Need a Wii...

Old Sep 18th 2009, 6:47 pm
Wishful thinking...

radion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to behold
Default Need a Wii...

OK, so my wife thought we would get a Wii Fit so we have, and console and games.
So did my first Body test a fortnight ago, Wii age put me at 61...(Am 48)
My cog( center of gravity ) was way off to the left.
A fortnight later and doing bits on it every night my Wii age is down to 40 and my Cog is almost dead center.
I do feel fitter for it, doing a 30min jog, 20mins of Yoga, 20mins of Muscles.
So anyone else got one or given up...
Old Sep 18th 2009, 7:04 pm
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Need a Wii...

Originally Posted by radion
OK, so my wife thought we would get a Wii Fit so we have, and console and games.
A fortnight later and doing bits on it every night my Wii age is down to 40 and my Cog is almost dead center.
Got one a while back. My wife nearly threw it in the woods when it grunted as she stepped on it for her initial weigh in. She screamed "You bitch!" at it, which was kind of awkward in front of the kids and all. I had to explain that the electronic game had upset Mommy, and calling it names made her feel better.

I didn't bother getting on the damn thing.
Old Sep 18th 2009, 7:27 pm
The Kwisatz Haderach

Mummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond reputeMummy in the foothills has a reputation beyond repute

I'm so uncoordinated my Wii age came in as 80. It was the funniest thing ever, the kids and I spent the summer trying to get a wii age better than 80
I managed to get down to about 30 at one point, then it went back to 80.
Old Sep 18th 2009, 7:31 pm

N1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond reputeN1cky has a reputation beyond repute

We love our Wii, I was trying before the madness of the last few weeks to do Wii Fit at least 5 times a week and it was really working. My husband likes the Outdoor Adventure, which is good fun especially if you have kids, and I recently bought the EA Workout which seems really good, a bit like having a personal trainer.

My hubby really laughed recently when I went to a new doctors and on the form when asked what exercise I do I put Yoga and Aerobics, just didn't say it was on the Wii
Old Sep 19th 2009, 12:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by another bloody yank
Got one a while back. My wife nearly threw it in the woods when it grunted as she stepped on it for her initial weigh in. She screamed "You bitch!" at it, which was kind of awkward in front of the kids and all. I had to explain that the electronic game had upset Mommy, and calling it names made her feel better.

Old Sep 19th 2009, 12:32 am
lush

Juswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by another bloody yank

that is bloody hilarious!

I know so many people that bought them and started doing wii fit and lasted about 5 times. Are the games crazy expensive for them?
Old Sep 19th 2009, 1:04 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Juswus

I know so many people that bought them and started doing wii fit and lasted about 5 times. Are the games crazy expensive for them?
Fit is...the rest, between $30-50 new, but you can find them second for cheap.
Old Sep 19th 2009, 1:05 am
lush

Juswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond reputeJuswus has a reputation beyond repute

gotcha.

I think I would be dangerous with those sticks.
I'm bad enough with a regular xbox controller, I leap up and start jumping around while I'm fighting
Old Sep 19th 2009, 1:13 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Juswus
gotcha.

I think I would be dangerous with those sticks.
I'm bad enough with a regular xbox controller, I leap up and start jumping around while I'm fighting
that's what super glue is for

The Motion Plus thing is really nice addition for the wii resort games and EA tigerwoods jobby.
Old Sep 19th 2009, 1:37 am
lush

Originally Posted by Bob
tigerwoods jobby.
teehee

sorry couldnt help myself!
Old Sep 19th 2009, 8:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

melody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nicemelody32 is just really nice

We got the Wii specifically for me and weight loss goal. I use it in addition to dvd's, exercise, and diet. It's been helpful for my husband to track how much effort I've been putting in since during the week we rarely see each other. My balance will always be off center because of hip alignment; but, like you the numbers have been improving.

We did go out and purchased the everlast riser that increases the fit to normal step height. Much more of a workout; but, make sure to weigh yourself without the riser! My husband woke me at 4am when he saw the 25lb loss in one day
Old Sep 19th 2009, 9:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Deedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond repute

ok then .. wot do i need. !!! I have got the wii.. its sitting pretty collecting dust in the corner of the room... I got a big ass getting bigger - help me .. what do i need and how often do i need to go on this bloody thing... just send me a list of things to buy. Talk about you lot giving a guilt complex!! and i just got chocolate buscuits from amsterdam tucked nicely in the cupboard at home.. ffs.. thats just great. Oh well no gain no pain.
Old Sep 20th 2009, 8:32 am
Wishful thinking...

radion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to beholdradion is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Deedee13
ok then .. wot do i need. !!! I have got the wii.. its sitting pretty collecting dust in the corner of the room... I got a big ass getting bigger - help me .. what do i need and how often do i need to go on this bloody thing... just send me a list of things to buy. Talk about you lot giving a guilt complex!! and i just got chocolate buscuits from amsterdam tucked nicely in the cupboard at home.. ffs.. thats just great. Oh well no gain no pain.
Deedee, if you have the fit and console, that's all for now girl, do at least 30mins each day and take part in as many as you can manage, then as you feel better in doing it, try to extent your time to maybe 45mins include in that a jog somewhere in that time also, drink lots of water too, and mostly just treat it as a bit of fun, we do, never laughed so much in trying to do some of these yoga things...

Secondly, just watch what you eat, I was surprised just how much snacking I did, and set yourself a realistic target weight lose goal, say a month 7lbs loss, and do the body test the same time each day if you can also...good luck
Old Sep 20th 2009, 12:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

mayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of lightmayhemuk is a glorious beacon of light

Mom got one but not being a console maverick is not getting very much exercise because it does like one yoga move for a couple of mins then nothing further. Is there something we're missing to get it to do a 20-30 mins or more workout?
I've not had time to try and help work out what should be doing.
It's now gathering dust.
Old Sep 20th 2009, 1:59 pm
Wishful thinking...

Originally Posted by mayhemuk
Mom got one but not being a console maverick is not getting very much exercise because it does like one yoga move for a couple of mins then nothing further. Is there something we're missing to get it to do a 20-30 mins or more workout?
I've not had time to try and help work out what should be doing.
It's now gathering dust.
Well the Wii Fit is a workout program, with about 4 different subject to choose from, Muscle, Yoga, Balance, Aerobics I always choose a bit of stretching before a good jog, so start off gentle like, then as your time bank builds up in minutes then as you warm up try something harder.

I finish with a 30 min free jog and feel better for it, i was stiff before but now feel I can move around again and like it, you make your style to suit you, the Yoga is good for balance and that is something we all seem to lose as we get older, good posture helps things such as bad backs and the like.

We tried it only as a bit of fun, never take it serious but it does help and you will be shocked at your Wii age, I was but its getting better, how about some Yoga for 10mins, Muscles for 10mins, then finish off with a nice 10min jog, see how you feel after just a week
Let me know how you get on...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.