Wikiposts

New Art

Old Oct 27th 2010, 6:15 pm

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Art

Voted!
Old Oct 28th 2010, 2:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Brat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond repute

Do we have to go on to the site and vote every day?? Or is just the once sufficient??
Old Oct 28th 2010, 8:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Brat1
Do we have to go on to the site and vote every day?? Or is just the once sufficient??
The voting thing was not there for me today.
Old Oct 28th 2010, 3:57 pm
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks to all of you who voted. Voting appears to be closed now (the site rules are vague on the cutoff date). Now we wait and hope that she's selected by the jury.
Old Nov 16th 2010, 12:08 pm
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

So here's a new turn of events...

For those of you who have asked about prints in the past, Alison's going to have a new painting available as a series of limited-edition prints... starting at as little as $20 for a small one, all the way up to $250 for a big one!

The work isn't live on the Paperwork site, but here's a little advance preview!

Haughty Culture

...and who knows, if this piece does well then perhaps UGallery will commission more as prints!

Hopefully the print will be available here on Friday:

Paperwork @ UGallery
Old Nov 16th 2010, 12:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Ooh how interesting.

I wish I could get a print of that lovely one with the red flowers (hint).
Old Nov 16th 2010, 12:16 pm
Arrogant ****

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
Ooh how interesting.

I wish I could get a print of that lovely one with the red flowers (hint).
I'm afraid it's not really our decision what gets prints. UGallery commissioned this piece, and will commission more if it sells. We'll just have to wait and see
Old Nov 16th 2010, 12:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by dbj1000
I'm afraid it's not really our decision what gets prints. UGallery commissioned this piece, and will commission more if it sells. We'll just have to wait and see
I will definitely look in on Friday, anyway.

I can't believe how much fab work Alison creates, she must have amazing energy. I love seeing it on here and on the email updates.
Old Nov 16th 2010, 12:28 pm
Arrogant ****

I can't believe how much fab work Alison creates, she must have amazing energy. I love seeing it on here and on the email updates.
Thank you. Yes, Alison is totally immersed in her art, and works far harder at it than most people work at more "regular" jobs. If only more of us could be so lucky to find a job that we could love so passionately!
Old Nov 16th 2010, 12:31 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

You should follow her on Twitter, it gives some insight into her thought process. She really "feels" colour and shares her artists view on the things she sees in every day life, sights and sounds. Fascinating lady.
Old Nov 16th 2010, 12:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Sue
You should follow her on Twitter, it gives some insight into her thought process. She really "feels" colour and shares her artists view on the things she sees in every day life, sights and sounds. Fascinating lady.
Yes, Twitter has rather passed me by but I was at a gallery event near here and I noticed how important the Twittering was in getting the word out about the artists. I will put it on my list of things to investigate!

She certainly is a fascinating lady
Old Nov 16th 2010, 12:50 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

My favourites are Modern Romance and Suspended.
Old Nov 16th 2010, 1:41 pm
Arrogant ****

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
My favourites are Modern Romance and Suspended.
How interesting! You're the first person I know who has Suspended as a favorite. Most people have found Alison's broken glasses series too... challenging.
Old Nov 17th 2010, 1:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Brat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond repute

How interesting! You're the first person I know who has Suspended as a favorite. Most people have found Alison's broken glasses series too... challenging.
Challenging??? They're obviously not looking at them right or just not on the same wavelength. I love them!! She is a very talented lady and wish I could find the time to sit down and really get back in to my art, but she has certainly given me the inspiration to try. Look forward to her next series and you can always rely on us to vote for her!!!
Old Nov 17th 2010, 1:56 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I like all the broken glasses series...very unusual...but Suspended is my favourite. I like the colours and the way the broken glasses are suspended.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.