Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > The Trailer Park
Reload this Page >

This is more important than the US election...

This is more important than the US election...

Old Nov 9th 2016, 2:03 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default This is more important than the US election...

WTF...

Toblerone triangle change upsets fans - BBC News
Old Nov 9th 2016, 2:12 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: This is more important than the US election...

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Less chocolate for the same price in the same size package.

Probably Trump's idea.
Old Nov 9th 2016, 2:15 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
Less chocolate for the same price in the same size package.

Probably Trump's idea.

It's not funny...my Christmas pressie to my husband every year is one of those huge Toblerone bars. Do you think if Clinton wins it would go back to the status quo?
Old Nov 9th 2016, 2:22 am
BE Forum Addict

joto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond repute

It's not funny...my Christmas pressie to my husband every year is one of those huge Toblerone bars. Do you think if Clinton wins it would go back to the status quo?
Try and get to a store that might have the larger ones in stock, before they stock up with the new, smaller version.
Old Nov 9th 2016, 2:24 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

It's certainly funny looking now.

Sign of the times, consumers handle shrinking of the product and keeping the price the same better vs raising the price and keeping it the same price.

Crazy how small some products are getting. Fun size Halloween candy are like half the size vs when I was a kid....
Old Nov 9th 2016, 2:29 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
It's certainly funny looking now.

Sign of the times, consumers handle shrinking of the product and keeping the price the same better vs raising the price and keeping it the same price.

Crazy how small some products are getting. Fun size Halloween candy are like half the size vs when I was a kid....
Smoke and mirrors J...smoke and mirrors.

My measure is Cadbury' Creme Eggs. I swear they used to be the same size as a hen's egg. Now they are the same size as an ant's egg.
Old Nov 9th 2016, 2:31 am

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute

Toblerone used to be a Swiss brand of chocolate and of course has the iconic Matterhorn on the label.... but similar to Cadbury's is now sadly owned by the Americans (a Brit expat friend works for Mondalez in Zurich, which was split off from the parent company, Kraft).

Toblerone is more expensive to buy in Switzerland than in other countries where it is sold. I've seen Toblerone bars in Poundland in England and I guess stocks will fly off the shelves before the new smaller bars arrive

Going off topic JG.....did you and your family vote in the US election, seeing as you are US Citizens?

Last edited by Englishmum; Nov 9th 2016 at 2:35 am.
Old Nov 9th 2016, 2:33 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Smoke and mirrors J...smoke and mirrors.

My measure is Cadbury' Creme Eggs. I swear they used to be the same size as a hen's egg. Now they are the same size as an ant's egg.
Yes those Cadbury eggs used to be far larger, they are tiny now. More of a quail egg..lol
Old Nov 9th 2016, 2:46 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Well it would have been a more convincing platform than the one she had.
Old Nov 9th 2016, 2:52 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter
Well it would have been a more convincing platform than the one she had.
Do you think she likes Toblerone too?
Old Nov 9th 2016, 9:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Do you think she likes Toblerone too?
Well she should have stuck to climbing a mountain she could conquer as opposed to the US Presidency. She is now falling off that mountain.
Old Nov 9th 2016, 10:49 am

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Looks awful.

My nutritional tip of the day... Snip the triangles off of one Toblerone and use them to repair a 2nd one.

Also, how have I gone this long without adding "Toblerone" to my spell checker?
Old Nov 9th 2016, 11:21 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Chocolate bars etc in the UK have all been reduced in size to keep the price down to keep the big supermarkets happy, I can buy most bars like Mars, Snickers, Kit-Kat etc for £1, but they are smaller than they were a couple of years ago. Terry's chocolate oranges are the same price as last year, but are smaller. It's just that Toblerone is of such a design that it becomes very obvious
Old Nov 9th 2016, 11:37 am
BE Forum Addict

dj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond reputedj6372 has a reputation beyond repute

I pretty damn sure I read somewhere that choky bars had been reduced in size to ensure a smaller calorie count per bar, well that doesn't work I now buy 2 and eat more calories!!
Old Nov 9th 2016, 11:42 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by mikelincs
Chocolate bars etc in the UK have all been reduced in size to keep the price down to keep the big supermarkets happy, I can buy most bars like Mars, Snickers, Kit-Kat etc for £1, but they are smaller than they were a couple of years ago. Terry's chocolate oranges are the same price as last year, but are smaller. It's just that Toblerone is of such a design that it becomes very obvious
Plus it's hidden in a box.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.