Mozzie Misery

Old May 28th 2009, 5:14 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Mozzie Misery

Originally Posted by tonrob
I find that getting drunk is a great way to avoid the unpleasant sensation of mosquitoes biting you if you're sitting outside on a summer's evening.

Edit: Thought I'd add that you actually need to stay drunk for two weeks to avoid discomfort altogether.
And thus, the British holidaymaker is finally explained.
Old May 28th 2009, 5:38 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Up here in the far north, we are having a cold, wet spring (early summer?) and the mosquitoes and black flies are about average .. but the deer ticks are really bad this year. Fortunately I'm getting quite skilled at pulling the little buggers out intact..
Old May 28th 2009, 9:01 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Deet...nothing else works really...as for bites, After Bite, or anything with ammonium hydroxide so you could slag it up and use plain ammonium...
Old May 29th 2009, 1:16 am
Sleepless In Chicago

MrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to behold

I guess I slag it up with my Walgreen brand ammonium. Works well, smells like a ginnel.
Old May 29th 2009, 3:16 am
Forum Regular

SpaceProg is just really niceSpaceProg is just really niceSpaceProg is just really niceSpaceProg is just really niceSpaceProg is just really niceSpaceProg is just really niceSpaceProg is just really niceSpaceProg is just really niceSpaceProg is just really niceSpaceProg is just really niceSpaceProg is just really nice

Am I the only one that likes to watch birds and bats?
Old May 29th 2009, 3:18 am
BE Enthusiast

Kar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by SpaceProg
No? But it's much nicer when you don't have to slap at mosquitoes all the damn time. There's still plenty of them left to feed the birds and bats.
Old May 29th 2009, 12:47 pm

robskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond repute

We went camping this past weekend and I bought the new "OFF" clip on insect repellent and didn't get bitten once, usually they get only me. It has refill cartridges that last for 12 hours.
As for relief, tea tree oil or gold bond itch relief cream.
Damn mozzies!
Old May 29th 2009, 1:12 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robskatie
We went camping this past weekend and I bought the new "OFF" clip on insect repellent and didn't get bitten once, usually they get only me. It has refill cartridges that last for 12 hours.
Damn mozzies!
Saw those advertised on TV last night...I wondered if they were similar to the clip on one I use.
Old May 29th 2009, 3:50 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Damn mozzies!
You knew I've been eyeballing that commercial didn't you....

Good to hear it works. I like that. My own personal fog of keep-the-hell-offa-me.
Old May 29th 2009, 3:53 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

No, I do, living on the farm we had tons of barn swallows and a few bats and I don't remember bugs ever being a problem, well except for bot flies for the horses.

Now I live next to a marsh, and while I do not use chemicals and don't wish to the bird population seems to be songbirds and that's about it,
Old May 29th 2009, 4:01 pm

Hey! I *said* hummingbirds from the get go. Been trying to get DH to make me a bat house but he's too busy with his mason bee project.
Old May 29th 2009, 4:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
Hey! I *said* hummingbirds from the get go. Been trying to get DH to make me a bat house but he's too busy with his mason bee project.
http://www.backyardbird.com/naturalchalet.html

Why wait, just go buy one.
Old May 29th 2009, 4:25 pm

Originally Posted by sunflwrgrl13
lol, you don't *buy* things around here that can be *made*! Letting down the team and all. They just go on the ever longer 'honey do' list.

That one is cute though....
Old May 29th 2009, 6:48 pm

robskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond reputerobskatie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by meauxna
Bats scare me....I have nightmares of being bitten by a rabid bat!! In fact when the bats come out at night I come in......true!!
Old May 29th 2009, 9:09 pm

Bats scare me....I have nightmares of being bitten by a rabid bat!! In fact when the bats come out at night I come in......true!!
And no mosquito bites on you, so it works!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.