British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Trailer Park (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/)
-   -   My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/my-big-fat-gypsy-wedding-701490/)

traceym Jan 20th 2011 2:01 am

My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding

A 5 part series started on Channel 4 on 18 Jan, very interesting, and it dispels a few myths!

Poppy girl Jan 20th 2011 3:25 am

Re: My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding

Originally Posted by traceym (Post 9114898)
A 5 part series started on Channel 4 on 18 Jan, very interesting, and it dispels a few myths!

Channel 4 did you move back to the UK!!

traceym Jan 20th 2011 3:27 am

Originally Posted by Poppy girl (Post 9115022)
Channel 4 did you move back to the UK!!

No, daughter recommended it so I sort of found it for free ;) very good if you can find it somewhere!

Poppy girl Jan 20th 2011 3:30 am

Originally Posted by traceym (Post 9115026)
No, daughter recommended it so I sort of found it for free ;) very good if you can find it somewhere!

Oh LOL I thought you had a secret :sneaky: might come up on UKnova or thebox.bz will take a peek! :)

Jaxbar Jan 20th 2011 3:40 am

Yep watched the one off documentary and now they have made it into a series, the kid with the 500 metres of pink netting for a first holy communion was bizarre. I got slingbox for Christmas my best present ever, bet my brother is regretting it as I keep trying to turn his TV over!

CAdreaming Jan 20th 2011 7:31 am

Worth watching if you can pick it up in US:thumbup:

NatashaB Jan 20th 2011 4:26 pm

Originally Posted by Bradford Lass (Post 9115045)
Yep watched the one off documentary and now they have made it into a series, the kid with the 500 metres of pink netting for a first holy communion was bizarre. I got slingbox for Christmas my best present ever, bet my brother is regretting it as I keep trying to turn his TV over!

What is a slingbox? I had a quick look at their website and it doesn't really explain exactly what channels you can pick up.

Jaxbar Jan 20th 2011 4:42 pm

Originally Posted by NatashaB (Post 9116280)
What is a slingbox? I had a quick look at their website and it doesn't really explain exactly what channels you can pick up.

Someone in England/other country buys the box and attaches it to their tv/digibox and sets up an account and then you log in via the internet and watch their TV. Sorry I dont know the technical details but basically I watch his TV and try not to change the channels when he is watching recorded tv!

NatashaB Jan 20th 2011 4:55 pm

Ah ok - so I just need to convince someone with a Sky box in the UK to let me connect it up and then I can watch all my rubbish programs! YAY!

katybluewater Jan 20th 2011 6:06 pm

or get UKiVPN - its only 50 pounds a year and you can get all channels to watch UK TV. We play it on my laptop, and plug the laptop into the TV screen - works brilliantly. Also - My Big Fat Gypsy wedding - brilliant!

anotherlimey Jan 21st 2011 4:27 am

Surprisingly refreshing. They're similar in many ways to Latin Americans.

mellybrown Jan 21st 2011 11:28 am

I d/l ed it from the box - I watched the one off last year and found it very interesting. This new mini series will also be good!

Oregon4now Jan 21st 2011 3:18 pm

You can also watch it on Youtube in 10 minute segments .