knows I still can't believe how calm you were (or appeared to be) last year when you had all your "stuff" going on!
Old Oct 3rd 2014, 12:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

BubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond reputeBubbleChog has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations hope you have a swift and easy recovery

Lx
Old Oct 3rd 2014, 12:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

SarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations on the birth of your daughter! I hope your rehab continues to go well!
Old Oct 3rd 2014, 1:19 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats on the new arrival and all the best for a speedy recovery!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.