Movie.

Old Nov 7th 2009, 3:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute
Default Movie.

Last night we rented and watched The Prophosal, cute movie and very funny, however having gone through the INS/USCIS for my K1/P R card it certainly had a Hollywood spin to the process.
Old Nov 7th 2009, 4:40 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Movie.

Originally Posted by Ash UK/US
Last night we rented and watched The Prophosal, cute movie and very funny, however having gone through the INS/USCIS for my K1/P R card it certainly had a Hollywood spin to the process.
I agree. I saw it in the theater when it first came out, and sat there laughing through the whole scene where they simply show up at USCIS, hand in the application for fiance visa, and go through an interview right then and there....then the officer tells them, OK come back after this weekend and I'll approve you. Yeah..RIGHT...LOL
Old Nov 7th 2009, 5:17 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Aye, don't think anything on tele is remotely close
Old Nov 9th 2009, 6:58 pm
Forum Regular

chocchipcookie is an unknown quantity at this point

Have you seen 'Crossing Over' with Harrison Ford? He plays an immigration agent (and pulls it off, still sexy even in the ICE jacket). Ray Liotta is the corrupt adjudication officer. I thought it was excellent. The scene with the rabbi is simply the best immigration interview scene I've ever watched.

For me, the Proposal just didn't quite hit the mark. Why do all these characters - even interns - live in multi-million pound houses with gorgeous mothers, sugary families?
Old Nov 9th 2009, 7:29 pm
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by chocchipcookie
Why do all these characters - even interns - live in multi-million pound houses with gorgeous mothers, sugary families?
That's just the way it is over here.

And my wife just happened to rent The Proposal over the weekend. I thought it was dumb.

Except the part where she was wearing that handtowel. That was cool.

If it wasn't for that biker guy she would be mine.
Old Nov 9th 2009, 7:39 pm
Forum Regular

chocchipcookie is an unknown quantity at this point

I had that same problem with Robert de Niro. Had to go ex-directory in the end.
Old Nov 9th 2009, 7:45 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ash UK/US

Did it ever. With her money and the firm's money and attorney she didn't even bother to get a consultation. Apply for the K-1 at the USCIS in Fed Plaza. Right!

The Proposal ... I propose that Hollywood writer's do a little research before they do their next movie dealing with US immigration.
Old Nov 9th 2009, 8:37 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by another bloody yank
That's just the way it is over here.

And my wife just happened to rent The Proposal over the weekend. I thought it was dumb.

Except the part where she was wearing that handtowel. That was cool.

If it wasn't for that biker guy she would be mine.
Word has it on the street, she's a Crabby Appleton though. She has a beach house over on Tybee Island, our local beach area.