Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

Neighbours Burgled Yesterday

Neighbours Burgled Yesterday

Old Oct 23rd 2009, 7:51 pm
Chocoholic !

ChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Neighbours Burgled Yesterday

Originally Posted by Bob
stick the blipper either above your ear to your skull, or under your jaw, amplifies the signal and boosts the range by around 3-6 times...should work.
Really ???? Bob I think you might be pulling my leg (but will try it anyway) Just like I always hold my breath when someone dives under the water on the telly or the time that I believed the Sam Houston Tollway was closed after 10pm - but in my defense the 10 year old that told me that was verrry convincing!.
Old Oct 23rd 2009, 8:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chartreuse
Ah, but whose bedroom was the messy one?
LOL. Not mine
Old Oct 23rd 2009, 8:46 pm

chartreuse is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't mean to make light of the situation, but I couldn't help noticing this rather poetic juxtaposition of threads...
Attached Thumbnails Neighbours Burgled Yesterday-.jpg  
Old Oct 23rd 2009, 9:14 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ChocolateBabz
Really ???? Bob I think you might be pulling my leg (but will try it anyway)
seriously, it works on most car blippers...on our old saab 9000 I could unlock the car across a walmart carpark almost....current car not as far, but it still triples the range, doesn't say much as the range ain't that great on it, but it makes it a lot easier finding the car
Old Oct 23rd 2009, 9:24 pm
Junior Showtime

Kate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond reputeKate2112 has a reputation beyond repute

get a handgun and use it if you or the life of someone you love is threatened.
Old Oct 24th 2009, 12:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Dogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond reputeDogbyte has a reputation beyond repute

If present during any burglary, (although this goes against the grain),go hide and let them take the property.Your life is worth far more than simply property that can replaced, however sentimental. It may be handy to have a stun gun though (more than a knife or bat),simple and easily female friendly just in case.
Couple of tips,.. which are simply photograph all your items and even scratch or pen your postcode on more expensive items,cameras videos,photo the crown jewels etc but dont put your piccies on the computer cos thats likely to go anyway
Old Oct 24th 2009, 1:11 am
Carmel Indiana

paul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
a lot of career burglers won't because armed robbery is a much more serious offence, they tend to take the weapon off the person in the house and use that if you confront them...

though if you were in Texas, they'd probably be armed as they're more likely to come across an armed home owner, so more likely to just shoot you first.
My stance. and fortunately that of the state I live in is that if you enter my home uninvited, I aint gonna cower in a corner and hope you aint armed or a serial killer - Your gonna get as many +p 9mm hollowpoints as it takes to make you go away - my gun holds 20, should be enough.

The NRA offers home defence training to help ensure your gun remains with you, and stays pointing in the right direction.
Old Oct 24th 2009, 1:13 am

Originally Posted by Kate2112
get a handgun and use it if you or the life of someone you love is threatened.
The problem with only having one handgun is, unless you carry it, you may find that it's in different room when you need it.

We keep various ones, around the house along with a 12ga tactical pump - which I feed with low recoil 00 buck.
Old Oct 24th 2009, 1:20 am
Carmel Indiana

paul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond reputepaul1968mcr has a reputation beyond repute

The problem with only having one handgun is, unless you carry it, you may find that it's in different room when you need it.

We keep various ones, around the house along with a 12ga tactical pump - which I feed with low recoil 00 buck.
Too true!!

I've just ordered a new gun belt to go with my galco holster.....me and my .357 loaded with +p .38 hollowpoints will be constant companions.

I keep a springfield armory xdm9 in reach at night, and a 20g 870 with #4 buckshot in the safe.
Old Oct 24th 2009, 1:21 am

Originally Posted by Dogbyte
If present during any burglary, (although this goes against the grain),go hide and let them take the property.Your life is worth far more than simply property that can replaced, however sentimental. It may be handy to have a stun gun though (more than a knife or bat),simple and easily female friendly just in case.
Couple of tips,.. which are simply photograph all your items and even scratch or pen your postcode on more expensive items,cameras videos,photo the crown jewels etc but dont put your piccies on the computer cos thats likely to go anyway
Ooh, that wasn't clever. Not round our way, anyhow. Joking apart, one of the main reasons many women don't enjoy shooting sports is that many men think "a lady needs a little gun". So they end up trying to shoot these daft little things that have bugger all mass to them and therefore maximise the felt recoil. Which puts them off.

Give 'em a .357 Python or something in .45LC.

Very sound advice on property marking, pics etc, though. All I'd add would be also scan your credit cards (front and back - you'll need the phone number if you lose it) and other documents. As well as paper copies, you can also open up a free gmail account (for example) and attach all the files to a series of draft emails, which you never send.
Old Oct 24th 2009, 1:29 am
Carmel Indiana

You also need more than one "shooter" just in case.

Here's my 13 year old at the range.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDNp24d-4cE
Old Oct 24th 2009, 1:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Is it really that bad where you live? I couldn't live in fear like that.
Old Oct 24th 2009, 1:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Englishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishtart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
Is it really that bad where you live? I couldn't live in fear like that.
I'm with you Sally...I think if it was that bad, I would rather move than have a house full of guns

tbh, the thought of my kids hanging out in a house with that many guns around, worries me more than getting burgled
Old Oct 24th 2009, 1:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Englishtart
I'm with you Sally...I think if it was that bad, I would rather move than have a house full of guns

tbh, the thought of my kids hanging out in a house with that many guns around, worries me more than getting burgled
Not worth it, I agree.
Old Oct 24th 2009, 1:48 am
BE Forum Addict

nethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Englishtart

Too freakin' right.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.