Wikiposts

New Art

Old May 5th 2010, 1:35 pm
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New Art

Originally Posted by nethead
Shared the info on my FB wall. Wish I could go.
So do I. So do I...

Old May 11th 2010, 1:49 pm
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

For those of you who enjoy Alison's art, and who have been so supportive here and elsewhere, I wanted to tell you that you can now sign up for an occasional newsletter from Alison's studio, with new blog articles, paintings, photos, works in progress etc.

Just head on over to AlisonJardine.com and look on the left side of the homepage for a sign-up.

I learn so much about my wife by reading her blog articles!

No, really!
Old May 11th 2010, 4:52 pm

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

I was really hoping to get to Alisons show but I'm still working 6 days a week!
Old May 11th 2010, 4:52 pm
Arrogant ****

Originally Posted by penguinbar
I was really hoping to get to Alisons show but I'm still working 6 days a week!
That really sucks!

We'll make sure to have a VIP invite for you for her next NYC show.
Old May 11th 2010, 5:15 pm

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

That would be so nice!. My schedule is supposed to get back to normal in the next week or so! By the way if she ever wants a good meal in NYC or if both of you are ever there together PM me and I will give you the info of where I work. The food is really great! I will make sure you get VIP treatment too!
Old May 12th 2010, 9:43 am
Forum Regular

Lazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to all

Your wife is very talented. I love her work. I have a very small collection of art currently somewhere in the Atlantic. I would very much like to add to my collection when I arrive at the other end! This is right up my street.

I don't know anything about art, nor pretend to. For me it is all about impulse.

I love "I remember". But all of them are fantastic.

We have a tiny little gallery in a village called Fochabers (famous for being the home of Baxters soup) which is near where I live. It is called Just Art

www.justart.co.uk

My favourite until now has been Francis Boag but your wife's work may well overtake that.
Old May 12th 2010, 11:29 am
Arrogant ****

Originally Posted by Lazzza
Your wife is very talented. I love her work. I have a very small collection of art currently somewhere in the Atlantic. I would very much like to add to my collection when I arrive at the other end! This is right up my street.

I don't know anything about art, nor pretend to. For me it is all about impulse.

I love "I remember". But all of them are fantastic.

We have a tiny little gallery in a village called Fochabers (famous for being the home of Baxters soup) which is near where I live. It is called Just Art

www.justart.co.uk

My favourite until now has been Francis Boag but your wife's work may well overtake that.
Thank you so much for your lovely words about Alison's art!

She has sent you an email/PM...
Old May 12th 2010, 2:57 pm
Catahoula Lover!!!

Burn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbj1000
For those of you who enjoy Alison's art, and who have been so supportive here and elsewhere, I wanted to tell you that you can now sign up for an occasional newsletter from Alison's studio, with new blog articles, paintings, photos, works in progress etc.

Just head on over to AlisonJardine.com and look on the left side of the homepage for a sign-up.

I learn so much about my wife by reading her blog articles!

No, really!
I blame you for me not doing ANY work all afternoon - I read Alison's blog and drooled over her paintings and before I knew it home time ....

** sigh** ohhhh to be that talented
Old May 13th 2010, 5:16 pm
Arrogant ****

Originally Posted by Burn1911
I blame you for me not doing ANY work all afternoon - I read Alison's blog and drooled over her paintings and before I knew it home time ....

** sigh** ohhhh to be that talented
I'm so glad that you're enjoying Alison's art so much!

It wasn't you who bought "Snowstorm" today, was it?

Ali will have to paint faster... she's running out of pieces to sell.
Old May 13th 2010, 6:56 pm
Forum Regular

Lazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to allLazzza is a name known to all

Well she'd better not sell "I remember" coz it want it, I want it, I want it!

My husband can buy it for me for all my hard work selling my home, my business, buying a flat for my son, sorting out his storage, dealing wih the removers, organising temporary accommodation, working and looking after his children, all whilst he was in Houston.

In fact, is one enough......?
Old May 14th 2010, 1:19 am
I have a comma problem

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

she's running out of pieces to sell.
That's got to be in a good position to be in though, it must feel good for her that her artwork is doing so well.

I'm jealous, I wish I was in a more creative field than accounting. I'm not even an accountant
Old May 17th 2010, 2:38 am
Forum Regular

Lover not a fighter is just really niceLover not a fighter is just really niceLover not a fighter is just really niceLover not a fighter is just really niceLover not a fighter is just really niceLover not a fighter is just really niceLover not a fighter is just really niceLover not a fighter is just really niceLover not a fighter is just really niceLover not a fighter is just really nice

For those of you who enjoy Alison's artworks, here are six new pieces commissioned by UGallery for the New York Affordable Art Fair (May 6th - 9th):

Alison Jardine - AAF

Alison will be at the fair, if any of you in and around Manhattan feel like dropping by to say hi.
Daft question. Wife and I are in NYC this week.

Is any of the bread knifes pic still in NYC or did she take them back to the Lone Star State.

Love her pics. Fav was the self portrait you had as a avy. Must be a great way to go through life earning a living doing something she obviously loves.
Old May 17th 2010, 1:35 pm
Arrogant ****

Originally Posted by Lover not a fighter
Daft question. Wife and I are in NYC this week.

Is any of the bread knifes pic still in NYC or did she take them back to the Lone Star State.

Love her pics. Fav was the self portrait you had as a avy. Must be a great way to go through life earning a living doing something she obviously loves.
I'm afraid they all arrived back in Dallas in their shipping crate from NYC yesterday.

Glad you like them though - I wish there was some better way of people seeing them "in the flesh", since even the best digital images are a little unsatisfying.

Is this the self portrait you like? If so, I totally agree - I think it's the best painting she's done so far!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/alisonj...7617738624246/

Last edited by dbj1000; May 17th 2010 at 1:38 pm.
Old May 17th 2010, 4:18 pm
Forum Regular

Lover not a fighter is just really niceLover not a fighter is just really niceLover not a fighter is just really niceLover not a fighter is just really niceLover not a fighter is just really niceLover not a fighter is just really niceLover not a fighter is just really niceLover not a fighter is just really niceLover not a fighter is just really niceLover not a fighter is just really nice

That would look fantastic in the our hallway! I think as well its the light in the room at different times which you just can't get from photos.

One thing we get from the locals homes here in New England is the lack of any art in anyones homes. Prints or originals. The wife and I have a theory that its the expense. Alison's pictures seem to represent real value. On the east coast its a shed load, $2,500 and up for something fairly small. In the uk we bought afew pics, we've got a couple who have since become sindicated artists and a bloke who won Water Colour Challenge! Point is we'd have to really tighten our belts but we've only bought one picture here in the 3 years since we moved to the us.

Here's hoping to her continued success.
Old May 17th 2010, 4:45 pm
Catahoula Lover!!!

Burn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond reputeBurn1911 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm so glad that you're enjoying Alison's art so much!

It wasn't you who bought "Snowstorm" today, was it?

Ali will have to paint faster... she's running out of pieces to sell.
It wasn't me nope - but I am soooooooooooooooo tempted by "look up". We have brought a few pieces of "art" over the years, one of my favorite artists is a Welsh guy called David Haswell and we have a couple of his, and then a really nice big print by Mary Reed, 4 fish heads in a row, in reds and oranges - sounds awful, but looks plus some others.....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.