British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Trailer Park (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/)
-   -   New Dr Who Intro (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/new-dr-who-intro-716276/)

Prof_Yaffel May 9th 2011 4:09 pm

New Dr Who Intro

Is any one else annoyed by that new Dr Who intro where Pond explains what Dr Who is all about or is it just me ? :frown:
I checked through iplayer and its only the BBC America version that has it so I guess its for the US audience although I can't see that 15 seconds of info can rally explain what Dr Who is all about

Duncan Roberts May 9th 2011 4:16 pm

Re: New Dr Who Intro

I don' like it either.

Xebedee May 9th 2011 4:41 pm

Amy pond is strangely attractive.

avanutria May 9th 2011 4:59 pm

Originally Posted by Prof_Yaffel (Post 9352829)
I checked through iplayer and its only the BBC America version that has it so I guess its for the US audience although I can't see that 15 seconds of info can rally explain what Dr Who is all about

I wondered if the UK audience was getting the same thing. I think BBC is trying really hard to get the US audience and the intro is an attempt to help people jump into the series midway even if they haven't been watching it.

BTW, I hated the pirates episode. Isn't Rory supposed to be a nestene duplicate now? How could he bleed or drown?

Prof_Yaffel May 9th 2011 5:06 pm

Originally Posted by avanutria (Post 9352958)
BTW, I hated the pirates episode. Isn't Rory supposed to be a nestene duplicate now? How could he bleed or drown?

Didn't time etc get reset when the Dr flew that cube up and blew himslef up with the Tardis ? He came back when Amy "remembered him " at her wedding.
So Rory is back to normal ??

I liked that aliens in the first 2 epsidoes...and I have actually forgotten their name:rofl: but I think the stories have been week this series

nethead May 9th 2011 5:18 pm

Originally Posted by Prof_Yaffel (Post 9352973)
Didn't time etc get reset when the Dr flew that cube up and blew himslef up with the Tardis ? He came back when Amy "remembered him " at her wedding.

I liked that aliens in the first 2 epsidoes...and I have actually forgotten their name:rofl: but I think the stories have been week this series

The Silence.

I think it will get pretty interesting they seem to be setting us up for something big. The girl timelord thing. not sure where that's going, parallel universe? The Amy negative/positive pregnancy. Very weird.

avanutria May 9th 2011 5:35 pm

Originally Posted by Prof_Yaffel (Post 9352973)

Ah yes, I had forgotten about that whole reset-the-universe thing.

"Silence/Silents will fall" seems like an odd catch phrase, as I am interpreting this as 'the Silents will be defeated'.

Weeze May 9th 2011 6:11 pm

Originally Posted by Prof_Yaffel (Post 9352829)
Is any one else annoyed by that new Dr Who intro where Pond explains what Dr Who is all about or is it just me ? :frown:

We watch it on iplayer after we watched the first one on BBCAmerica. Between the awful intro and the advert breaks, I just got too annoyed.

tigerbaywarrior May 9th 2011 7:40 pm

Thankfully they don't put subtitles on the BBC America version..... :lol:

meauxna May 9th 2011 7:42 pm

Originally Posted by avanutria (Post 9353024)
Ah yes, I had forgotten about that whole reset-the-universe thing.

"Silence/Silents will fall" seems like an odd catch phrase, as I am interpreting this as 'the Silents will be defeated'.

I have a sneaking suspicion.. and I don't want to give it away or anything... that the Doctor will win and the bad guys will lose.
Remember, you read it here first. :D

Sally Redux May 9th 2011 9:22 pm

I haven't taken to the angular-faced bloke.

Xebedee May 12th 2011 8:02 pm

Originally Posted by Sally Redux (Post 9353543)
I haven't taken to the angular-faced bloke.

I was quite taken with the Doctor's clone-daughter-time lord :thumbsup: