British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   The Trailer Park (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/)
-   -   Movie. (https://britishexpats.com/forum/trailer-park-96/movie-639517/)

Ash UK/US Nov 7th 2009 3:48 pm

Movie.

Last night we rented and watched The Prophosal, cute movie and very funny, however having gone through the INS/USCIS for my K1/P R card it certainly had a Hollywood spin to the process.

Noorah101 Nov 7th 2009 4:40 pm

Re: Movie.

Originally Posted by Ash UK/US (Post 8079157)
Last night we rented and watched The Prophosal, cute movie and very funny, however having gone through the INS/USCIS for my K1/P R card it certainly had a Hollywood spin to the process.

I agree. I saw it in the theater when it first came out, and sat there laughing through the whole scene where they simply show up at USCIS, hand in the application for fiance visa, and go through an interview right then and there....then the officer tells them, OK come back after this weekend and I'll approve you. Yeah..RIGHT...LOL

Bob Nov 7th 2009 5:17 pm

Aye, don't think anything on tele is remotely close :D

chocchipcookie Nov 9th 2009 6:58 pm

Have you seen 'Crossing Over' with Harrison Ford? He plays an immigration agent (and pulls it off, still sexy even in the ICE jacket). Ray Liotta is the corrupt adjudication officer. I thought it was excellent. The scene with the rabbi is simply the best immigration interview scene I've ever watched.

For me, the Proposal just didn't quite hit the mark. Why do all these characters - even interns - live in multi-million pound houses with gorgeous mothers, sugary families?

another bloody yank Nov 9th 2009 7:29 pm

Originally Posted by chocchipcookie (Post 8084790)
Why do all these characters - even interns - live in multi-million pound houses with gorgeous mothers, sugary families?

That's just the way it is over here.

And my wife just happened to rent The Proposal over the weekend. I thought it was dumb.

Except the part where she was wearing that handtowel. That was cool.

If it wasn't for that biker guy she would be mine.

chocchipcookie Nov 9th 2009 7:39 pm

I had that same problem with Robert de Niro. Had to go ex-directory in the end.

Rete Nov 9th 2009 7:45 pm

Originally Posted by Ash UK/US (Post 8079157)

Did it ever. With her money and the firm's money and attorney she didn't even bother to get a consultation. Apply for the K-1 at the USCIS in Fed Plaza. Right!

The Proposal ... I propose that Hollywood writer's do a little research before they do their next movie dealing with US immigration.

cindyabs Nov 9th 2009 8:37 pm

Originally Posted by another bloody yank (Post 8084865)
That's just the way it is over here.

And my wife just happened to rent The Proposal over the weekend. I thought it was dumb.

Except the part where she was wearing that handtowel. That was cool.

If it wasn't for that biker guy she would be mine.

Word has it on the street, she's a Crabby Appleton though. She has a beach house over on Tybee Island, our local beach area.