British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Trailer Park (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/)
-   -   The Mr. Men Show (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/mr-men-show-535056/)

HoosierDaddy May 8th 2008 1:12 am

The Mr. Men Show

Has to be one of the best kids shows on the telly :)
It's on Cartoon Network at 9am during the week (weekend too?) My 3 year old daughter and (nearly) 2 year old son LOVE it. Even keeps me occupied. :p
I never saw the British newer version, but it seems the only differences are the voices and a name tweak or two.
I got the DVD of the Original Mr. Men a few years ago and it has aged terribly with 70's animation and all, although Arthur Lowe's plummy voice is still pretty special.

Anyone else a fan?

Emma M May 8th 2008 1:26 am

Re: The Mr. Men Show

Originally Posted by HoosierDaddy (Post 6321220)
It's on Cartoon Network at 9am during the week (weekend too?) My 3 year old daughter and (nearly) 2 year old son LOVE it. Even keeps me occupied. :p
I never saw the British newer version, but it seems the only differences are the voices and a name tweak or two.
I got the DVD of the Original Mr. Men a few years ago and it has aged terribly with 70's animation and all, although Arthur Lowe's plummy voice is still pretty special.

Anyone else a fan?

Oh isn't it brilliant?! We love it!!! My hub actually gets up in the mornings just for that show! :lol:

kins May 8th 2008 3:28 pm

Ahhh good to know.

Any other good shows for kids? I'd been avoiding Cartoon Network because it all seemed violent.

We're getting Dish next week with America's Top 250 - I'm not holding my breath but at least we'll have a DVR so we won't have to sit through all the ads any more. I thought I'd record a load of stuff for the kids so we don't spend so much time watching their Care Bears DVDs :rolleyes:

HoosierDaddy May 8th 2008 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by kins (Post 6323948)
Ahhh good to know.

Any other good shows for kids? I'd been avoiding Cartoon Network because it all seemed violent.

We're getting Dish next week with America's Top 250 - I'm not holding my breath but at least we'll have a DVR so we won't have to sit through all the ads any more. I thought I'd record a load of stuff for the kids so we don't spend so much time watching their Care Bears DVDs :rolleyes:

Daughter is a fan of:

- SpongeBob (Nick)
- Yo Gabba Gabba (Nick Jr?) Tons of singing/dancing/musical nonsense by a DJ who is a mix of something out of the band "Dee-Lite" and Austin Powers.

PBS has plenty shows to watch and NBC has their Saturday morning block called 'Qubo'.

britvic May 8th 2008 3:43 pm

Originally Posted by HoosierDaddy (Post 6321220)

Anyone else a fan?

I'm a fan of there books and of course my Son loves them. I'd like to get the full set but seem's a bit pricey on Ebay.

Ash UK/US May 8th 2008 3:45 pm

My daughters LOVE Dora the Explorer... kinda cute to hear your 4 year old speak and understand spanish.

I did flick the Mr Men show on the other day and they refused to watch it!

Ash UK/US May 8th 2008 3:47 pm

If you like a funny cartoon try this one.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDfT7Cxos1o

NOT for kids though!

britvic May 8th 2008 3:48 pm

Originally Posted by Ash UK/US (Post 6324011)
My daughters LOVE Dora the Explorer... kinda cute to hear your 4 year old speak and understand spanish.

I did flick the Mr Men show on the other day and they refused to watch it!

They've gone all American already ;)

Ash UK/US May 8th 2008 3:51 pm

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewfmKmFVr9Y
This Mr Men show is hilarious too.

Ash UK/US May 8th 2008 3:52 pm

Originally Posted by britvic (Post 6324021)
They've gone all American already ;)

Too... although I hear Dora and Diego are popular in the UK too.

kins May 8th 2008 3:58 pm

I think my 2yo would still have a British accent if he didn't watch quite so much Dora and Diego, as it is he just sounds like Diego half the time.

britvic May 8th 2008 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by Ash UK/US (Post 6324043)
Too... although I hear Dora and Diego are popular in the UK too.

My boy's always been a Sponge Bob fan :rolleyes: thank god he's growing out of that now.

Xebedee May 8th 2008 4:08 pm

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by britvic (Post 6324112)
My boy's always been a Sponge Bob fan :rolleyes: thank god he's growing out of that now.

Bwaaaaaahahahahaha
Baa-hahahahaha

Ash UK/US May 8th 2008 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by britvic (Post 6324112)

Spongebob is one VERY weird show... I think his pineapple under the sea fermented and went to his head!!!:p

britvic May 8th 2008 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by Ash UK/US (Post 6324155)
Spongebob is one VERY weird show... I think his pineapple under the sea fermented and went to his head!!!:p

There's one kid's show that really makes me laugh it's called Mr Meaty, the puppets remind me of certain people :lol: