New adventures

Old Nov 13th 2022, 11:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New adventures

When we left Texas in June we left our two special friends that we have known since 1989 when we first arrived. They are expats as well, Irish and English but had been in Texas since the 1960's. We had always looked out for each other and most weekends when we were all working we would have a night out to eat or a drink in our or their backyard and always a good laugh, crazy banter and lots of shared memories. We spent our last night in Texas with them and we made plans for them to visit us next springtime. We have talked on the phone two or three times every week since we left. Always ending with " see you soon".

Today I am heartbroken. My lovely Irish friend passed away.
I am heartbroken for her dear dear husband and her kids and grandchildren.

Her death was unnecessary. Not going into detail but there were mistakes made with treatment she needed. On Friday when I called her she told me she was scared something bad was going to happen. On Saturday she had a heart cath to check if her previous stents were blocked. They were. Today she was waiting for bypass surgery. She passed away before surgery started.

Her pain first started almost 2 months ago and it took until this last week for her cardiologist to figure out something was very wrong. Two months too late.

Thanks for listening to me guys
Old Nov 13th 2022, 11:44 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Jolly Good
No words. Just huge hugs.
M x
Old Nov 13th 2022, 11:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Chocolate eclair has a reputation beyond reputeChocolate eclair has a reputation beyond reputeChocolate eclair has a reputation beyond reputeChocolate eclair has a reputation beyond reputeChocolate eclair has a reputation beyond reputeChocolate eclair has a reputation beyond reputeChocolate eclair has a reputation beyond reputeChocolate eclair has a reputation beyond reputeChocolate eclair has a reputation beyond reputeChocolate eclair has a reputation beyond reputeChocolate eclair has a reputation beyond repute

When we left Texas in June we left our two special friends that we have known since 1989 when we first arrived. They are expats as well, Irish and English but had been in Texas since the 1960's. We had always looked out for each other and most weekends when we were all working we would have a night out to eat or a drink in our or their backyard and always a good laugh, crazy banter and lots of shared memories. We spent our last night in Texas with them and we made plans for them to visit us next springtime. We have talked on the phone two or three times every week since we left. Always ending with " see you soon".

Her death was unnecessary. Not going into detail but there were mistakes made with treatment she needed. On Friday when I called her she told me she was scared something bad was going to happen. On Saturday she had a heart cath to check if her previous stents were blocked. They were. Today she was waiting for bypass surgery. She passed away before surgery started.

Her pain first started almost 2 months ago and it took until this last week for her cardiologist to figure out something was very wrong. Two months too late.

Oh love, I'm so very, very sorry. I wish I could be there to give you a huge hug and be able to sit and listen why you tell me all about your dear friend. Much love x

Old Nov 14th 2022, 12:04 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Old Nov 14th 2022, 1:27 am
Turning into a PA gal!

lizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond repute

So sorry to hear this, gentle hugs for you all.

Old Nov 14th 2022, 1:40 am
BE Forum Addict

joto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond repute

Very sorry to learn about your dear friend, JG. Friends like that are worth their weight in gold.
Old Nov 14th 2022, 1:49 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Such sad news for you JG, I'm so sorry that you've lost such a dear and good friend xx
Old Nov 14th 2022, 2:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Jolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond reputeJolly Good has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS
No words. Just huge hugs.
M x
Originally Posted by Chocolate eclair
Oh love, I'm so very, very sorry. I wish I could be there to give you a huge hug and be able to sit and listen why you tell me all about your dear friend. Much love x
Originally Posted by BristolUK
Originally Posted by lizzyq
So sorry to hear this, gentle hugs for you all.
Originally Posted by joto
Very sorry to learn about your dear friend, JG. Friends like that are worth their weight in gold.
Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Such sad news for you JG, I'm so sorry that you've lost such a dear and good friend xx
Thanks guys. It's been a tough day.
And she really was worth her weight in gold.
Old Nov 14th 2022, 8:14 am
Gloves off

BuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond repute

So very sorry to read this sad news.
Old Nov 14th 2022, 12:54 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

So very sorry to hear this sad news. Hold tight to your memories. Sending a big hug.
Old Nov 14th 2022, 3:57 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Sincere condolences on the tragic loss of your dear friend. May your memories ease your grief.
Old Nov 15th 2022, 12:51 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

.....Today I am heartbroken. My lovely Irish friend passed away.
So sorry to read this, and for the loss of your friend.

Sending you love and hugs xx
Old Nov 17th 2022, 3:23 pm
Turning into a PA gal!

lizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond reputelizzyq has a reputation beyond repute

As I set out to do stuff this morning after being out of state for the first snow I remembered to dig out my Yaktrax. Don't need them yet, but have found them very useful when it gets icy and try to keep them in the car over the winter.

https://yaktrax.com/traction.html?pr...t_list_dir=asc
Old Nov 17th 2022, 5:50 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

As I set out to do stuff this morning after being out of state for the first snow I remembered to dig out my Yaktrax. Don't need them yet, but have found them very useful when it gets icy and try to keep them in the car over the winter.

Great suggestion -- I swear by them for walking dogs in the snow and ice.
Old Nov 17th 2022, 6:16 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nutmegger
Great suggestion -- I swear by them for walking dogs in the snow and ice.
Just about everywhere I go is very well cleared and/or gritted at entrances but occasionally the end of the drive to the steps might be a bit icy when either it's too cold for the salt to have worked or fluffy snow is hiding ice.

Are these QuickTrax things any good for that? I can imagine a certain grip but your foot still sliding.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.