Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

New Member of the Family

New Member of the Family

Old Oct 2nd 2014, 8:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute
Default New Member of the Family

Thought I would update all of you that our baby girl was born 3weeks ago today. Her entry into the world wasn't without drama though! Starting in July, my multiple sclerosis starting flaring up causing me weak legs and then falling and breaking my left leg near the ankle. Eventually by early Sept, I was weak enough I had to be admitted to the hospital. The evening of Sept 10, I was given an MS treatment that caused me to have a severe allergic reaction. This reaction ended up distressing the baby, and on the morning of the 11th I was rushed into the OR for an emergency c-section.

However, after my ob delivered our baby, my heart went haywire. I went into tachycardia, then vfib. For 17minutes they worked on bringing me back basically from clinical death. Luckily I was already intubated, so I never suffered lack of oxygen to my brain, and I'm still my normal self...and thankfully I have no memory of this.

So here I am 3 weeks later, in rehab working on getting my legs stronger. My heart shows no damage - best the doctors can tell I suffered a metabolic event as my potassium shot up, and a few other medical things I don't understand.

Most importantly though, Olivia Skye is here and healthy, despite being 5 weeks early. I'm on my phone which isn't cooperating with posting photos, so I'll attach one when I can.

Last edited by Bluegrass Lass; Oct 2nd 2014 at 9:23 pm.
Old Oct 2nd 2014, 8:22 pm
Account Closed

Uncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond reputeUncle_Bob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Member of the Family

Sorry to hear about the scare. But Congratulations
I hope things continue to improve for you.

Last edited by Uncle_Bob; Oct 2nd 2014 at 8:24 pm.
Old Oct 2nd 2014, 8:33 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations to all the Bluegrass Family.

Hope you have a speedy recovery from the fall and c-section.
Old Oct 2nd 2014, 8:37 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome, Olivia Skye -- you have a beautiful name! Sending you very best wishes, Bluegrass Lass -- hope you are soon strong and healthy and enjoying being a mum. Congratulations to the whole family.
Old Oct 2nd 2014, 8:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

That's great news!

Hope you continue to get stronger.
Old Oct 2nd 2014, 8:45 pm

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations, and what a lovely name.

What a traumatic time for you all though, hope you recover quickly.
Old Oct 2nd 2014, 10:15 pm

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Wow, sounds like quite an arrival!
Glad it all turned out well for the Olivia Skye in the end, and best wishes for a swift recovery to Mom.
Old Oct 2nd 2014, 10:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond repute

Best of wishes.
Slainte!
Old Oct 2nd 2014, 10:46 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Very pleased you and the little one both came out of it OK. Congratulations.
Old Oct 2nd 2014, 11:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bluegrass Lass
Thought I would update all of you that our baby girl was born 3weeks ago today. Her entry into the world wasn't without drama though! Starting in July, my multiple sclerosis starting flaring up causing me weak legs and then falling and breaking my left leg near the ankle. Eventually by early Sept, I was weak enough I had to be admitted to the hospital. The evening of Sept 10, I was given an MS treatment that caused me to have a severe allergic reaction. This reaction ended up distressing the baby, and on the morning of the 11th I was rushed into the OR for an emergency c-section.

However, after my ob delivered our baby, my heart went haywire. I went into tachycardia, then vfib. For 17minutes they worked on bringing me back basically from clinical death. Luckily I was already intubated, so I never suffered lack of oxygen to my brain, and I'm still my normal self...and thankfully I have no memory of this.

So here I am 3 weeks later, in rehab working on getting my legs stronger. My heart shows no damage - best the doctors can tell I suffered a metabolic event as my potassium shot up, and a few other medical things I don't understand.

Most importantly though, Olivia Skye is here and healthy, despite being 5 weeks early. I'm on my phone which isn't cooperating with posting photos, so I'll attach one when I can.
Wow, Bluegrass, you've had quite a lot happen in the last few years!

So glad that you ended up with a healthy, happy baby to round everything out! Congratulations and I hope your recovery and health continue to move in the right direction!
Old Oct 2nd 2014, 11:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

MMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond reputeMMcD has a reputation beyond repute

What an excruciating ordeal!

And what a "debut" for Olivia Skye - that's one of the best names I've ever heard. Beautiful....

Scary stuff you went through - but it sounds like you've turned the corner and you and your husband can delight in your little one.

Get strong and healthy.
Old Oct 2nd 2014, 11:53 pm
Chocoholic !

ChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond repute

Gosh that brought a tear to my eye, congratulations Bluegrass Family, so glad you had a happy outcome. Sending you hugs and good karma that you get well soon and enjoy all the happiness your baby girl will bring you x
Old Oct 2nd 2014, 11:58 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Welcome to the world Olivia Skye.
May all your days be happy, healthy and free from strife.
That is one truly amazing Mum you have there little girl.
So, pleased you are both doing well.
Old Oct 3rd 2014, 12:24 am

Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations and wow, what an entrance to make to the world.
Old Oct 3rd 2014, 12:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Derrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations on your new little daughter! I love the name! All the best to you - I hope you continue to get stronger every day. Take care of yourself

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.