Netflix

Old Feb 19th 2011, 12:57 pm
crg
American Expat

crg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Netflix

Originally Posted by another bloody yank
Streamed "Restrepo" the other night. Well worth it and made me feel like an ass for complaining about anything, ever. Everyone should watch it.

For the DVD folks, been getting "Freaks and Geeks". A really decent show about high school kids. Makes me literally LOL several times per episode, and me actually laughing is a pretty rare event. Especially at anything on TV.
It's fun finding a series you barely watched when it was broadcast and then zipping through entire seasons with Netflix streams/DVDs. I may have to give Freaks & Geeks a try. Thanks for the suggestion.
Old Feb 19th 2011, 4:44 pm
I'm off to find a spanner

sime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond repute

Streamed "Restrepo" the other night. Well worth it and made me feel like an ass for complaining about anything, ever. Everyone should watch it.

For the DVD folks, been getting "Freaks and Geeks". A really decent show about high school kids. Makes me literally LOL several times per episode, and me actually laughing is a pretty rare event. Especially at anything on TV.
Very Insightful, at least they got a little fresh meat at one point. I know it's not on Netflix but if you can find it some way you might like Ross Kemp in Afghanistan too.
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 2:17 pm
Diamond Geezer

Ridski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond reputeRidski has a reputation beyond repute

Although I went to high school in the early to mid-80s, so it was a little later than the time period in the show, F&G is the one show that actually got it right IMO in terms of what my high school experience was like. I was one of those awkward kids that played D&D and had no idea how to talk to girls, and even the way it portrayed the adults as flawed but neither evil, stupid nor shining golden beacons of parenthood was excellent. Say what you like about the current output of Judd Apatow movies, but that was great, and the fact that most of that cast are still friends and still appear in, if not write and direct, great comedies that he works on, I'd say it was a testament to the amount of creative talent he managed to get together for what would otherwise be yet another forgotten failed TV show.

Check it out, you won't be disappointed.
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 2:22 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

We watched a documemtary called Exit Through the Gift Shop. It was really very good, if you're a fan of Banksy you will enjoy it

http://www.banksyfilm.com/
Old Feb 22nd 2011, 4:12 pm
crg
American Expat

crg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond reputecrg has a reputation beyond repute

Holy cow. I just received some good news. I subscribe to Amazon Prime and get free shipping on almost anything sold by Amazon for $79 per year. I have the stuff shipped to a company that then couriers it to me overseas. Amazon just sent me a message that they are adding all of their live streaming content to my Prime benefits at no additional charge. I'll have to see how the content compares to Netflix. This could be a game changer.
Old Feb 24th 2011, 10:37 pm
Forum Regular

choppi is a name known to allchoppi is a name known to allchoppi is a name known to allchoppi is a name known to allchoppi is a name known to allchoppi is a name known to allchoppi is a name known to allchoppi is a name known to allchoppi is a name known to allchoppi is a name known to allchoppi is a name known to all

Originally Posted by willmore
Doc Martin was one of my favourites as well.....

Another Doc Martin fan as well. Love it.
Old Feb 24th 2011, 11:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

The Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by crg
Holy cow. I just received some good news. I subscribe to Amazon Prime and get free shipping on almost anything sold by Amazon for $79 per year. I have the stuff shipped to a company that then couriers it to me overseas. Amazon just sent me a message that they are adding all of their live streaming content to my Prime benefits at no additional charge. I'll have to see how the content compares to Netflix. This could be a game changer.
I saw that too! But I don't have netflix so please let me know how it compares.
Given that I was paying for Amazon Prime anyway it's a bonus for me, maybe they'll get more films as they go along.
Old Feb 24th 2011, 11:46 pm
crg
American Expat

Originally Posted by The Horticulturalist
I saw that too! But I don't have netflix so please let me know how it compares.
Given that I was paying for Amazon Prime anyway it's a bonus for me, maybe they'll get more films as they go along.
After sifting through Amazon's content, I haven't seen anything that Amazon has that Netflix doesn't have too. Netflix has more. It's still a free bonus for something I already buy so I don't mind and they may add more.

Last edited by crg; Feb 24th 2011 at 11:58 pm.
Old Feb 26th 2011, 2:06 am
BE Enthusiast

emailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really niceemailrob is just really nice

Originally Posted by crg
i imagine (but am not sure) that it would kick you out due to not having a US IP address
Old Feb 26th 2011, 6:04 am

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

Went to the cinema this afternoon with the little one to watch Gnomeo and Juliet it was ok, a fun 90 minutes with a couple of clever moments. Elton John is the exec producer and all the songs are his.

I had to laugh at the feuding neighbors at the beginning, the man is played by Richard Wilson, so you hear 'I don't belieeevve it' and a One Foot In The Grave style rant. I found this highly amusing, and then found it even more amusing that I was the only person in the cinema who got it

Just sat through Salt what a load of bollox
Old Feb 26th 2011, 12:46 pm
lush

Juswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by N1cky
yeah that was pretty shit wasn't it.

although I thought the bit with the taser on the leg was quite original
Old Feb 26th 2011, 12:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

nethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Juswus
yeah that was pretty shit wasn't it.

although I thought the bit with the taser on the leg was quite original
I can't bring myself to watch anything with Angelina Jolie in, she was my stomach turn.
Old Feb 26th 2011, 2:14 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by N1cky

It was kind of amusing at the time though, only because it came out the same time all those spies got arrested, one of them being in Boston, so the extra local hype was fun. Probably not so fun other wise

She is a bit monging though, but the part was originally set for a bloke, can't remember who though.
Old Feb 26th 2011, 2:23 pm
lush

Juswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
She is a bit monging though, but the part was originally set for a bloke, can't remember who though.

Tom Cruise
Old Feb 26th 2011, 3:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

nethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nethead
I can't bring myself to watch anything with Angelina Jolie in, she was my stomach turn.
Obviously that should read, she 'makes' my stomach turn. Not she 'was' my stomach

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.