Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Netflix Documentaries

Netflix Documentaries

Old Sep 13th 2018, 4:29 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Netflix Documentaries

Originally Posted by Mall18
Does anyone know if the US Netflix has all the same content as we get in the UK?
I recognise some things mentioned above but not all.
Just wondering if I need to binge watch some of the things I'm part way through before moving over next month?
They are different.

Get smartDNS and 2 Roku devices. Set up a Roku account in the UK before you leave, when you arrive here set up a US account. You can set up a UK account from here but it is easier to do it while still there. Have one Roku running on the UK account and the other on the US account. The smartDNS will make the UK one appear to be in the UK. You then get everything on UK Roku and US ones. Including relevant country Netflix.
Old Sep 13th 2018, 6:35 pm
Forum Regular

Mall18 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks everyone, to be honest it's US programmes I watch now really, I rarely watch UK tv, I just wasn't sure if the same things would be on there?
But I might well do as you suggested Iansbury for my daughter as does watch UK stuff.
I probably won't have time to watch normal TV anyway with a new business to run which is a shame as I particularly enjoy the US commercials
Old Sep 13th 2018, 7:53 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks everyone, to be honest it's US programmes I watch now really, I rarely watch UK tv, I just wasn't sure if the same things would be on there?
But I might well do as you suggested Iansbury for my daughter as does watch UK stuff.
I probably won't have time to watch normal TV anyway with a new business to run which is a shame as I particularly enjoy the US commercials
Errr...I believe there might be some self help shows on Netflix. You might need them

Commercials ........crazy!
Old Sep 13th 2018, 8:01 pm
Forum Regular

Mall18 is an unknown quantity at this point

I just marvel at the things that are advertised during family programmes. Also the disclaimers that basically seem to say if you die it's not our fault
Old Sep 13th 2018, 9:34 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

I just marvel at the things that are advertised during family programmes. Also the disclaimers that basically seem to say if you die it's not our fault
You'll soon get over it. Then it will start annoying you then you will cut the cord to any type of cable/satellite and just watch Netflix/Prime/Britbox etc.

( Sorry just described my life)
Old Apr 7th 2019, 10:57 pm
Account Closed

Watched The Highway Men last night and really liked it.
It is based on the story of the Texas Rangers that finally caught up with Bonnie and Clyde.

It is the Rangers story, not Bonnie and Clydes story. Kevin Costner and Woody Harrelson are the two Rangers. Their on screen chemisty is great. Lots of Woody one liners!

It is sad to see how in 1934 the public idolized Bonnie and Clyde. Things just don't change do they!

I recommend this Netflix Movie.
Old Apr 8th 2019, 3:39 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma
It is based on the story of the Texas Rangers that finally caught up with Bonnie and Clyde.

It is the Rangers story, not Bonnie and Clydes story. Kevin Costner and Woody Harrelson are the two Rangers. Their on screen chemisty is great. Lots of Woody one liners!

It is sad to see how in 1934 the public idolized Bonnie and Clyde. Things just don't change do they!

I recommend this Netflix Movie.
I really thought it was a good movie.

Old Apr 8th 2019, 5:40 am

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the heads up. Watched it tonight and really enjoyed it.

Old Apr 28th 2019, 1:16 am
Account Closed

Not Netflix but Prime.
We watched They shall not grow old by Peter Jackson last night. Very moving and well made movie.

So young and so innocent to be sent to fight for your country.

( not available to rent we bought it)
Old Apr 28th 2019, 2:58 am
Account Closed

Netflix. The Last Resort. A photographer's story of Miami Beach from the 60's onward. It is also about the life of one of the photographer's, Andy Sweet.

It was interesting. Some great shots of Miami and the people tggat lived there.
Old May 6th 2019, 4:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute

Did anyone watch The Keepers? It reviewed really well and people were talking about it, I watched the first 2 episodes and thought it was crap, it was like watching paint dry, I almost didn’t watch the 3rd episode but decided to, I am glad I did, a very deep and disturbing insight to the Catholic Church.
Old Jun 12th 2019, 3:35 am
Account Closed

Hinterland.

I keep watching each series but it must be the most depressing detective series I have ever seen. It's compelling in a weird way. Oh, and it's Welsh.
Old Aug 26th 2019, 3:14 am
Account Closed

The Great Hack. The Cambridge Analytica story with ties to Facebook, Brexit and 2016 Trump election. Scary stuff!

Murder Mountain. California Marijuana farming, illegal and legal. It's an interesting series.
Old Aug 26th 2019, 3:47 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

mrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond reputemrken30 has a reputation beyond repute

The Great Hack. The Cambridge Analytica story with ties to Facebook, Brexit and 2016 Trump election. Scary stuff!
if your watch the Great Hack you should watch the Brexit movie
Old Aug 30th 2019, 10:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Murder Mountain. California Marijuana farming, illegal and legal. It's an interesting series.
I watched The Great Hack (and Murder Mountain is next!).

I was very disappointed by the show. I found it to be very high on fluffy technique, very low on substance. Super-sexy high-tech graphics, lots of long, pensive shots of that lady Brittany Kaiser anguishing over her actions (in swimming pools, taxis, airplanes, boats, random hotel rooms, etc) ... but not a lot of actual information! I was hoping to learn more about exactly what happened, and how, but when they showed actual testimony footage, they overlaid shots of Brittany watching the testimony on TV, and then had distracting pop-ups showing what her text and/or twitter feed was supposedly showing at the time. I mean ... I really thought it was cool how they did all the overlays, but ultimately it was a complete triumph of form over substance.

I really hope this isn't the new standard for documentaries - high on sexy graphics, low on content.

That said - yes, a very scary situation and one we should all be very much aware of. I haven't posted on FB for about 3 years now

Is this lady Brittany Kaiser really so significant in this that we needed to see so much of her, and gain so much insight into her blow-by-blow thoughts on the developments as they unfolded? They treated her as if she were a superstar celebrity who we would all want to know the gory details of.

Last edited by Steerpike; Aug 30th 2019 at 10:19 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.